Australian screenshots

Toowoomba - Chinchilla (and beyond)

Thought I would post some shots of what I have been working on:

First, this is Cranley which was the junction for the Crows Nest branch

Near Cranley:

Gowrie Junction:

G, day all,

@SWAN12345 - what do you mean about need resources.
@MarkNolan - Beautiful shot's there of the line. And I am shore it will be a great route to use a few QR loco's that are sitting unused on it.
@kentith45 - Just to let you know kent that I am heading down to Tenterfield next weekend for a hunting trip. I will be 35km west of Tenterfield but we follow right next to the railway line from Warwick - Sunnyside platform. So if you decide you are doing the Wallangarra - glen Innes section, I will have a heap of info ready. Might be hard though, I have my uncle, dad, brother, cousins and maybe my grandfather joining me on the trip so they would probably hait me for stopping for a bit.

-Cheers

Last edited:
ok my first theary was right and SWAN12345 you will defenatly come in handy. Someone like gragcash or trainz89 would be great to have in Bondonga Workshops.

-Cheers

excuse me for phrasing it like this, but the way you post seems like you want people to do all these things for you so you can take the credit under your workshop name. Keep in mind that people aren't going to want to join your group if you demand stuff, especially when you refer to them as 'coming in handy'...

keep this in mind

excuse me for phrasing it like this, but the way you post seems like you want people to do all these things for you so you can take the credit under your workshop name. Keep in mind that people aren't going to want to join your group if you demand stuff, especially when you refer to them as 'coming in handy'...

keep this in mind[/ Yeah plus I'm building Namibian content]

Toowoomba - Chinchilla (and beyond)

Thought I would post some shots of what I have been working on:

First, this is Cranley which was the junction for the Crows Nest branch

Near Cranley:

Gowrie Junction:

Long time no hear Mark
Very nice work indeed

Cheers,
Patchy

I only visit here occasionally these days so I do not see many posts and perhaps may not respond to personal messages in the same way I used to. People who are on Railpage forums may have noticed my extensive Tweed Heads Coolangatta railway era research. Jerker has done a wonderful Trainz DEM map for that.

People seeking track plans etc may like to do what I did last week and use the QLD state Archives at Runcorn. I actually saw the original plans and letters etc for the QR South Coast Line [SCL] to Tweed Heads. Bit like the treasures in Aladdins Cave and the Holy Grail combined!! The QSA prices for their staff copying and postage of material on a CD were quite reasonable; postage on a CD up to 100 pages $3.10, copy scan over A3 size $5.70 and copy greyscale was $1.50. No public photocopiers there but they allowed camera phones and showed us how to manage that with special pillows to support the items.

The QLD State Library at SouthBank is another Aladdins Cave and the Holy Grail combined, as are the Australian Railway Historical Society’s [ARHS] monthly Bulletin magazine. They have most of the earlier ones available on DVDs at http://www.arhsnsw.com.au/bnbi00.htm
There is a search function up to 2005 at http://www.nswrail.net/search/bulletin.php The ARHS Bulletin is now called “Australian Railway History” and sold at newsagents.

Spot on,Only trouble is i"m 1700kms away makes it a bit hard for me to duck in in and do a bit of research:hehe:

Went there once in the 80's and it use to be next to Boggo Road Goal

Cheers,
Patchy

Hello everyone! As of today i have decided to recreate the QR Marburg Branch. The monstrous project will be put on hold as i am heading out on a cruise this Sunday, and i plan to start it within the next 2-3 weeks. For those who don't know about the Marburg Branch, it is roughly 14.4 km long, a short little branch with many sharp radius curves and some steep grades for most of the line.

The main commodity hauled along the line was coal, which was mined at almost every destination along the line. Other goods were pigs, cattle, sugar (from the mill just outside Marburg) and a small amount of timber. The track was C16 standard, 21 kg per meter. The longest bridge on the line was 27 metres.

I must thanks LittleBondi for urging me on to do it :) Thanks bud

Regards,

Pat

Bondong Workshops

G, day all,

This is one of the loco's Bondonga Workshops are soon going to re - build.

C17 #967 with the Beaudesert Rail blue.

-Cheers

Spot on,Only trouble is i"m 1700kms away makes it a bit hard for me to duck in in and do a bit of research:hehe:

Went there once in the 80's and it use to be next to Boggo Road Goal

Cheers,
Patchy

You could always walk Patchy, it's only just down the road a bit if your feeling fit.

G, Day all,

@Colhad - the loco looks stunning and when will it be on DLS?.

A few from me.

With the line almost complete to Jimboomba, PB15's #738 & #444 hall a goods train to Logan Village with supplies for the workers.

-Cheers

Back