Australian screenshots

Hey, anyone? I recently downloaded Gregcash's AC16 and it won't appear, even with all the it's assets installed.

Yeah I had te same problem with Kentith45's QDR BVL Walkuraka - Toogoolawah Map 1. I installed everything. The only thing I can think of is that the file is to big for your PC. But I have plenty of room on my PC. If anyone finds out why. Do you mind telling me to because I am still on the hunt for this problem.

-Cheers

Hey, would anyone know how to fix the speed of the wheels on NSWGR locos, namely the Z17, C30, C32's, C35, D57 & D58 by victrainz. The wheels operate at at least 1.5x faster when operating in Cab Mode, yet when i put one of these loco in AI the wheels turn at the right rate, onoly the C38's work properly. And will ad602000 please update his 4 wheel nsw freight wagons!

The one on the left is Davido's not to sure about the one on the right

Currently 1am on the 1/1/2013 here in Perth on the west coast of Oz. Happy New Year! :D

Awesome pics Patchy - Davido's 38's I presume? :D

Incidentally, I've been out of Trainz for a few weeks as I was accepted into the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Alpha Test in mid December so that kind of chewed up most of my spare time. But that's over now so back into Trainzing for me! ^^

*New Year's Resolution - must post pics of my Transperth route, or there will be hell to pay.* ;)

Any chance of a few more details or even a video == its the first time I have heard of these issues

Hey, would anyone know how to fix the speed of the wheels on NSWGR locos, namely the Z17, C30, C32's, C35, D57 & D58 by victrainz. The wheels operate at at least 1.5x faster when operating in Cab Mode, yet when i put one of these loco in AI the wheels turn at the right rate, onoly the C38's work properly. And will ad602000 please update his 4 wheel nsw freight wagons!

G'day!

This is a reponse to the posts regarding Michael's content about it being useless and his misunderstanding of operating the Coffee Pot at Pichi Richi.

Michael has been travelling around the state on business as he runs his own. During of which most of the time Michael has been speaking to me regarding our old Ghan project and content for it. Michael and I are rather focused on this and intend to finish it as soon as possible and as a result, most content that Michael has been working on are small projects to make the Old Ghan Project as authentic as possible. Michael's content belongs to him, you can't just expect to rush a content creator to finish a project and upload it for your benifit. Michael will take his own time to make his content and release his content at his own time.

@patchy, Michael does not wish to present photos of himself to whom he has never spoken to, or knows very well.

Michael was unaware of the issues regarding the Coffee Pot and other steam locomotives as he has been busy working and dealing with other matters. He was not aware of the high-fire danger or the fact that Coffee Pot was non-operational at his planned visit to Pichi Richi. Michael was also rostered on NSU 52 and the Brill 75 Railmotor instead of the Steam Locomotives.

So please, don't give Michael a hard time. He's already going one.

Cheers!

Jake.

Ahem. Nuuuuuuuuuuurse.

Allow me to reply, as I know Mich personally.

Firstly, Mich does not run a business. His "Queensland Heritage Railways" is registered with an ABN, but apart from a Facebook group with three members, there is no physical premises trading under that name.

Secondly, Mich is 17 years old, and if I'm correct, still in high school. The very notion that a 17 year old would be allowed to a) spend the night in a locomotive shed at Quorn, and b) be a qualified member AT Pichi Richi with a current steam boiler and reciprocating engine ticket to light up and operate a steam locomotive - is quite simply, fanciful. Also, to drive even a diesel locomotive requires competency in that particular line's form of safeworking, as well as knowledge of the route itself.

Putting this into perspective (and before anyone runs off saying "hbl doesn't know what he's on about"), I'm nearly 20 (makes me feel old, I know). I joined QPSR THREE YEARS ago, and immediately started my training courses to become a fireman, which required me to log 200 hours working on and around the locomotive (included in that was also time spent maintaining and repairing locos as well). To get from 0 to 200 hours logged time on and around the engine at QPSR required me to spend virtually every weekend I had spare out at Box Flat for TWO YEARS. I was only qualified as a locomotive fireman in April of last year. I'm currently waiting for a course which will give me both my Basic Boiler and Reciprocating Steam tickets, then I will be qualified as an Acting Driver under Supervision.

Thirdly, this "Queenslaand Heritage Railways".

This really pisses me off, to be quite honest. The heritage groups that are ALREADY operating in QLD are starting to be short of volunteers as older members fall off the perch and there aren't enough younger members coming in, and here we are with someone else wanting to start up a seperate group with extremely fanciful plans and dreams.
an_idiot.gif

The part I have drilled and drilled and DRILLED into a few people's heads within this group that apparently hold "seats of authority" with next to no success is that the market for heritage and tourist rail in Queensland is simply not large enough to support the current groups AS IT IS, and that joining a pre-existing group and learning from the members who have already got the skills, knowledge and experience is going to be far better in the longer term. Most groups this past financial year have been down a staggering 30-40% in income. As the saying goes, "the extra straw that broke the camel's back"...

And finally...

Given all of the content Mich has been "creating", would you not think it would be prudent enough to actually RELEASE some of this stuff every, oh I don't know, once in a blue moon?

End rant.

P.S. Yes, I am aware that a fair chunk of this rant has been copied and pasted from another post of mine about this farcical affair on another forum. I couldn't be bothered to write it all out a second time. :p

P.S.S. Mich, I know you'll read this at some stage. Remember the little jaunt out to Dalby and back to supposedly have a "meeting" with the council regarding a C17, where I was playing chauffeur? Yeah, I do too. I want that fuel money you said you were going to pay me back for (totalling $50), preferably before I die.

Last edited:
Herb, looking forward to ALL of that, especially the 930's and the EL's. Will the overland be the older, maroon and silver or the all-silver ones?

Jamie

I hate to post sans-image in a screenshots thread, but vinnybarb deserves endless praise for his ongoing work - keep it up mate.

What would it take to get the DL pushed to the top of your list?

what I haven't made yet are the additional Downer EDi SCT Class type locos like the GWA and PN Classes plus other similar ones,
UGL 6000 Class variants like the SSR, ExStrata XRN Class, GWU, CF Class etc.
5000 Class (in progress, very advanced)
5020 Class (in progress, very advanced)
DL Class (in progress, very advanced)
EL Class (started)
SAR BlueBirds All (in progress, 90% finished)
SAR 900 and 930 Classes
AN Budd RDC (started)
CL Class (in progress)
ALF Class
rework of the old GM Class
Ghan/Indian Pacific/Overland coaches (upgrades of my existing TRS04 ones + new Overland)
SCT rolling stock like HiCubes, well cars, other container wagons and box cars
any other new or old diesel electrics that will tickle my fancy in future
and many more, above are not in any particular order, all (will be or are already partially) made with my usual level of details. Providing I do not run out of time.

Just so you know :wave:.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Ahem. Nuuuuuuuuuuurse.

Allow me to reply, as I know Mich personally.

Exceptional post. Let it be the last word on the subject. It's good to see someone who is willing to put the hours in on heritage work, and you should be encouraged. So many people must rock up with the idea that they can just chuck some money in the tin and "play trains" when they want. That's what Trainz is for. Real railways have safety, financial and other concerns that come before "playing trains", and people need to put in the hours to get the reward.

I recently found a fantastic tool on these forums called the "ignore list". It allows you to block the posts of people who you don't enjoy reading, and saves a lot of stress. I'd suggest people add Michael, and anyone else who annoys them to this list, and it removes the displeasure brought on from reading their posts. I've been adding people to this list quite freely, and it really does free up discussion somewhat!

I've been adding people to this list quite freely, and it really does free up discussion somewhat!
Hope ya don't have too many of us on there Trent :(, She'd be a fairly quite thread then :hehe:.
Mick.

Herb, looking forward to ALL of that, especially the 930's and the EL's. Will the overland be the older, maroon and silver or the all-silver ones?

Jamie

When I get to do these Overland coaches, initially the silver ones, after that, we'll see.

I hate to post sans-image in a screenshots thread, but vinnybarb deserves endless praise for his ongoing work - keep it up mate.

What would it take to get the DL pushed to the top of your list?

I am working presently on the 5000 and 5020 Classes, I can not see why not finishing the DL Class after these. The first one will have the current PN scheme, I contemplate doing the DL Class in the green/gold ANR and the AN orange/grey scheme as well. Are there any other schemes wanted?

Vinnybarb on my families holiday we are going to Melbourne and Dad is taking me and my brother Train chasing we are going to shot the SCT Horsham container train if you need any pics of the wagons I'm more than happy to help out.

By all means take as many pics as you can, remember we content creators need mainly full 90 degree side on pictures and close ups of any fancy bogey if these are reasonable easy to shoot. No need of taking pics of the Bettendorf, Bradken and other common wagon bogies as most likely I made any of these already. Roof shots from bridges etc. are welcome too so one can see what is on top of a locomotive, should you also take pics of any loco. Thank in advance if/when taking some pictures.

Thank you all for the kind comments, that is the reward a content creator seeks when seeing his/her created content is well received and/or shown in screenshots here. Later, mid morning I am off to Adelaide for a few days, so I might not lurk around here for some days.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Hey Vinny,

I wouldn't mind seeing the DL in the old National Rail liveries of Charcoal Grey and Orange and also the Light Grey and Orange 'Arrow' scheme. Give us a shout if you need photos and I'll get them to you when I get home! :)

Back