Australian screenshots

SAR P Class

Hello Everyone,

Just some screenshots of my SAR P class undergoing testing at Forest's brillaint Melton Valley. I am doing what the P class is best remembered doing, shunting on the docks at Port Adelaide, Mile End yards and Port Augusta.
trainz89_20121030_0003.jpg

trainz89_20121030_0004.jpg

trainz89_20121030_0006.jpg

trainz89_20121030_0007.jpg

Motorists getting annoyed with the long line of wagons passing at a slow pace over the level crossing
trainz89_20121030_0008.jpg

trainz89_20121030_0009.jpg

trainz89_20121030_0010.jpg

trainz89_20121030_0011.jpg

trainz89_20121030_0013.jpg

With Regards,
Michael Gitsham
Queensland Heritage Railways Limited

Hi All,
Just a few more of Newstead Branch

8149191325_5dbcccf66f_b.jpg

Looking towards the woolstores

8149221964_c62c7562e9_b.jpg

Wills Gilchrist & Sandersons

8149194935_6542fb75b8_b.jpg

Newsead wharf
8149223522_efb203dca2_b.jpg

Newstead Again

8149197019_bdf1e86352_b.jpg

Passing Brisbane Gas Company

Cheers,
Patchy

Looking great Patchy, where'd you get your old fashioned ship from? This is a must-download for me when done

Jamie

Some continuing exellent work guys.
I've recently returned home after heart surgery, & am finding that CM does not update to show me the latest downloads available on the DLS. I have searched the forums but so far not found out why.
My laptop is running TS2010 nicely, but the CM shows on the 'download Station' tab the latest item available is Saturday 20th October!.

I note currently the latest on the DLS shows to the 2nd November at least.

Why is there such a delay in CM being updayed?, or am I doing something wrong?.

Apologies to posting this here, but I suspect you learned gentry & ladies will instincively know the answer to my dilema (Please). :)

Really good work there patchy. Love the nice shot of the QLX (4th pic). What are the red looking wagons in the second pic please ? Looks like the shunt enthusiasts will love this one
Regards
Glen

Hi Glen,
They are VR QR Wagon kuid 63971:15935
And yes there should be many hours of shunting with this one

Cheers,
Patchy

Some continuing exellent work guys.
I've recently returned home after heart surgery, & am finding that CM does not update to show me the latest downloads available on the DLS. I have searched the forums but so far not found out why.
My laptop is running TS2010 nicely, but the CM shows on the 'download Station' tab the latest item available is Saturday 20th October!.

I note currently the latest on the DLS shows to the 2nd November at least.

Why is there such a delay in CM being updayed?, or am I doing something wrong?.

Apologies to posting this here, but I suspect you learned gentry & ladies will instincively know the answer to my dilema (Please). :)

Hi Noel, I hope you are getting better after your heart troubles.

I suspect as there has been some reworking done of the DLS (white pages etc.) that not all is running smoothly with it yet. Not knowing if this is indeed so, I just offer a suggestion. I usually d/load via FTP when it works (off and on) as CM does not work for me, stalling quarter to half way after d/load is starting, not finding dependencies etc., so I do not bother with CM anymore.

Take care mate.

Herbert

Hi Noel, I hope you are getting better after your heart troubles.

I suspect as there has been some reworking done of the DLS (white pages etc.) that not all is running smoothly with it yet. Not knowing if this is indeed so, I just offer a suggestion. I usually d/load via FTP when it works (off and on) as CM does not work for me, stalling quarter to half way after d/load is starting, not finding dependencies etc., so I do not bother with CM anymore.

Take care mate.

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

Thank goodness I found the drag corner (bottom-right) on this window!.
I suspected something was not right with the current DLS/CM arrangements. Haven't been in contact with anyone for ages (including Craig; Seeseeme), so many thanks for your response & advice re-above.
Before my heart valve problem I'd been coming to grips (but could also be spelt "gripes" with using CM, & wasn't having any really bad problems there.
But now CM only shows me up until 20th October, yet the DLS shows up until 3rd November. I've tried logging off/deleting my user name & password (in CM settings), but might try deleting same at Auran website, saving then re-entering again??.

Is it Port Augusta that you live, or further north Herbert?. Sorry I forget.

Take care,

3 old Queenslanders just uploaded to DLS for TC3. Around 800 polys and 1000 polys for the double gable house. These don't have night mode.
a0fa7b3fafb13563d8323b5bb99d83c7.jpg

d7a4d486cc879a534c4b126510468b3a.jpg

Hi All,

Been awhile since I posted some shots.

SCT Loco shunts some loaded ASBY wagons into a siding

2 more SCT loco's arrive with some loaded containers which will be hooked up to rear of the train.

Prepares to depart Lismore Yard for Acacia Ridge

Cheers Harry
Sorry to dig up an old post, but, Harry, may I ask what's the white SCT building in the background called?

Cheers,
Luke :)

Snip....Hi Herbert,
Is it Port Augusta that you live, or further north Herbert?. Sorry I forget.

Take care,

No, Peterborough, or Petersburg as it was known before the 1st WW, some 130 km east of Pt.Augusta, near the Barrier Highway to Broken Hill. Jamestown, Orroroo, Gladstone, Terowie are around 50-70 km in a circle from Peterborough, one of the few places in Oz with 3 different rail gauges still on the ground around my place. Also boasting the largest roundhouse in the Southern Hemisphere. All are not used anymore since Steam left Peterborough. Population used to be around the 8000 people mark in its hay days, now with me and my brother living here, only some 2000 people left. (Don't know if the others left because I moved here). There used to be a big bogie exchange and steam maintenance around here but diesels and rail standardization killed that all. Terowie, some 17 km east from here used to be very big in the olden days and is also famous when General Mc Arthur's train stopped there briefly after having to leave the Philippines during WW II and where he made his famous speech: "I shall return".

Now there is a bit of history from my neck of the woods.

Take care mate.

Herbert

@Patchy, I am just about to release a QR H Wagon, QR F Wagon along with other QR Goods & Rollingstock. If your interested.

Cheers
Michael

Hi Glen,
They are VR QR Wagon kuid 63971:15935
And yes there should be many hours of shunting with this one

Cheers,
Patchy

3 old Queenslanders just uploaded to DLS for TC3. Around 800 polys and 1000 polys for the double gable house. These don't have night mode.

Amazing! These will be a must for any Qld layout. Great work. :) Well I'm not sure if it's just me or if other route builders can relate, but today I reached a milestone in my layout. I managed to lay trackside fence the entire length beside the permanent way. May not sound like much but plenty of hours put into it. Too much in my opinion :hehe:

Winelander rolls into Stanthorpe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

- Kent

Last edited:
Back