Australian screenshots

nswgr46class20120921000.jpg

Snip....
Also thanks to all the creators for all the the content as of late still having issues downloading vinnybarbs content thou.....Unsnip

Which content of mine are you having problems with? Is it some locomotives or is it some of my old TRS04 content?

VinnyBarb

Hi guys

I have import these into 3ds max from invertor . Looks realistic this is 37,442 poly :D I'm not sure how to export for trainz from 3ds max pls help... Still learning lol.....

Cheers
Jason

As said above how to export but over 37 k polygons for a simple handrail? Some of my very detailed locomotives have less than that. I know you are learning, why not use a seven to nine sided pipe and apply "smooth" to it but not the "super smooth" or whatever this is called, which is in the later versions of 3DS Max. That will really blow out its polygon size.

*Edit: Seeing you are using 3DS Max 2013 there, AFAIK there are no exporters for this newest version yet. Must have set you back a bundle I guess :eek:.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Last edited:

DD 588 sits in the back platform at Lilydale with the evening service to Warburton.

A short while later, the DD works it's way under the Anderson Street bridge, just outside of Lilydale.

Having crossed over the Maroondah Highway bridge, the DD works it's way through the hills towards Mount Evelyn.

Zec

thanks marty
i will love that garratt when i use it on the via recta route
cheers
ron

NP Ron,

Even though it's in my interest to bring Mark's content up to TS09 standards and beyond, I would recommend that he receives the glory for his past creations! I should also thank those of you who have helped me in return, to help out our old mate dreddman.

Hmmm, guess it works both ways lol.

Cheers,

Marty

As said above how to export but over 37 k polygons for a simple handrail? Some of my very detailed locomotives have less than that. I know you are learning, why not use a seven to nine sided pipe and apply "smooth" to it but not the "super smooth" or whatever this is called, which is in the later versions of 3DS Max. That will really blow out its polygon size.

*Edit: Seeing you are using 3DS Max 2013 there, AFAIK there are no exporters for this newest version yet. Must have set you back a bundle I guess :eek:.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Export from Inventor to 3dsmax. I can change to seven or nine sides pipe in 3ds max. it's called Visual style - shade smooth modelling in Inventor that's how I use super smooth to show off lol. Inventor is powful tools and really easy to using I used to learnt at tafe CAD course 5 years ago I'm boildermaker/welder trades. I made these at work and copy it 2 weeks ago anyway...

I'm waiting for Media:MaxExportersTS12 plugins for Max 2013 to released...

Cheers

Last edited:
Cheers for that Marty, she will be a crowd pleaser :D

Speaking of the QR Beyers, I am currently in the process of making a Garratt Watergins - GWW and WW class. Aswell I am currently explroring my options of doing a Beyer Garratt myself - once I complete all my current projects. I have the original drawings at home along with an awesome book - The Crimson Garratts by ARHS Qld.

So as I write this; watch this space carefully.

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham
QHR Commissioner Of Railways

QR Garratt

thanks Marty
Mark has already received my thanks when he first released it.
it's a pity he moved so far away

does anybody have exact station placements for the Boonah line?

i am having extreme difficulty in figuring out where the stations go after Hoya.
i have a schematic diagram looking down, but that doesn't always help

can't wait to see your goodies Michael

thank
ron

G'day!

I guess you could kinda relate this to Australian Screenshots:
tasrailzcclass-wip_zps499015b7.png

My first attempt at a reskin with a lot of help from trainz89. So thanks for that Mike!

Cheers!

Jake.

Locos

Which content of mine are you having problems with? Is it some locomotives or is it some of my old TRS04 content?

VinnyBarb
I think its a problem with the dls some content downloads with no problem some does not i got your clps and an's on a hard drive which i got ages ago i tried to down load them again its the same as your newer locos like the sct ldp they start to download at hundred mile an hour then they stall and will not go any more there the only locos i cannot have a play with the same thing happens with a few routes like the north coast line and lines to lachlen they use to down load but dont anymore .

I think its a problem with the dls some content downloads with no problem some does not i got your clps and an's on a hard drive which i got ages ago i tried to down load them again its the same as your newer locos like the sct ldp they start to download at hundred mile an hour then they stall and will not go any more there the only locos i cannot have a play with the same thing happens with a few routes like the north coast line and lines to lachlen they use to down load but dont anymore .

Hi alco,

Just curious, do you experience slow speeds through CMP or via the DLS tab above ?

On a side note; QR Beyer Garratt has been modified & is awaiting approval!

Marty

Not quite sure if I ever posted these, but seening as I have no Trainz computer for at least another 2 days...

Victorian Railways Narrow Gauge
Wheris13.jpg

Wheris14.jpg

Wheris5.jpg

Wheris16.jpg

VRWheris.jpg

Cheers
Tim

teviotville station area

hi
this is what i have been able to do sofar with Teviotville station area.

are there any dirtbank cuttings made up?
are there any smaller active stations and goods sheds that i can use with QR?
the black dls only shows me what i have.
any better suggestions?

thanks
ron

hi
this is what i have been able to do sofar with Teviotville station area.thanks Ron

Hi Ron, I assume you plan for the cream shed to be on the platform itself to load onto passing trains, not on that siding on the end of the platform. Some places had the cream section of the passenger platform built up to wagon floor height to allow easier handling.

Cheers
Peter

Wishes For A Good Day

Hello Everyone,

I want to wish the most warmest happy birthday to my best mate; Jake Druery - QHRTrainz. All the lads at Queensland Heritage Railways think your such a top bloke, and I hope you have an awesome day. I got some b'day goodies comming your way tonight :cool:

Cheers

Michael Gitsham
Chief Executive Officer
Queensland Heritage Railways

Happy Birthday to QHRTrainz!;)

Back