Australian screenshots

It's still the most realistic Australian route i've come across :)

Only thing outdated are the signs and signals.
It's a great route to learn from on how to do the ground texturing

Type in Branch Line 2c and you'll see it. Download the 6.8mb of Australian goodness and you'll be amazed at how realistic the layout is.

Let us know what you think of it once you've tried it :p

Hmm. It doesn't show for me. Do I need a '1stClassTicket' to find it?

What's the KUID?

Edit: I found it in the DLS, but I use CMP to download since I acquired TRS2006, and BL2C doesn't show up (probably because it's TRS SP3)

Last edited:
Natvander, part of the interest MAY be those folks new to Trainz who look at your screenies and your layout included in TRS06 and think 'man, I can't do that'. I think some people need to see your earlier work to realise that it's just a lot of practise.

Hopefully I can have my route ready for release eventually, so far the standard is acceptable to me. I should post more screenies, but I haven't done any whole areas yet in the new bit :p.

Natvander, part of the interest MAY be those folks new to Trainz who look at your screenies and your layout included in TRS06 and think 'man, I can't do that'. I think some people need to see your earlier work to realise that it's just a lot of practise.

Hopefully I can have my route ready for release eventually, so far the standard is acceptable to me. I should post more screenies, but I haven't done any whole areas yet in the new bit :p.

Comment was made tongue in cheek (however I am highly critical of the route's creator).

I still think one of my best routes was my first one (and I'll leave you to figure out which one that is).

You have other routes Nat??
Please upload them for us!!

You didn't use the *realistic* type of texturing in the wadalbavale route in TRS2004. You must've had a deadline to produce that layout and didn't have time to make it as realistic as branch line 2c? :confused:

Last edited:
For those who like 'Branch Line 2C', I have been working on upgrading it to TRS2006 (not TRS04) and it will go by the name of 'Cowarie Branch' or something to that effect. Here are some screenies (that I have posted before) for those who are interested. Both are at Woroona, where I was testing some techniques for using Boobless_Ed's new trees.

401-5906-woroona.jpg

5906-woroona.jpg

I still have to do a fair bit, but it is fairly close to being done. The biggest job is going to be upgrading the gum trees to boobless_ed's trees, although I may skimp out and just do an overall replace with a tree that is fairly close to the Auran ones.
Zec

Wow nice shots there Zec! Be sure to upgrade all the signals and speed limit signs too!
I see you've retained nat's technique in ground textures and realistic use of grass, same rails etc.
This is great! So the layout will look all smooth and flowing nicely, instead of having nat's layout then a completely different layout texture later on.

Post more pics zec! Please! :)

Last edited:
Remember, this is just an update. I have replaced as much of the older content with suitable content, or as close as possible. Only one station is giving me trouble, that being Woroona (The station being on a bend). I will probably leave it as is for the moment, and update when I do find a better station. All trackwork and trackside object are updated though, as are all the station (Woroona now has an AJS station to add passengers to it). However, as above, tree conversions are not yet finished. Oh yes, and I may put the more modern signals in place at the siding at the south end just before the south 'terminus'. I have placed portals in as well :)
Zec

(snip) ...
Let us know what you think of it once you've tried it ...

Ok. Hopefully Natvander wont take this to heart, especially as he himself said that it is very outdated.

1. All of the turn-outs/points and disgustingly tight.
2. Very few of the ground textures have been rotated.
3. The gradients are very steep and short between change, even for a branchline. (There are sections that change from 1in20 incline to 1in15 decline all within the same screen length - 500m to 1000m)
4. All of the fences have had their spline points cut which make them look very "WIN95 8bit" style.

But everyone has to start somewhere. And I know that in saying that, Natvander has learned these points along his time with Trainz, and the results show in his latest layouts.

I would really love to see Mulliebuck and Natvander work on a layout together. So far out of all the Australian themed layouts out there, these 2 gentlemen are setting the standard.

Natvander: Just downloaded a candy SRA FS coach - I think it's yours - titled 'Trial Version' in full 3d map with working windows. Do you have a brake van to go with this coach as of yet? I already have the solid sided set of SFS cars with the MHO, but I would really love to see a quality update.

To S301

Is It In Standed Or Broad Guage:confused: .
Sorry Im Still To Young To Tell The Difference Of Sizes.

Ok. Hopefully Natvander wont take this to heart, especially as he himself said that it is very outdated.

1. All of the turn-outs/points and disgustingly tight.
2. Very few of the ground textures have been rotated.
3. The gradients are very steep and short between change, even for a branchline. (There are sections that change from 1in20 incline to 1in15 decline all within the same screen length - 500m to 1000m)
4. All of the fences have had their spline points cut which make them look very "WIN95 8bit" style.

But everyone has to start somewhere. And I know that in saying that, Natvander has learned these points along his time with Trainz, and the results show in his latest layouts.

I would really love to see Mulliebuck and Natvander work on a layout together. So far out of all the Australian themed layouts out there, these 2 gentlemen are setting the standard.

Natvander: Just downloaded a candy SRA FS coach - I think it's yours - titled 'Trial Version' in full 3d map with working windows. Do you have a brake van to go with this coach as of yet? I already have the solid sided set of SFS cars with the MHO, but I would really love to see a quality update.

@ JAMEZ001
  1. Mind showing me a picture of one such "disgustingly" tight turnout???
  2. Does it matter if they were rotated or not IT LOOKS REALISITC
  3. Those kinds of grades are realistic for NSW, if you want feel free to come to Orange East forks and you will see what I mean...
@ 0099

Branchline2c is standard gauge and don't worry it isn't that easy to tell if a track is standard or broad gauge from just looking...

Tom
________
Mazda MXR-01

Last edited:
Mind showing me a picture of one such "disgustingly" tight turnout???

Example A: Cowarie Yard
example1ig3.png

Example B: Th exact same junction, but in a realistic degree.
example2jk6.png

If you doubt me, go fly over your local yards in a helicopter. You will be amazed at how much room a set of loop points take up.

Does it matter if they were rotated or not IT LOOKS REALISITC

Perhaps the CMP/DLS is missing dependencies. I do get a warning each time I load most user created maps. But from what I'm seeing, you need to zoom out a long way before the blend looks tollerable. Also all of the ground textures are at maximum scale, so they are blurry - even at the best of times.

Those kinds of grades are realistic for NSW, if you want feel free to come to Orange East forks and you will see what I mean...

Those kinds of grades are very boarder lined when you start changing from a 1in20 climb to a 1in15 descent within 1km of track - the only time you should ever attempt something of that nature is in tunnels that are 'behind the scenes'.

1in40 is about the steepest that should be used on any main line (Example: Cowan Bank), and 1in25 for branch lines. There are only very few areas left in NSW that trains regularly run on anything more steep than 1in25 grades, and I doubt anything near Orange would be any steeper than 1in50.

Last edited:
@ JAMEZ001
  1. Mind showing me a picture of one such "disgustingly" tight turnout???
  2. Does it matter if they were rotated or not IT LOOKS REALISITC
  3. Those kinds of grades are realistic for NSW, if you want feel free to come to Orange East forks and you will see what I mean...

I'm 100% with Flathog on this one. James are you for real mate?
vogel.gif

"disgustingly" tight? What's that supposed to mean? You need photos and some solid proof here my friend. Show us a photo of what you are talking about because I totally disagree.
I'd love to see you do a better layout than branch line 2c. I have yet to see a better textured layout in the whole 5 years of being in the trainz community.
James, i'm pretty sure you're the only one who thinks these things about the quality of this layout. Look at the detail put into the scenery. Even over the mountains there are creeks and road works etc. that you can't even see from trackside. Hardly anything was left out in this layout.

EDIT: Those yards that Nat created closely follow protoypical NSW branch line yards. The yards you posted look like they are from a mainline scene or a rather big yard. Not a branchline terminal or siding. You need to hop into your helicopter and fly over some NSW branch lines.

Last edited:
Can you tell me where I used 1:20 and 1:15??

I think you'll find there are many points close to as tight as those prototypically, especially those that have not been upgraded to modern standards (wouldn't say mine are ridiculous). I totally admit that the track spacing is all wrong (much too wide), however the route was created when SP1 on the first edition was just released, and track spacing was as per the in game standards back then - 4m. Much has been learnt in the following years.

Take this for example...

glen_innes01.jpg

(from nswrail.net)

Last edited:
Well considering I live in orange I can tell you now the leg that leads to Parkes etc... has some VERY eratic hills DIRECTLY after the fork.

Tom
________
Consorte

Last edited:
Can you tell me where I used 1:20 and 1:15??

The long straight just out of Cowarie.

I think you'll find there are many points close to as tight as those prototypically, especially those that have not been upgraded to modern standards (wouldn't say mine are ridiculous). I totally admit that the track spacing is all wrong (much too wide), however the route was created when SP1 on the first edition was just released, and track spacing was as per the in game standards back then - 4m. Much has been learnt in the following years... (snip)

I totally agree with you, Natvander. I admire your work, and the layout of 2C is very prototypical. What you just said is pretty much was I was saying to those who are comparing 2C to the modern styles.

Branchline 2C is a very good layout - by SP1 standards. ;)

This Is A Nice Change.
Usually im the one everyone is hateing cause of something i said ( no offence ):D

Guys Your Getting Way Off The Topic Of Posting Great Ozzie Pics:p

I don't know why everyone is getting uptight about it. :eek:

I was asked what I thought about it, so I said what I thought. Why is my opinion - of what I class as being prototypical - wrong. It was only an opinion based of what I know and have seen.

I don't think that it is my fault that I am disappointed with the quality. I've been lucky enough to be introduced to Trainz only very recently, so I've never been around to see the early days.

Anyway. I'm more than happy to modify 2C to my preferences and enjoy it that way. It's a good layout design that (in my opinion) could do with a little titivating.

Here's a screeny of my current WIP based on the Kangaroo Valley scenery styling between Mittagong and Nowra.
clipboard02xj8.png

Seeing that screenshot, I think i'm your friend again james :D

No, but seriously. The way you put it like "disgusting" etc. was not nice. That was rude. And it's not disgusting as mainy NSW branch lines have tight yards like the way it is in branch line 2c.

So make up for it and post more screenies eh?

Back