Australian screenshots

nswgr46class20120820000.jpg

DD 586 rolls into Boolarra with a short goods.

Whilst the van goods is attended to, the loco sits patiently near the end of the yard.

Having departed Boolarra, we see DD 586 working it's way through the countryside.

Zec

Nice work Zec now stop stirring and get it out there LOL..... I Looking forward to purchasing my first steam Engine.
Cheers Mick.:p

underground stuff

A few years ago a german guy built a very impressive underground system stations and all, dont remember the name of it but perhaps if you asked the question in the german forum

cheers
pete

I think I know what you're talking about Pete, the UGleis System, which is on the DLS, however can't even fit Melbourne Suburban stuff, let alone double-decker Sydney-sider-stuff

Jamie

Hi Pete,

Love the newer 38's! I really like the new sounds you've added to them except they seem to have spent to much time around the Standard Goods engines! :)
For some reason, the 38 class whistle has been replaced by a Standard Goods engine whistle!!

The whistle had to be changed due to the older one not working TS12

Hi Pete,

Love the newer 38's! I really like the new sounds you've added to them except they seem to have spent to much time around the Standard Goods engines! :)
For some reason, the 38 class whistle has been replaced by a Standard Goods engine whistle!!

Some of them were coded as TS12 only content so with out a registered copy of TS12 you would be unable to download or install

Doh! I had a feeling that might have been the cause - incorrect build number for the version I have - but I was just in denial. Ah well.

Thanks for the info - I guess now I have added incentive to upgrade to 2012! (once I upgrade my junky computer to run it of course). ;)

IF it runs 10 ok there should be no problem with TS12
Doh! I had a feeling that might have been the cause - incorrect build number for the version I have - but I was just in denial. Ah well.

Thanks for the info - I guess now I have added incentive to upgrade to 2012! (once I upgrade my junky computer to run it of course). ;)

Western Australian Trainz

Hello Everyone,

If anyone is interested in modelling West Australian Railways in trainz, I have found somethings that might be some use to you.

I was searching through my recently bought back copies of the Australian Model Railway Magazine which date from 2005 right back to 1972 which I got for free at the Nambour Swap Meet. I have found every issue in the series detailing some fancinating models and prototypes.

In a couple of issues, it details the many WAGR Steam Locomotives from the mighty S class down to the dinky G class which includes drawings photos of componets and misc details. The same goes for their carriage stock.

But the centrepiece is that, I have a complete profile on the Westrail stock, including the mighty Westrail P Class.

So if anyone is interested in acquiring these resources, please PM or email me, and I shall forward them. :D

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham
QHR Commissioner Of Railways [Qld]

Nice to know - I owned a number of AMRM issues with some of those articles in question, but sadly I've since lost most of them to having to hurriedly move house a few years back. Most of the WAGR articles in AMRM have been made by the various members of the AMRA WA Division's Sn3.5 scale Special Interest Group (informally known by the group as 'Railwest'), particularly Graham Watson, Andrew May and many others, many of whom I've met in real life at AMRA meetings or at local railfan events like the annual Perth Model Train Show.

If you're interested Michael, there are also numerous publications which also detail the former WA government system and it's unique collection of motive power and rollingstock. In particular, two publications regarded as the 'bibles' of WAGR prototype (both with similar titles) which I own copies of are Adrian Gunzberg's A History of WAGR Steam Locomotives (sadly long out of print and hence very hard to find), and the more recent and still in publication A History of WAGR Passenger Carriages by Andrew May and Bill Gray. Of course there are many other miscellaneous publications too, mostly published by the ARHS WA Division, but these two books are the two main sources of WAGR prototype info around.

Anyway, I admit I would definitely be interested in these AMRM articles Michael, being the WA gunzel that I am. Thanks for letting us know about this. ;)

Hello Everyone, If anyone is interested in modelling West Australian Railways in trainz, I have found somethings that might be some use to you.

I was searching through my recently bought back copies of the Australian Model Railway Magazine which date from 2005 right back to 1972 which I got for free at the Nambour Swap Meet. I have found every issue in the series detailing some fancinating models and prototypes. So if anyone is interested in acquiring these resources, please PM or email me, and I shall forward them. :D Michael Gitsham

Wonderful news indeed as those magazines also cover every other state and territory in Australia eg AMRM P.40/41 October 1987 has the NSW passenger car listings 1926 - 1986. I assume the offer of these resources extends to material from all states and territories, not just WA?

All folks need is the index, part of which is http://www.australianmodelrailways.com/amframe.html

There was another index around on the Internet somewhere else as well.

Thanks you Michael for your very kind offer, as that magazine series is a real goldmine!

@Petan,

I don't just have WA; I got details on Tasmanian Government Railways; South Australian Railways, Commonwealth Railways - Alot Of Rare Queensland Railways Profiles.

All come with photograghs, notes and original drawings.

@Enikidoh, I am considering creating some of the former WAGR passenger stock and a WAGR steam locomotive of my choice - that will be a suprise :p
But, if you could provide me with some more detailed diagrams of the locomotives as the AMRA is very brief. I smell a W class comming on....
Regards
Michael Gitsham

Last edited:
@Petan,

I don't just have WA; I got details on Tasmanian Government Railways; South Australian Railways, Commonwealth Railways - Alot Of Rare Queensland Railways Profiles.
All come with photograghs, notes and original drawings. Regards Michael Gitsham

Thanks Michael and we assume NSW and Victorian material is also included as well as the other states you listed above?

Yes, there is a wealth of information on the various NSW & Victorian Railway Systems - also the various private railways.

I got a profile on the Richmond Valley Railway ROD class and South Maitland 10 class, much more on that.....
Thanks Michael and we assume NSW and Victorian material is also included as well as the other states you listed above?

Back