Australian screenshots

My turn...

My QR route is coming along well. I've added couple more boards to allow for a livestock yard and town. Dawson is the 4th town on the route, a cattle train has to go to Alva first. A loco will be waiting there to take the train to the meatworks.

2122F heads a cattle train out of Dawson, bound for Alva.

QR08.jpg

QR07.jpg

QR09.jpg

QR10.jpg

QR11.jpg

QR12.jpg

QR13.jpg

The town of Alva.

QR14.jpg

QR15.jpg

QR16.jpg

more next page...

couple of 1502s waiting at Alva fruit siding....

QR17.jpg

Alva station....

QR18.jpg

QR19.jpg

QR20.jpg

I will post some more soon, there are some areas I want to show including the swamplands.

Wadalbavale is correct. The powers-that-be (i.e. me) decided that as it is no longer a terminal station, it needed a new yard to reflect its new status. It also needs to handle longer trains and an increase in both passenger and freight so the yard has been expanded to reflect this.

Is this layout available to be downloaded.. i just want an Australian Themed Layout, prefer City Rail NSW, but this one is by far the best i have EVER! seen..

Bizzy.

Hi all,

Have been busy with the Petrie to Caboolture section and my dalby map.

I would post some screenies, but they all seem to come out a bit less colorful and makes all the trees look like theyre covered in snow........

Colhad, is that 1502 class on the DLS?

And also, any news on Dreddmans loco's yet, I cant wait!

Brilliant stuff I remember being stunned by the Tarrana-Oberon layout when I got UTC. These pictures have reminded me of "wow" feeling.

Dawson passengers waiting on the platform better hope they are upwind of the cattle yard! :eek:

Hi all,

Have been busy with the Petrie to Caboolture section and my dalby map.

I would post some screenies, but they all seem to come out a bit less colorful and makes all the trees look like theyre covered in snow........

Colhad, is that 1502 class on the DLS?

And also, any news on Dreddmans loco's yet, I cant wait!

The 1502 class is available from here http://www.pikkarail.com/index1.htm

Pikka also has 1460 class and SX wagons. All these are available as donationware.

Brilliant stuff I remember being stunned by the Tarrana-Oberon layout when I got UTC. These pictures have reminded me of "wow" feeling.

Dawson passengers waiting on the platform better hope they are upwind of the cattle yard! :eek:

Yeh, I sort of thought about that when I started making the town. A cattle yard near a town. I thought, well bugger it, it's a fictional route I'll just go ahead with it.

The one at Dinmore on the Ipswich line is fairly close to a town.

My upcoming release either later this year or early next year:
shortvale.jpg

Starting in 2006 as Valley Coal, alot of Kms of track have been added and the scope of the layout increased to include petrol trains, coal trains, wheat trains, steel trains and intermodal trains, but if these long haulers don't suit your needs you will be able to take part in other driving activities such as comandeering 80 Class to bank engines over the ranges, or shunt the yards model off real life areas wuch as Carrington, Morandoo, Koorangang and Werris Creek utilising the venerable 48 Class. This route aspires to give you the feel of the trains based around Newcastle, with the exception of being semi fictional.

Last edited:
Back