steve123201204210005.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-21

steve123201204210004az.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-21
Wonderbyne
steve

steve123201204210005.jpg

Wonderbyne steve

Car shunters were a bit slack giving you that freight guard's van instead of a more flash passenger one.... If I was you I would have had a word with the car examiners before departure and have them find some fault and fail it :eek: See steve, someone did admire your work and find that little bug you put in on purpose to see if people really did examine your efforts :hehe:

@steve123, what layout is that? also can you tell me the name of the car set and who the author is? seems a shame not to have the appropriate van for it.

she turned out alright, hey bear.

cheers
pete

Last edited:
The route is my Sydney to Gosford route and the cars are NSWGR SBN, FSN and they appear to be yours ad602000 and now i just noticed the notice you have about reskin sorry i didn't see it before,
i will remove the pictures within the a hour
steve

Last edited:
Car shunters were a bit slack giving you that freight guard's van instead of a more flash passenger one.... If I was you I would have had a word with the car examiners before departure and have them find some fault and fail it :eek: See steve, someone did admire your work and find that little bug you put in on purpose to see if people really did examine your efforts :hehe:

Steve, just stick an MHO passenger van, any colour scheme, on it instead. No doubt some passenger sets did use a freight van if the other was faulty. Lots of unusual things in real life. Also lots of mixed colour schemes on the same train in real life.

You also noted; the cars are NSWGR SBN, FSN.
SBN cars are "N" set steel cars and were built to run with combined guards and passenger end cars called terminal cars by some people, such as HFN with 68 seats plus guard's section or HN which had 52 seats plus guards section. From "Railway Digest" [ARHSnsw] July 1976. So maybe just use any terminal car [combined passenger and guards compartment] for the guard.

I had assumed you stuck the freight van in on purpose to see who was awake, which is why I wrote my earlier bit.

Cheers
Peter C

can someone tell me how to delete pictures please
Petan i just put together what i like at the time, to me it makes no difference if it was apart of the original or not.
steve

That she did mate - Really should finish the 80 class and the parcel van but she keeps call me to play with her

@steve123, what layout is that? also can you tell me the name of the car set and who the author is? seems a shame not to have the appropriate van for it.

she turned out alright, hey bear.

cheers
pete

The route is my Sydney to Gosford route and the cars are NSWGR SBN, FSN and they appear to be yours ad602000 and now i just noticed the notice you have about reskin sorry i didn't see it before,
i will remove the pictures within the a hour
steve
Steve think you ok with those there pre the date Peter decied to put the no reskin - screen shot rule in place - as far as i know it only applies to the new stuff we are spitting out with the "cowra loco" id on it

can someone tell me how to delete pictures please steve

Hi Steve, just use the edit function and replace or remove the text or image URL as desired, then hit the save button. But I see Bearcat has suggested you have no need to remove that image.

Steve, your images had high visual quality so I stopped and examined the features such as landscape and rolling stock, which is a complement to your skills :)

Cheers
Peter C

Steve you are fine with those, I dont even remember doing those, must have been a while ago. What colour scheme were they originally?

2210, 2203, 848 and GM42 form an eyecatching combination with 8982 loaded Manildra Group flour train. They struggled a bit on the grade out of Linton, but once the curves eased out, they ate the grade up nicely. Needless to say, the "trial" I ran with three 81 Class the day before had far less troubles!
Raichase_20120422_0000.jpg

Raichase_20120422_0001.jpg

Raichase_20120422_0002.jpg

Raichase_20120422_0003.jpg

Raichase_20120422_0005.jpg

Raichase_20120422_0006.jpg

Raichase_20120422_0007.jpg

Raichase_20120422_0008.jpg

Raichase_20120422_0009.jpg

More Parcel Van
This pack contains
a Blue PTC era one
a Candy one
a Yellow one as uesd for yard shunting when I think there were two named Burt and Erine
think there was also one in green colour call the Green Frog but so far have seen no photographic proof

Hope to do the blue spot livery to round out the Parcel Vans -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/j5o0gb

Last edited:
Here is the original

steve123201204220015.jpg

Shot at 2012-04-21
steve123201204220016.jpg

steve

I spy a 59 class steamer on a passenger run with a passenger style guards van on the tail :D After that, my eyes than wondered over the rest of the scene and found more items to also please my eye :udrool:

A bit more about the guards vans on loco hauled passenger trains; longer distance passenger trains to the far regions had guards vans to carry the mail, parcels and other small freight as well as passengers' luggage. If the country train was not going too far than maybe no separate guards van as the mail and parcels were not that much on that train and passengers' luggage would fit in the guards compartment built as a separate section in the end passenger car. Maybe these terminal cars would be at each end of the normal car sets so no need for shunting of guards carriage at the end of a run to say the NSW South Coast or Newcastle etc. That would help speed up the return of that car set to Sydney on its next run and save shunting at the dead end platforms at Sydney. Some of these car sets would do multiple runs a day to these near country destinations, which is why there was not a big pile of mail or parcels on each trip as multiple trips spread the load.

Of course there were always some trains that did not follow that pattern, eg some silver single deck electrics [U boat sets] towed a normal passenger train type “EHO” guards vans full of parcels and luggage as noted by Bearcat245 the other day.

Last edited:
Back