Australian screenshots

Thanks for the feed back Bob

1) the shadow mesh is a feature to try and give some depth to the bottom of the loco and hide the often lack of full detail and cut down he openness of the 3D model, but the concept works better in older versions and not so much as well in TS12.

2) is the coupling issue only with the blue fc 85 or all 85 class locos, each sparky loco colour is its own mesh and not just a reskin.

Intresting that you have coupled an 85 to an 86 - while they could be mu'ed with each other in theory, I have never seen it in pratice it was more common to keep them in class sets or if coupled together not mu'ed but run with a diffrent crews controlling locos of the same class.

To Bearcat245
Regarding the 85 & 86 NSWGR Electric Locos, they are excellent for NSW layouts, but have two problems in TS12 as can be seen in the screenshots.
1) Except for the FC 85 all other 85's and the 86 from the DLS and the pack, there is a translucent shadow like shroud covering form cow catcher to cowcatcher over bogie area.
2) The FC 85, the couplers dont attach but they do when attached with an 86.

bobander201204160001.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bobander201204160000.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bobander201204050000.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks to Imageshack

Bob

Last edited:
Nice screenshots everyone!

I've caught up on work on the CQGY, did my first import into trainz, still a bit of work to do on the mesh and texturing but nearly there. :eek:

cqgytrainz.jpg

Cheers, :)

Matt

post 20,000, congrats to the lot of us that have got us this far, lets have another good 10,000 and celebrate again at 30,000 :)

Patchy, those shots are fantastic. Super realistic, especially with the way the road dips down towards the crossing then up again over the hills. I love it mate.
Beautiful stuff.

Steve, that's an awesome screenshot with the U-boat.
Very eye-catching.

The old WoyWoy Meat Works as the U Boat heads north to WoyWoy station

Shot at 2012-04-20
Love the Shot
Couple of questions being way north of the border
Why do they call it a u-boat
Had a book many many years ago with a photo of the stainless set, it was called The Fish and i think another one was called The Chips,obviously there would be a reason for this
I may be wrong such a long time ago

Cheers,
Patchy

They became known as the U BOATS due to the lettering on their target plates.

The first official regular service with the new cars was the Blue Mountains business service known as “The Fish” on the 15th September 1958 operating as a nine car set which was later increased to a ten car consist. The standard NSW practice for the period was to operate four car sets made up of power car, trailer car, trailer car, power car and eight car sets comprised two four car sets, whilst a ten car set comprised an additional driver car plus trailer car.

The title of “The Fish” for the Blue Mountains service was derived from the nickname of a passenger train driver named Heron who regularly worked on the line. This would also appear to be the reason for the regular service to Emu plains with the ‘The Heron” name board whilst “The Chips” name board appears an appropriate extension of The Chips” denoting the shorter service to Mt Vic in the Blue Mountains.
The Chips Sydney Central, NSW – Mount Victoria, NSW
The Fish Sydney Central, NSW – Lithgow, NSW
The Heron Sydney Central, NSW – Emu Plains, NSW

The U boat sets carried red or dark blue targets which were double sided. The red targets indicated the set could be broken up & carried an “A” or “B” suffix. Thus an eight car set could be broken into two four car sets or a ten car set into one 4 car and one six car set whilst the dark blue targets indicated the set could not be broken up. When introduced there were 9 eight car sets targeted U1 – U9. The remaining eight cars were used as spares. This was changed in 1962 to six eight car sets targets U1 – U6 and 4 six car sets targeted U7 – U10. This was further changed in 1973 when U1 – U10 represented four car sets & U11 – U15 six car sets. In later life, the U Boats appear to have integrated with the double deck interurban fleet and wearing targets such as U45 & U60. All the U BOATS were based at Flemington depot and there were no fixed set. The sets being randomly made up of available cars.

Between 1959 & 1961 seven “EHO” vans were modified to work with interurban sets to provide additional parcel & luggage space. A further van was converted in 1969 coded “IHO”. These vans could be seen on electric services to Lithgow and Gosford, as well as attached to railcar services between Gosford & Newcastle.

New session for my Oxford to Queens route.

756axe1970_20120419_0000.jpg

The session is Archiefield to Jannali Valley an introductory session for the branchline. I have extended the branchline further south. Including Billegulla Hill.

Regards

1) the shadow mesh is a feature to try and give some depth to the bottom of the loco and hide the often lack of full detail and cut down he openness of the 3D model, but the concept works better in older versions and not so much as well in TS12.

2) is the coupling issue only with the blue fc 85 or all 85 class locos, each sparky loco colour is its own mesh and not just a reskin.

Thanks for clearing that up but I personally would like to see all these fine models in point 1) without that lower shadow mesh as is the blue FC85 in TS12. Seeing the bogies and under gear is a proper effect.

2) See five new screenshots. all others are good except for bottom shadow mesh

In addition the beta U boats are very good in TS12, more uniform colour, better bogie and good to see passengers.

bobander201204210001.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
bobander201204210004.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bobander201204210003.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
bobander201204210002.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bobander201204210000.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks Bob

HI Bob and anybody else - just looked at my 85 FC and it has not got any errors - but by any chance does your 85 in blue have a cab door open - if so thats a 2 year old beta - from a diffrent mesh to the one that the other 85's were created from, I was lazy and just published that one had on hand as it was so to speak - will start a replacement 85 FC soon - Sorry for that

To Bearcat245
Regarding the 85 & 86 NSWGR Electric Locos, they are excellent for NSW layouts, but have two problems in TS12 as can be seen in the screenshots.
1) Except for the FC 85 all other 85's and the 86 from the DLS and the pack, there is a translucent shadow like shroud covering form cow catcher to cowcatcher over bogie area.
2) The FC 85, the couplers dont attach but they do when attached with an 86.

bobander201204160001.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bobander201204160000.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bobander201204050000.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks to Imageshack

Bob

They became known as the U BOATS due to the lettering on their target plates.

The first official regular service with the new cars was the Blue Mountains business service known as “The Fish” on the 15th September 1958 operating as a nine car set which was later increased to a ten car consist. The standard NSW practice for the period was to operate four car sets made up of power car, trailer car, trailer car, power car and eight car sets comprised two four car sets, whilst a ten car set comprised an additional driver car plus trailer car.

The title of “The Fish” for the Blue Mountains service was derived from the nickname of a passenger train driver named Heron who regularly worked on the line. This would also appear to be the reason for the regular service to Emu plains with the ‘The Heron” name board whilst “The Chips” name board appears an appropriate extension of The Chips” denoting the shorter service to Mt Vic in the Blue Mountains.
The Chips Sydney Central, NSW – Mount Victoria, NSW
The Fish Sydney Central, NSW – Lithgow, NSW
The Heron Sydney Central, NSW – Emu Plains, NSW

The U boat sets carried red or dark blue targets which were double sided. The red targets indicated the set could be broken up & carried an “A” or “B” suffix. Thus an eight car set could be broken into two four car sets or a ten car set into one 4 car and one six car set whilst the dark blue targets indicated the set could not be broken up. When introduced there were 9 eight car sets targeted U1 – U9. The remaining eight cars were used as spares. This was changed in 1962 to six eight car sets targets U1 – U6 and 4 six car sets targeted U7 – U10. This was further changed in 1973 when U1 – U10 represented four car sets & U11 – U15 six car sets. In later life, the U Boats appear to have integrated with the double deck interurban fleet and wearing targets such as U45 & U60. All the U BOATS were based at Flemington depot and there were no fixed set. The sets being randomly made up of available cars.

Between 1959 & 1961 seven “EHO” vans were modified to work with interurban sets to provide additional parcel & luggage space. A further van was converted in 1969 coded “IHO”. These vans could be seen on electric services to Lithgow and Gosford, as well as attached to railcar services between Gosford & Newcastle.

Thanks Bearcat,
I'm no expert on NSW Railways but it helps me to understand what the screenshots are about
Nice to know what's happening south of the border
Cheers,
Patchy

Last edited:
Back