Australian screenshots

Spot on Roy, that's what I was talking about. It looks great well done!
I'd like to have a play with the model once released.
Don't forget the Train Crewing Assignment Center off the back of Platforms 14/15 or I'll have no where for Crib! haha
Will you also be modelling the Central Electric Platforms? (16-23)

Last edited:
Hey all,

The RLNX has been uploaded and will be available from tomorrow morning, you will be able to find it by typing NRC (National Rail) in the search or looking under NR's in CM.

Also, in a few day's I'll have 4 broad Gauge versions released which will represent them being in storage for 5 years or so around Melbourne and Bendigo Yards before they became VLRX 1 to 25 in 2003.

EDIT:

The South Australian Railways FQX with the New South Wales OCX, I tried my best with the little research I have on them, the OCX is fitted with Elstoko's coupler, I had to use the position tag to move the coupler forward 51mm to align it with the lifter pin.

FQX-and-OCX.jpg

FQX-and-OCX.jpg

Cheers.

Last edited:
I've just finished the model of Central Station and have begun to install it on my Sydney 1950s layout. From the pic, you can see the gutting.

During this process, I noticed that several AJS Invisible Stations which I'd used had become inactive. Probably caused through several upgrades, movement of assets several times, merging of routes over the years, so they have been replaced and renamed ready for action. I happened to find a few 'buried assets' near where the old Devonshire Street Cemetery was located. These 'ghosts from the past' were extremely difficult to remove. I have to report that they are now dead and buried.

Consequently after setting the track and catenary a week ago, I've now got that task again as I install triple tracks from platform 1 to 10.

2018-08-18_022942.jpg

I may even find a spot to include Aaron's hangout, more commonly called 'Train Crew Assignment Centre'. I'm sure there is a doorway that leads to this 'Heaven away from Home'.

Cheers,
Roy

Looks good Roy however I must have over looked Platforms 1,2 and 3 earlier. They actually curve at the Country ends, they aren't straight the entire length of the Platform. My apologies for not picking it up sooner mate.
Have a look at this link, High Def images I use when laying tracks. It shows you Sydney Terminal. http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/ :)

Platform 1 holds 16 Cars, Platforms 2 and 3 hold 13 Cars.

Many thanks to Ian (vulcan) Manion for providing this fine image of the old Destination Board at Sydney Central Terminus. It took me just a few minutes to knock up a replacement asset Greatly appreciated mate.
2018-08-20_174544.jpg

In case you are looking for Taggy, you can now find him at the 'Train Crew Gambling Den' ,...oops, I meant 'Train Crew Assignment Centre' just off the main concourse. lol.

2018-08-20_172451.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Looks good Roy however I must have over looked Platforms 1,2 and 3 earlier. They actually curve at the Country ends, they aren't straight the entire length of the Platform. My apologies for not picking it up sooner mate.
Have a look at this link, High Def images I use when laying tracks. It shows you Sydney Terminal. http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/ :)

Platform 1 holds 16 Cars, Platforms 2 and 3 hold 13 Cars.

Thanks mate, greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Roy

Very nice Roy, Central is starting to look the part.
I've been having fun doing something new and exciting over the past couple of weeks. More shots soon,
cheers
Graeme

incredible detail Roy

Tom

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the 'thumbs-up' . The next time you see Central, it will most probably have the clock wound back to the 1950s. No fancy platform edging, but we didn't care about that way back then. All we wanted was for the train to arrive on time, so we wouldn't be late for work.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Very nice Roy, Central is starting to look the part.
I've been having fun doing something new and exciting over the past couple of weeks. More shots soon,
cheers
Graeme

Thanks Graeme, As you've mentioned previously, going back in time to a different era can be somewhat daunting. I've discovered that,... particularly when you think you've nailed it and you can move on to another section, only to find someone with an ipad sitting in the background. So, it's start all over again.

I'm intrigued about your 'new and exciting' way to have fun. If it can knock 20 years off the aging process, count me in. (errr, it's not a younger woman is it ???) lol

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks Graeme, As you've mentioned previously, going back in time to a different era can be somewhat daunting. I've discovered that,... particularly when you think you've nailed it and you can move on to another section, only to find someone with an ipad sitting in the background. So, it's start all over again.

I'm intrigued about your 'new and exciting' way to have fun. If it can knock 20 years off the aging process, count me in. (errr, it's not a younger woman is it ???) lol

Cheers,
Roy
Or you find steel guardrails, telstra phone boxes, streetlights that are too modern..........
No a younger woman would kill me trying to keep up, if the old one didn't shoot me first :hehe:
cheers
Graeme

The new and exciting thing is of course TRS19
It was awesome to be included in the beta testing process and while still a beta version it is already far and away better than T:ANE.
Here's a few shots I took during the beta.

Warwick to Wallangarra (default route environment)
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Goulburn Murray Lines (default route environment)

Illawarra South Coast (default route environment)

cheers
Graeme

Graeme, the beta shots of TRS2019 look fantastic.

I love the natural softer tones because it gives a more realistic look.

I can't wait to get my copy and try it out.

Cheers,
Roy

Great video Graeme. TRS2019 certainly makes it all look good. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Back