Australian screenshots

Well, I have been back through all these pages and people such as yourself have put some inspiration back into me. I have been up at Mateland all day but I have posted my favourtie shot of the day. (This route is fictional ofcourse)

taggy_20090902_0000.jpg

The photo shows 621/721 on a Up passenger service in the main platform, 3801 on its trial run in the terminating road and triple 90's (9024,9011 & 9009003) on a coalie.

Hopefully more to come.:)

Riding The Rails With The Commissioner!!!!

Hello All

:D Dear Dreddman & Spacemarine88, A Nice Note From The Head Of QGR.

I am An Expert On The B18 Class, So According To The QR Archives In Ipswich; The First B18 To Be Painted Green Was 1949 And Before That They Were All In Black, So Please Don't Get Them Mixed Up With The 'Brown Bombers'. They Were In Green Livery Until The End Of Steam.

The Original B18's Were Built With C16 Style Tenders & Cabs But In 1936 They Rebuilt Them With Sedan Cabs And Some With Electric Lighting Mounted On The Smokebox Door Also With Newer Riveted Tenders. These Were Reffered As The 'Standard' B18's.

A Correction My Dear Dreddman; The First B181/4 Was No.84 Which Was Built A The Departments Workshops At Ipswich In 1926 Not B18 No.82 In Your Picture. I Will Provide Plans & Pictures Of B18's If Requested. Did You Know That No.84 Has The Highest Mileage Of Any QGR Locomotive.

Finally I Have Been Busy With My Work And Haven't Contacted Dr.G Cash About My Version Of An Early B18. I Will Post Pictures & More QGR Tonight

Kind Regards:wave:

Michael G.

QGR Commissioner

Dreddman,

Yes, the B18's were predominantly green, however in the closeing years of steam in Queensland many were painted black after overhaul..

The B18 was dimensionally very similar to the BB18's, the only real differences being the B18's had a standard brake pump mounted on the opposite side of the boiler than the compound pump the BB18's had.

The only other differences is that the B18's had a C17 MK1 style cab as opposed to the sedan cab.

Hope this helps.

sorry for not commenting on this early but have been busy with personnel matters.

the early members of the B-18 1/4 class were fitted with Planished blue boiler sheeting which for working the mail trains was highly polished. the class was painted black during the war years and in 1949 a coat of Brunswick Green paint was aplied to was applied to the class with polished brass boiler bands and trimmed in red. ande a coat of Hawthorn Green with red trim for the BB-18 1/4.

information taken from Locomotives in the tropics Vol2 written by John Armstrong.

cheers

ghosty

Commissioner, I think the board needs to review the signature sector of the company. Your sig exceeds the allowable size by a fair margain. I think the board needs to change its policy on sigs, I don't think the company would like infractions imposed on them.;)

Hello All

:D Dear Dreddman & Spacemarine88, A Nice Note From The Head Of QGR.

I am An Expert On The B18 Class, So According To The QR Archives In Ipswich; The First B18 To Be Painted Green Was 1949 And Before That They Were All In Black, So Please Don't Get Them Mixed Up With The 'Brown Bombers'. They Were In Green Livery Until The End Of Steam.

The Original B18's Were Built With C16 Style Tenders & Cabs But In 1936 They Rebuilt Them With Sedan Cabs And Some With Electric Lighting Mounted On The Smokebox Door Also With Newer Riveted Tenders. These Were Reffered As The 'Standard' B18's.

A Correction My Dear Dreddman; The First B181/4 Was No.84 Which Was Built A The Departments Workshops At Ipswich In 1926 Not B18 No.82 In Your Picture. I Will Provide Plans & Pictures Of B18's If Requested. Did You Know That No.84 Has The Highest Mileage Of Any QGR Locomotive.

Finally I Have Been Busy With My Work And Haven't Contacted Dr.G Cash About My Version Of An Early B18. I Will Post Pictures & More QGR Tonight

Kind Regards:wave:

Michael G.

QGR Commissioner

How do you know all that:eek:

Mitchey/0099

there are also those funny things with covers and pages called books that have this sort of information contained within. lol

cheers

ghosty

Teriffic Keep the info comming .......so we need a green and a black one
ok can be arranged once I am happy with the shape remember the B18 pic I posted was just a merge between a c17 and a bb18 1/4 and needs some parts rebuilt .....a sketch as I said I wont have any time till next week I have a couple of days off then ..............
As far as the 82/84 number thing I just typed in a number to see if it worked that was first export/config test ........your lucky I didnt number it 13 "LOL"
:p ........

Last time i try and be helpful then...:(

All information is useful, if not to the person asking, then to others of us reading. I learn more about QR here than I do at work sometimes.
Please do post anything you know spacemarine88. It is important to someone.:wave:
Glen

All information is useful, if not to the person asking, then to others of us reading. I learn more about QR here than I do at work sometimes.
Please do post anything you know spacemarine88. It is important to someone.:wave:
Glen

Ok, Ill be around if anyone would like info then Ill try and help out. :)

Great! I think its good! Where else can you go and speak to people who know as much about trains as the people in this forum?

Anyways, happy information seeking...
Thank-you and good night...

:p
________
Ferrari 512

Last edited:
2006 SCREENSHOTS QUERY

Greetings.
After putting it off for a long time I have now prepared myself to take some screenshots.
But ... I don't seem to have a screenshots folder in the TRS2006 folder and when I did a test run (lining up a shot and pressing PrtScn) - no result.

I've studied Vulcan's tutorial - I have photoshop and a web site but I can't get started.

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me some info about the folder and the taking of shots.

Cheers
NickE

Riding The Rails With The Commissioner!!! Part II

Hello All

Dear Dreddman may have requested a couple of pictures of the original & standard B181/4'. I have in my possession the original plans & Pictures for the B18 Class courtesy of the QR Archives, and also ARHS & QRIG. I Will Show Them IN My Next Post.

Kind Regards

Michael G.

QGR Commissioner

Teriffic Keep the info comming .......so we need a green and a black one
ok can be arranged once I am happy with the shape remember the B18 pic I posted was just a merge between a c17 and a bb18 1/4 and needs some parts rebuilt .....a sketch as I said I wont have any time till next week I have a couple of days off then ..............
As far as the 82/84 number thing I just typed in a number to see if it worked that was first export/config test ........your lucky I didnt number it 13 "LOL"
:p ........

Last edited:
Hey,
I would like to know if anyone has any drawings or info on the N car sets. These are the carriages that were used on the Newcastle Flyer before the air-condition carriages were brought in.
http://www.arhsact.org.au/images/stories/hn.jpg

I am also wondering the tonnage of the 12 wheeler cars, especially the sleeping cars eg, TAM, EAM, KAM

Thanks, Daniel

Hey,
I would like to know if anyone has any drawings or info on the N car sets. These are the carriages that were used on the Newcastle Flyer before the air-condition carriages were brought in.
http://www.arhsact.org.au/images/stories/hn.jpg

I am also wondering the tonnage of the 12 wheeler cars, especially the sleeping cars eg, TAM, EAM, KAM

Thanks, Daniel

Although far away from all of my books and reference material (in Edinburgh), I made an attempt at scanning a book (which is available from the AR Kits site for a cheapish price) which has most NSW passenger stock. I'll check my external HDD tonight to see if I managed to scan the N car diagrams. Good feeling i did.

Happy 50th Birthday 48 class

What an amazing feat after 50 years the 48s are still going strong in day to day service Happy Birthday
trainz2009090519454133.png

Back