Australian screenshots

Not a lot of interest has been shown for the past few years on QR rolling stock; and it's a real pity.

I'd done a bit of checking and by the way, all the QR EMU , IMU & SMU that are currently available, have not been updated to T:ANE build level standards. Only one has QR 3ft6in gauge bogeys and only one has opening doors.

Williamg - QR EMU (3'6" gauge & non-opening doors) + QR IMU (STD gauge & non-opening doors) are both build # 2.0
alby6 - QR EMU (STD gauge with opening doors) is build # 2.7
Pev - QR SMU (STD gauge & non-opening doors) is build # 2.5
Psycho_aussie - QR SMU (STD gauge & non-opening doors) is build # 1.5

I've also looked for a good set of 3'6" bogeys to make a few swaps but found none that look right.

I'm not qualified to create new units,.... so it seems we are stuck with what we've got.

I believe that if there were some good QR rolling stock available, then we may see an increase in quality QR routes. If we don't have the stock, we don't have routes.
We've seen it happen in NSW and in Victoria with heaps of quality rolling stock being built by several creators, and now, we see several great Aussie routes are being constructed.

I hope I don't step out of line here, but is there anyone who has what it takes, to look at Queensland Rail ?

Cheers,
Roy

EDIT: I did a little more searching and found a 3ft6in QR 3900 Class bogey which fits the QR EMU units. I have to say it looks much better than the blocked-in bogey on it previously.

QR EMU DM with QR 3900 bogey

The original blocked-in bogey

Hi Roy;

Myself and QHRTrainz are working on a replacement to stock for 3ft 6in City Train for TANE. I will resume work when I get time; Just backdating my old laptop to the new Gaming laptop. We were working on the EMU, SMU to ICE Units. I built a replacement bogey for Albys EMU to suit which should solve the issue.

Regards,

M.G

Last edited:
Thanks M.G for following-up on the QR rolling stock.

I'd appreciate a copy of the replacement bogey mate, if that's possible. (PM me) Thanks.

Please keep me informed on your progress with the 'City Train' route.

Cheers,
Roy

Hi Roy
well i do have T:ANE
but my laptop will not run it its just to slow when i load it
Regards
Tonny

Hi Tonny,

I understand your problem.

But listen mate, if and when you feel your computer is up to scratch, just say the word and I'll arrange for my Sydney route to be forwarded to you.

Take care, cheers,
Roy

Another day of detailing, trying to focus on one area, then move ahead to the next section.

Working around the harbour, picking up things I'd missed the first time around.

I thought I'd add in Birchgrove Wharf as the extremity to the West on my route.

3ce11b031fca104385e15be93e14dd79.jpg

Balmain East Wharf
2d7098241acf5b7d4375b3a51ef6ee6b.jpg

Noakes shipyard Berrys Bay. looking towards Waverton
85f98949622295ff13b321d59d76326d.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Hi Roy;

Myself and QHRTrainz are working on a replacement to stock for 3ft 6in City Train for TANE. I will resume work when I get time; Just backdating my old laptop to the new Gaming laptop. We were working on the EMU, SMU to ICE Units. I built a replacement bogey for Albys EMU to suit which should solve the issue.

Regards,

M.G

Good News! We have lots of 1067mm track now, and They are TANE compliant too (Procedural) So there is no reason to have QLD routes set in Standard Gauge anymore. I have Shape Files of the centre lines of QLD. If they are any use to you, They are yours. Just PM me.

Simon.

Not a lot of interest has been shown for the past few years on QR rolling stock; and it's a real pity.

I'd done a bit of checking and by the way, all the QR EMU , IMU & SMU that are currently available, have not been updated to T:ANE build level standards. Only one has QR 3ft6in gauge bogeys and only one has opening doors.

Williamg - QR EMU (3'6" gauge & non-opening doors) + QR IMU (STD gauge & non-opening doors) are both build # 2.0
alby6 - QR EMU (STD gauge with opening doors) is build # 2.7
Pev - QR SMU (STD gauge & non-opening doors) is build # 2.5
Psycho_aussie - QR SMU (STD gauge & non-opening doors) is build # 1.5

I've also looked for a good set of 3'6" bogeys to make a few swaps but found none that look right.

I'm not qualified to create new units,.... so it seems we are stuck with what we've got.

I believe that if there were some good QR rolling stock available, then we may see an increase in quality QR routes. If we don't have the stock, we don't have routes.
We've seen it happen in NSW and in Victoria with heaps of quality rolling stock being built by several creators, and now, we see several great Aussie routes are being constructed.

I hope I don't step out of line here, but is there anyone who has what it takes, to look at Queensland Rail ?

Cheers,
Roy

EDIT: I did a little more searching and found a 3ft6in QR 3900 Class bogey which fits the QR EMU units. I have to say it looks much better than the blocked-in bogey on it previously.

QR EMU DM with QR 3900 bogey
5a54867fb41b9752f83519f4c1ffd1a5.jpg

The original blocked-in bogey
2f1039edfa571393eeb08832c0f95b40.jpg

wouldnt mind having a go at Queensland routes. And maybe making Train Units. I have the Shape files of all QLD centre lines, But they are not much use, if we dont have the Train Units. (Signal Diagrams, Curve and Gradient charts Line Drawings, etc..) Would make me more eager to begin collaborating.. We also definately need the new signs, platforms, and buildings, Bridges, etc....

Thanks M.G for following-up on the QR rolling stock.

I'd appreciate a copy of the replacement bogey mate, if that's possible. (PM me) Thanks.

Please keep me informed on your progress with the 'City Train' route.

Cheers,
Roy

We are in the process of ordering from a content creator some TANE Quality stock for City Train which will be expanded to bits for our QR range of content and routes. I myself have commissioned a lot of content to QR; platforms, bridges, stations, signage, level crossings and stock. I have had great assistance from the likes of Stationmistress, Jmorty, Greg Cash and others over the years to improve the standing.

As for the bogie; it will be uploaded to the DLS and will post updates shortly on City Train within the week.

Regards
M.G

Last edited:
We are in the process of ordering from a content creator some TANE Quality stock for City Train which will be expanded to bits for our QR range of content and routes. I myself have commissioned a lot of content to QR; platforms, bridges, stations, signage, level crossings and stock. I have had great assistance from the likes of Stationmistress, Jmorty, Greg Cash and others over the years to improve the standing.

As for the bogie; it will be uploaded to the DLS and will post updates shortly on City Train within the week.

Regards
M.G

I appreciate that M.G.

I know how long it takes to get everything tied in together,.. so patience is the best thing. (particularly if you are still under 70 years of age)

Cheers mate,
Roy

Some further detailing on my Sydney route. When you add the water surface, then make a few adjustments, you see a whole new blend of textures and the reflection of colours changes.

A morning shot from Millers Point, and Barangaroo.
177f282ccbe51b51af17f1ca70c99059.jpg

The view from Balmain wharf towards Goat Island
3190c187ff721eb978aabf9132dcaa27.jpg

And then I converted a screenshot into sepia, looking southwards towards the City from Millers Point
01c19e0a686e8420537b1a3a13af5531.jpg

Using sepia tones tends to age the shot, but there is greater definition in all areas.
Cheers,
Roy

Regards
M.G

Good Stuff. That Means I dont have to do them! Looking forward to the updates. There is some really good 1067 gauge track floating about. As I posted before I have a really good Shape File of the whole QR Network (Suburban Included) It is all the track centre lines, Including crossovers and Yards. (Mayne looks like an out right Nightmare). if you have TranzDEM, This shape file will be very useful. If any of you QR Route builders want the Shapefile... Let me know.

Back