Australian screenshots

Top shots Ghosty, I reckon it was a better with the three tracks going through the middle platforms

Jamie

I only recall the two through the middle as a child, i spent many years visiting Grandma at Goodna whose place just happened to overlook the then timbered and yarded station area. Memories of friends family and my own have gone into making these maps i work on the results of which are there for all to see and enjoy.

Ghosty

1047 leads a car set away from Central as it looked until the mid to late 1960s. Ghosty

If after 3:30 pm in that era those platforms would be full of school kids on their way home from the various nearby schools, plus other school kids changing trains. In that era there were free train passes for school kids. All you had to do was nominate your local station and the free pass was given out at school. If you are into Brisbane trams in trainz, the scholars fare was 3 pence later 6 pence any day of the week on school business even if not in uniform. No time limit so was ok in peak hour eg footy training after school or Saturday inter school footy.

ps, Ghosty, as you can see above, your screen shots were so good they sent me down memory lane! You can all relax as I will not start on my father's stories of Central Station pre WW2.....

Central Station signal box 1967 http://www.signalbox.org/overseas/australia/brisbanecentral.htm

Edit; I am not suggesting you add lots of school kids to the platforms as that would restrict you to that time of day.

Last edited:

Signal boxes / signal cabins in other parts of Australia? Try http://www.signalbox.org/overseas/australia/index.htm

Good for suggesting background scenery in our trainz landscapes. A number of the pictures also show part of the signal diagram thus the track diagram.

Details for anyone interested in signals, especially QLD, try http://www.sigq.org/index.htm

Cheers
Peter

Pure class, Ghosty... the project looks like it's coming along famously!

Especially love the first shot in the group. Other than being a damn good pic, it evokes a lot of childhood memories (NSW though).

Howdy. It's been a while since I've last visited but the quality of work being shown here continues to be outstanding. As a turn of events I have settled in my new job well and when I'm not playing with the real trains, I have regained time to play Trainz again. So my Wallangarra project is underway once again.

- Kent

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are the carriages in this screenshot available for download anywhere?

Cameron.

Thank you all for the compliments on my work, a lot of input research drawn from books and associated material and memories of family friends and those of myself have gone into the work.

Ghosty

[h=1]
cook201210230001.jpg

A Four car Endeavour departs Domino City while a Variotram heads westbound.[/h]

Large pics

I've just updated the QR timber-earth platforms. Only a minor change to the uprights on the face, now 3d. Not on the DLS. See below.

Before and after
te1.jpg

te2.jpg

Last edited:
Are you using 3ft 6in bogies on them or standard ones, if so which 3ft 6in bogies are you using?

Cameron

Hi Cameron,

I was "working" (it was a WIP a few years ago) on a 3ft 6in bogey set for my QR Sunlander carriages
(Maroon and Blue livery) and it got forgotten.

I will look for the old files I have and resurect the project.

Cheers,

Bill.

Back