Australian screenshots

X48-X50 shatter the early morning peace as they power through Euroa with a down empty PN grain...

4285fcbcf6694212d6413406a5e3f832.jpg

A BIG kudos to you Graeme for this route, you're scenery work is second to none mate, should be extremely proud!!

Roy, I find when laying the wires its easier to turn the terrain off so you get the clear grid underneath. Makes it easier to see when fitting it to the stanchions. :)
Looking good as usual!

Roy, I find when laying the wires its easier to turn the terrain off so you get the clear grid underneath. Makes it easier to see when fitting it to the stanchions. :)
Looking good as usual!

That's a good tip Aaron. I usually do switch to grid pattern, but when you have so many other splines interacting, the concrete slab gives finer definition, particularly if it is raised up, just beneath the stanchions.

Now to set up some workable sessions.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Roy, your route is looking great, can't wait to have a drive. Glad that the merge went well for you.
Thanks everyone for the compliments on my route. It's great to see all of the positive comments and I hope you all enjoy many happy hours of running on it. At the moment I am on my third attempt at building a session, hopefully the first of many when it's done. Session building is like knowing how to do basic maths and then having algebra thrown at you. I'm sure I'll get it through my bloody thick skull eventually.

cf2aa408121fce4cfa2b1a2b35dd8aef.jpg

3312cd8c76af7885c2d2c6ccd1c3d023.jpg

e48e0b7fb5d14ee445c06fb85033379c.jpg

25685640b828acd269ce3f9d94b1a75e.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Good Morning All,

After the release of my first QR sign pack, which came with problems which are fixed & ready for the DLS (shortly). I've produced a few more Queensland station assets which are listed below -

QR Translink Sign (Early) - Released
QGR 1950s Station Lamp - Released in 24hours
QR 90s Vulture Street (Now South Bank) Station Building Sign - Released in 24 hours

1fad068caddb28e2abd38cf8c1bd6762.jpg

f5754bec35308a35d7bcba60345854e7.jpg

70b830cedfba21ac2d54f83ac166e88d.jpg

Regrads,
Lachlan

G'day all,
Fantastic screenshots all round!! Roy, you city circle screenshots continue to make me home sick - your attention to detail is phenomenal!! Graeme, Mick and Campbell your screenshots bring everything to life, the detail is incredible - very life like. Keep up the great work!!
Also, the content creators for their work aswell - i salute you all
Cheers Jimmy

Trainfan2017: Nice bump effects on that loco.

Roy: Awesome work on your route.

And great work, and nice pics, everyone else too.

PS. Glad to see you here again Mick.

// Erik from Sweden

Hey Guys,

Merging separate sections of an Aussie route together might look fine on the surface, but with it, has raised additional problems I was not aware of. You may have experienced this yourself.

I've now discovered in setting up the first session for my new route, that all the stations I had previously named and adjusted the platform parameters, have now reset themselves back to scratch. ???

fccfc6efd8aa7cdb8e36efc4c2711b99.jpg

After performing a full database repair, it's still in the same boat.

So, the next step, I went about renaming and set the platform parameters again.

In a 'test' in Driver mode, none of those 'station' changes appeared in the Driver Commands such as 'Navigate to .....". The only stations that did appear were from the first route section I had created which happened to be Sydney Harbour,... so the ferries will be happy. Every other train station is not listed. ???

This now means every single 'invisible' station I had placed, will need to be deleted and then replaced with fresh ones. (I did a quick 'Dummy' set-up of 8 miscellaneous stations and found they appeared in the list of Navigate to....) So this appears to be the way to move ahead.

When I've completed all that, I can say my 'route' is ready to start sessions'.

Another item we should all be aware of in route building is with layers. After merging several routes together, I had several 'Route Layers' with different file names. So I decided to merge them one at a time, then save, then exit the game. I re-opened and did the same with all the layers until I had one 'route-layer'. On opening the route again, one entire section (City Circle route) had suddenly disappeared. ???

Here's a screenshot of the City Circle section after merging layers together. I won't do that again.
df93a6bad653c3be04b6a8423d273df2.jpg

Luckily I had previously created a cdp file of the route with all sections intact and I can use these to build on.

I was beginning to think that I've jinxed myself. But there is always a solution to every problem. Oh well,.. on with the show!

Cheers,
Roy

Trainfan2017: Nice bump effects on that loco.

Roy: Awesome work on your route.

And great work, and nice pics, everyone else too.

PS. Glad to see you here again Mick.

// Erik from Sweden

Thank you Erik, I appreciate your comments.
Cheers,
Roy

G'day all,
Fantastic screenshots all round!! Roy, you city circle screenshots continue to make me home sick - your attention to detail is phenomenal!! Graeme, Mick and Campbell your screenshots bring everything to life, the detail is incredible - very life like. Keep up the great work!!
Also, the content creators for their work aswell - i salute you all
Cheers Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy, Your comments are truly appreciated.
Cheers mate,
Roy

Hello Roy, sorry to hear you're experiencing so many difficulties with the route, lol T:ANE SP2 sometimes can be a pain. Glad to know you managed to backup your files before something serious happened. As always, great shots everyone!

Hi Roy,

Did you click create new session or load an old session to the merged route? the stations are set up on session layer, if you went on create a new session then everything industry will reset, been this way in trainz long before T:ANE, however if you loaded an old session then this is a problem.

Cheers.

2017-10-14%20220212.jpg

2017-10-14%20220412.jpg

2017-10-14%20220756.jpg

A few shots of D1 620 leading an excursion train through the valley around Beetoomba.

Regards
Zec

Hi Roy,

Did you click create new session or load an old session to the merged route? the stations are set up on session layer, if you went on create a new session then everything industry will reset, been this way in trainz long before T:ANE, however if you loaded an old session then this is a problem.

Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestions mate.

In actual fact what I had was three separate routes (1.Redfern & Central - 2.City Circle - 3.Sydney Harbour & Nth Shore) with no sessions started for any of them; and then I merged each of them together saving the route each time into new route names. Initially all 3 routes had their stations in place, named and platforms allocated as well as 14 portals named and in place.

For some strange reason in the merge process some stations remained intact whilst the majority got reset back to scratch.

Changing the station name and platform numbers is insufficient now. I've tested some new stations to see the effect in Driver mode and these show up. So unless there is a way to fix the merge operation, I will have to replace every station on the overall layout.

I may wait until the next TANE update takes place and then re-merge the 3 routes again. Luckily I kept a cdp file for each.

I'm checking eBay to see if anyone has a magic wand for sale.

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Back