Australian screenshots

Yeah I know. Thought i'd make a joke out of it because it was stated in the last two pages that they were Daves and were unreleased.:D They also have sound attached to the bogeys so they sound realistic.

Daniel

If that's the case, unless Davido personally emailed them to you, how did you get hold of them?
And yes, I was referring to the Cityrail train. The catenary is good too, but I've heard the story about that.

I know I've probably missed a post saying this in the 7900-odd posts in here, but why does Davido hardly ever release his things that he's worked on and, visually anyway, finished? He got the crossings out a few months ago, but no CityRail locos, no NSW catenary, nothing that the Australian public wants. I don't mean to offend Davido by saying this.

Last edited:
I should have read forums more often back then

^^

The NSW Catenary was a beta item which was temporarily up on a Davido's website for people to test out. Unfortunately, they are no longer available.

yea I should have guessed that the catenary was the work of DaividO - I should have visited the forum pages more when he posted the link/s , I did give up reading and posting to forums for a year or so

Scottling

creating content is not as easy as it seems, davido has a fine reputation for creating some mighty fine NSW rollingstock and items. david takes great pride in what he makes and relases and wants it to be looking and working right.

The beta for the overhead was one of three david had put up or us all to evaluate these being the candy and original liveried 620/720 class the nsw overhead and the level crossing. they were beta models that were not ready for release but a few people used them in maps that were then uploaded to the dls and david opted to remove the betas from circulation.

you need to have some patience just sit back and relax and enjoy the screenshots. Remember many of us have a funny thing called a life that we have to tend to outside of trainz. if you upset or offend these creators they may slow down the work on the items they have or may choose not to release them. just some friendly advice from an old hand.

cheers

ghosty

I know I've probably missed a post saying this in the 7900-odd posts in here, but why does Davido hardly ever release his things that he's worked on and, visually anyway, finished? He got the crossings out a few months ago, but no CityRail locos, no NSW catenary, nothing that the Australian public wants. I don't mean to offend Davido by saying this.

The short answer is, because they are not ready.

I promise you, Davido does not do such things to tease people, they are unreleased and untested. When you create/work on something (and I'm not just talking the world of Trainz here), most people want to do it to the best of their ability, and do the best they can.

While I can't presume to speak for Davido, may I say that he shares the screenshots of unreleased items as a matter of pride, to show us how work is coming along, and because he is proud that his hard work is starting to show. However, the problem with providing screenshots is that you do not get the full picture. It might *look* finished from one screenshot, but there might be heaps of bugs, or unfinished parts to the locomotive itself - obviously these are things you would not "show off" in a screenshot.

So just because things look finished, they are probably not. As talented as everyone who makes content for Trainz is, often there are things that need to be worked on, or finished, and Davido, like most creators, is not about to release something half finished.

I am the same with photography - no matter what, I want to do my best with every click of the shutter, and I won't accept anything less. If I don't think something is my best work, I won't upload it to the internet, even if it is a photo that people were looking for. I realise it's not the same thing, but to me, if I am going to put my name to something, I want it to be the best that it can be.

Please, take on board what experienced members of the communuty, like Ghostryder above me say, because they have been there, and done it.

As a final example, you wouldn't want to download a half completed route, would you? People with such routes might show you the most amazing screenshots, but that might be one board out of a hundred that is done to that standard.

Just some friendly advice, I know you meant no offence.

EDIT: Please do not assume I speak for anyone but myself, these are all general thoughts about things, and not specific to any one person or even any one forum or game.

Yeah, they're not finished. The pantographs are from the S-sets, there's no seats in the trailers, various other tweaks have to be made etc etc. But beautiful models all the same.

1-1.jpg

Daniel

Thankyou Raichase and 3830 for your interpretations of why they haven't come yet. I only just realised that half-finished things are no good to the public. I know that most forum users have this strange thing you call a life (trust me, I'm a high school student:confused: ) and respect that. Davido, your shots are awesome to look at! Then again, so are all the screenshots here. All I can really say is: the items may be far from release, but keep up the good work, don't slack off because we love what you're doing for us!:Y: I thank all the talented Trainz creators out there, you must love what you do.

we are probably all a little jealous too

Thankyou Raichase and 3830 for your interpretations of why they haven't come yet. I only just realised that half-finished things are no good to the public. I know that most forum users have this strange thing you call a life (trust me, I'm a high school student:confused: ) and respect that. Davido, your shots are awesome to look at! Then again, so are all the screenshots here. All I can really say is: the items may be far from release, but keep up the good work, don't slack off because we love what you're doing for us!:Y: I thank all the talented Trainz creators out there, you must love what you do.

maybe we all are a little jealous too on seeing other NSW content posted here and we want it bad

well we may all need to be just a little bit more patient and wait for it to appear on the download site

well i will try

maybe we all are a little jealous too on seeing other NSW content posted here and we want it bad

I don't feel that is a fair comment actually - I enjoy looking at everyones screenshots, irrespective of it the content involved is private, in testing, or available for public use or not. I simply enjoy looking at what others have created, often it is very lifelike. Most of the content used in screenshots, I would have no idea if I could download it or not.

I personally enjoy seeing the screenshots from everyone, and would not like any comments made here to jeopardise that.

Like Davido, I would simply feel wrong releasing something that isn't 100% finished. It may be hard seeing screens of content for so long without release, but we all have so much to do.

Davido has some NSW wires that have been passed around as a beta. I also have simillar wires (not released though) that I have made, but would not like them used unless finished. I'll probably end up changing the KUID when I release the final version, and so people who have used them as betas will end up releasing a route with content that is not available.

Finally though, I'm getting back into 'Max, and will get some things done soon.

Daniel, your route is looking better and better each day. Please, don't stop posting shots! It's great to see that every shot you post is easy to recognise as the location intended. Really encourages me to get back to making things for TRS.

Finally though, I'm getting back into 'Max, and will get some things done soon.

If you will permit me to sound selfish for a moment, I am so glad to hear this. After using your trees, using any other trees on the layout just doesn't look right! You've spoiled us :)

If you will permit me to sound selfish for a moment, I am so glad to hear this. After using your trees, using any other trees on the layout just doesn't look right! You've spoiled us :)

Hard for me to hear that, as I think those trees were ugly placeholders to simply replace what we had from the first version of Trainz! But still, many thanks. And I'll make sure I get some new ones out soon that actually look... Uh... Like real trees :p

never meant it as a bad thing

I don't feel that is a fair comment actually - I enjoy looking at everyones screenshots, irrespective of it the content involved is private, in testing, or available for public use or not. I simply enjoy looking at what others have created, often it is very lifelike. Most of the content used in screenshots, I would have no idea if I could download it or not.

I personally enjoy seeing the screenshots from everyone, and would not like any comments made here to jeopardise that.

i never meant that as a bad thing just being only interested in NSW stuff, when i see the pics here it just makes me a little envious others got the beta stuff but i do understand why DavidO took them off

I also have simillar wires (not released though) that I have made, but would not like them used unless finished. I'll probably end up changing the KUID when I release the final version, and so people who have used them as betas will end up releasing a route with content that is not available.
You've got some catenary as a WIP as well? I also have a model which I have tried to mimic Davido's version (wire height, etc). The intention of it was not to copy it, but so it could work with it. The version takes up slightly less space so it can fit on areas with 3 or 4 tracks (between pairs).

Tada: (one on left is mine, right is Davido's)

Still working on textures and making it look prettier like Davido's, lol.

Lastly... what are the thoughts of people here in terms of migrating a route from TRS 2006 to TRS 2010? I just ordered a copy yesterday. :wave:

Howdy Folk's
I thought a Beta was a test of an object or loco or rolling stock not sumthing to be used in a route to make screenshots look better.I also thought it was up to the creator to say to whoever downloaded the Beta that they were to try and break it give it a run for it's money and get back to me on it as a Beta was just a final test just before release.I currently have a SW1200 Switcher nearing completion and would hate to think of the emails one would get about why sum people got it and not other's or why it's taking so long.
Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
Anyone Been to Varsity Lakes Yet???

I have - my line opened this afternoon. Here are some shots...

screen019a.jpg

Arriving at Robina, the 2 new storage roads on the right.

screen020s.jpg

About to move into history...

screen023d.jpg

QR's newest tunnel, complete with air holes!

screen024y.jpg

Trotting along at 100kph, near the top of the grade.

screen026l.jpg

Approaching the new station

screen030n.jpg

Looking towards Brisbane

Now, on the real railway's opening day, I took a quick down-n-back trip to see what it's like. As a result, I couldn't really see what's down the spur line south of the station. The scenery I've made is most likely way off south of the road bridge. I won't be down that way for a few months yet so if anyone knows what's down there, could you please let me know so I can model it better. here's what I've got ATM.

screen031p.jpg

The end of the line. I'm pretty sure there should be a road in front of me coming off the highway.

screen032t.jpg

A general view of the 'turnback road'. I've just noticed the wires can't end like that, that'll go on the to do list...

So there you have it folks.

screen028j.jpg

Ryan

DaSmith75, It's not really necessary to quote all those pics. It just wastes dial-up uses time. Just a hint though, not meant to be rude or anything:D

James, I'm glad to hear that your getting back into it. I can't wait to see what you'll pull out of your hard drive now. And your trees are fantastic! Oh and with your wires, are you making 4 track gantries? Dave and I have spoke about it and tried working it out. Perfect for stations etc. (How's wherever you are btw?:p)

Deadly, your content never ceases to amaze me. Keep at it!:D

(Trent, good thinking on balding people's usernames!)

Daniel

Back