Australian screenshots

Just a little something from my latest medium sized yard I thought I'd throw out there for feedback. Here, we have old storage sheds and overgrown, weedy track beds. Some wagons have been stored here for years, and are slowly rusting into the ground.

screen011ye7.jpg

Last edited:
Just another little screenshot, from my QR Baffles Creek route, which contrary to popular belief, is progressing slowly but steadily.

qrbafflescreek4jr7.jpg

qrbafflescreek5qv0.jpg

Last edited:
A country road - to where? To parts unknown.

aroadlesstravelledgy0.jpg

"In the distance, I could hear the sounds of shunting trainz, ringing, and rumbling, softened almost into melody by the distance..." Quote taken from War of the Worlds.

qr2kt7.jpg

*looks around* Quiet here on the line today -

qrsb3eg9.jpg

Last edited:
NSWGR - Saddleback Junction

Having decided to port this new route to TRS2006, I thought to post the screen shots here. I have replaced all the track, put in catch points, points and point rodding.

Entrance to Saddleback Junction Station and yards.
nswyard1op9.jpg

Closeup of the station building to the left, and goods/shunt tracks to the right.

nswyard2mi5.jpg

Reverse angle, looking back towards the station and distant goods shed.
nswyard3wy2.jpg

NSWGR 48 Class, unit 48155 heads the passenger service to Saddleback Junction, flanges squealing as it rounds the curve through the heavy forest.

nswyard5zi0.jpg

Drovers Creek Crossing, where the creek has dried up leaving a fine layer of sand

nswyard4zw4.jpg

Out for the day, the photographer snapped this picture of what was probably once the gatekeepers house, and is still in pretty good condition, even if the old gated crossing is no more.

screen017dc7.jpg

Pausing for lunch, the photographer spotted an opportunity to photograph two NSWGR 48 class loading wheat out of Saddleback Junction Silo's.
nswyard6ze5.jpg

It was well past lunchtime, when the 48's finished loading and checking the loaded NGXF wagons, before they radioed through to the signalman at the signal box they were requesting departure.
nswyard7fw6.jpg

With the soft click of sliding points and the clack of the interlocking bars setting the route, the two NSWGR 48 class let fly with their horn as they notched up slowly, lifting the heavy weight from the silo track.
nswyard8pl1.jpg

Clearing the sidings and back onto the mainline, they let fly the horns again, warning any drivers that they're approaching the level crossing.
nswyard9sd1.jpg

A couple of old ones from me.

Grain train at Belair with 8166/G536/8149/DL40
Grain%20Belair%20loop.jpg

Two VR X class locomotives work down hill on The Overland
pcvrxzp9.jpg

Two G&W 830 class locomotives work a grain train up hill
PC-Screen_513.jpg

Back