Australian screenshots

Yeah, unfortunately I had no photos to reference and Google earth only goes back to 2008 and street view is 2019. Doing the best I can with being able to model what I can see.
cheers
Graeme

You do an insane job, working just off Google Earth! :)
Cant wait to explore the section. What program did you use for the video mate?

Yeah, unfortunately I had no photos to reference and Google earth only goes back to 2008 and street view is 2019. Doing the best I can with being able to model what I can see.
cheers
Graeme

Graeme, I use Google Earth for street view shots, but I have also found 'Google Maps' https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.8705098,151.2005459,17z to be handier. (I bookmark the link for fast access)

The reason is that in addition to the same street view as Google Earth, there are small circular rings which you can drag the man onto. They don't appear everywhere but sometimes you can spot them from a park, the middle of the harbour, railway tunnel. etc.

These provide additional angles and positions to snap a screenshot.

Love your work.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Thanks Aaron, I use Windows 10 built in recorder and VSDC Free Video Editor for ediiting work. That was a very basic edit, I just threw all the videos in the wizard and a transition between them and uploaded to Youtube. If you pay a yearly sub, it allows hardware acceleration as well.
Google earth really is the go to as it does everything maps does and more. I've got dozens of bookmarks for all of the routes I am working on and it even shows track layouts and supposedly hooks in well with Transdem, if I ever learn how to use it successfully. I also use other sources such as pictures, where available, SIX maps for NSW and I've found a few cabride video's on youtube at various vintages. I'll give google maps another look, thanks Roy.
cheers
Graeme

Stefan, that is amazing videoing of the grainy. Question, is this achieved using a webcam tool to record as well as compilation as it did show the next preview in the same video. I guess that lapping tool is good use in video compilation allowing it to skip the scenes and focus on critical aspects too. Very tranquil landscape of the outback too.

Sorry lspdyiu, I had just seen your reply now.

Thank you for the compliments.

I record using Nvidia's ShadowPlay - a great, free, recording software - and I use Adobe Premiere Rush for my video editing. I use lapping to cut out boring aspects of the video, or combine two recordings together.
The route is also in courtesy of Dom Quartuccio, an absolute master when it comes to capturing the South Australian landscape.

When does The XPT of Memeboy's going to be released?

T

i asked Daniel not long ago, he said he’s got a lot of other projects such as the Variotram and more. So as of now I can’t really say when. But I’m looking forward to him realising them. Also he mentioned making a B set series 2 Waratah which sounds interesting.

cheers, Ryan

V28 about to depart Wollongong heading to Kiama
vw.png

An SSet sitting on platform 2 at Wollongong waiting to head to the train yard

sset-at-wolng.png

An Ex Gset (Tangara) sitting at Thirroul

tt.png

And now on it's way to Port Kembla

dtt.png

Regards,

T

I'd like to thank someone who has helped me through out the process of making this dem. this person is a content creator and he made some builtin PBR textures for TRS19. in authers you can search up 'rudeFX' and look through his stuff.

This route isn't going to be easy, I'm working with a friends on it and the route will probably take up to 10 years. however i enjoy the process of route building and understanding signals and gradients more than actually driving, I'm not saying i don't enjoy driving though.

Onto the route. Top right is Gosford, i know ATD is making a route up around Gosford and i would like to merge my route to it and save time, but that is copyright and i would get into trouble for it. top left is Lithgow, bottom left is Goulburn and bottom right is Bomaderry. the middle of the route is Sydney, i think you understand which line is which now. i will probably realise some early versions of it so people can still drive on some parts of it. when i get the route exported and working ill be able to start work on it. the plans are to start in Goulburn and build towards Sydney.

Cheers, Ryan.

if your merging two routes on your own computer you can not get done for copyright = if your releasing a route that is deliberately been designed with the intent of the downloader to merging it with another route this also is ok -

I'd like to thank someone who has helped me through out the process of making this dem. this person is a content creator and he made some builtin PBR textures for TRS19. in authers you can search up 'rudeFX' and look through his stuff.

This route isn't going to be easy, I'm working with a friends on it and the route will probably take up to 10 years. however i enjoy the process of route building and understanding signals and gradients more than actually driving, I'm not saying i don't enjoy driving though.

Onto the route. Top right is Gosford, i know ATD is making a route up around Gosford and i would like to merge my route to it and save time, but that is copyright and i would get into trouble for it. top left is Lithgow, bottom left is Goulburn and bottom right is Bomaderry. the middle of the route is Sydney, i think you understand which line is which now. i will probably realise some early versions of it so people can still drive on some parts of it. when i get the route exported and working ill be able to start work on it. the plans are to start in Goulburn and build towards Sydney.

Cheers, Ryan.

Nice work there Ryan, Thomas, Aaron and Graeme

I'm still working on backdating Redfern Station and the surrounding area. The more I look at some old videos, the more things I find need adjusting.

Here are a couple of shots that show not only the station, but a bridge with brick supports and the re-positioning of the Loco Dive exit.

SCREEN-REDFERN-4.jpg

The brickwork although taken from actual images, appears much lighter in TANE; so I may have to look for something darker,.... (or just live with it).
SCREEN-REDFERN-5.jpg

Next step will be stripping the platforms and then rebuild them.

Cheers,
Roy

Looking nice Roy, the scenery in that route looks great.
nice video taggy, I went and saw 3WB3 the other night, it always has NR’s on it lol. NR’s are a nice loco though.

cheers, Ryan

Thanks Ryan, all the credit for this beautiful scenery goes to Graeme. I look after the railway related things on this map with the stations being the only scenery I usually do. Sometimes I make very small adjustment to fit eras but the rest is the magic of the scenery master. :)

NR's (like most modern diesels) always bored me but as they get older, I appreciate them more and the insane Km's they do everyday.

Back