Australian screenshots

Kywong Branch NSW - Unusual Workings

Some unusual workings on the Kywong Branch NSW...

While the C30T's dominated the line, 50 classes were allowed. Extra seasonal wheat train for Belfrayden diverges of the main south at Uranquinty, heading past the combined home/distant signal. The lack of turning facilities at the destination, ensured tender first working with the empties is the order of the day. An early start is needed, to not interfere with the regular scheduled mixed that runs later in the day. Massive thanks to Elstoko for the recent RU Wagons variations. They look a treat! Pete and Bearcat's ( now NSWGR_46class) evolution of the standards goods loco family hold up well in TRS2019 too!

IpDyKYT.jpg

If3xlK3.jpg

In reality, I don't believe the ARHS's "Vintage Train" made its way onto the branch. Anything is possible with the Trainz programs... before the days of the brighter colours to locos and cars, 1219 and 2532 did historically haul the old pullmans around the state in the 1950s. Here, galloping through Belfrayden and over the Lockhart Rd crossing. Don't often see these Pete/Bearcat collaborated models posted here, but they're a little underrated. The 12 class looks fantastic.

Ij5CZZX.jpg

QsGywoh.jpg

The role of gangers and fettlers throughout our railway history is not often considered. On sleeper replacement duty at Bullenbung Creek Tank... while the usual facilities won't be required, the boys have just dumped some older sleepers and loaded up some new replacements. Awesome Fairmont Trike model by Phil of Weddin fame.

ixttYZq.jpg

xMuKCTC.jpg

With little, or sometimes no ballast, NSW branchlines did require periodical weeding! Here at Collingullie, "treatment" is well underway. The specialty vehicles for the train by Bearcat gives us a new perspective on recreating prototypical operations.

L2K8mdQ.jpg

NXNmLUu.jpg

Man, we have some talented creators. Thank you guys. :Y:

Last edited:
RYAN,
Incredibly well presented Chullora scenery plus the weathered NR class and the containers, almost looking close to being real.

I have an observation in that shot (Today, 01:27 PM) regarding the container flat. There is an 80ft container wagon just after the first of the front 4 container wagons. is that been released? The only model I’m aware of that’s on dls is
author: nswgr_46class, VR VQDW, although I wanted a better model than his one so I thought I’d question you on behalf.

Your signature is awe-inspiring thumbs up.
rest well stay covid free, your route building creativity always blings up with fine work.

Ranciderwrich

RYAN,
Incredibly well presented Chullora scenery plus the weathered NR class and the containers, almost looking close to being real.

I have an observation in that shot (Today, 01:27 PM) regarding the container flat. There is an 80ft container wagon just after the first of the front 4 container wagons. is that been released? The only model I’m aware of that’s on dls is
author: nswgr_46class, VR VQDW, although I wanted a better model than his one so I thought I’d question you on behalf.

Your signature is awe-inspiring thumbs up.
rest well stay covid free, your route building creativity always blings up with fine work.

Ranciderwrich

Hey Ranciderwrich, those are some wagons i reskinned that were originally 80ft spine cars and i have just put them into PN Livery and reclassed them to RQJW.
Thanks for your feedback on the scenery, much appreaciated :)

Hey Ranciderwrich, those are some wagons i reskinned that were originally 80ft spine cars and i have just put them into PN Livery and reclassed them to RQJW.
Thanks for your feedback on the scenery, much appreaciated :)
Ryan,

Sadly, I uh missed out on download links for th spine cars (in original condition). Reading back on Razorback railways website modeller Charlie Lear had produced those 80ft container wagon models and were originally on the website. Since then and now RBR website has then gone into discontinuation and apparently it was sold to another seller which was then hosted on rebranded site. Razorback Railways is retirement.

(Archive) wayback machine couldn’t locate those links for RBR content download either that the page isn’t archived or out of page existence. so unfortunately I got exempt and missed out on those content items.

If you don’t mind Ryan could I get the models in original condition if only you have a copy file that is. Only ones I needed to fit in with my mixed freighter in my route. I know for a fact that some ausfans on this forum tend to have cjlear’s 80ft container wagon models added to their routes as well as previewing screenshots too.

I adore you in the creativity of your making and progress.

Regards,
Ranciderwrich

G'day Ryan

Great shots you have got there mate, mind if I query you about a couple of your containers, the Woolworths and the Pacific National are they avaiable.

Cheers Joe.

Hi Everyone,
There have been some great screenshots Here lately.

I have just dropped in to say that my updated 'Southlines 2020" route is now on the DLS. I don't have pictures but I have started a thread in the freeware section for comments, criticism and advice.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...s-2020-An-update-of-an-older-Australian-route

Probably best to leave any commentary in that thread, but I would like to thank again all the people who have made content over the years which they have shared which I have been able to use.
Special thanks to footplatephil for his help and also Grazlash for showing on his thread how simple things could make an older route look better, I dont think I would have restarted otherwise.

Thanks everyone

Tom

Hey all,

For some time I've been slowly working out how Procedural track works and started off by modifying some VR 3ft6in 75lb/y track which was used by the Portland Cement Company Geelong and Yallourn Power Station I built for TS12 which I never finished, so I thought it'll be good to start off with this one before I try a bit more complicated.

Converted-Fyansford-track-from-TS12-to-T%3AANE-Pro..jpg

Cheers.

Huge thanks to elstoko... The U Wagon added to the already impressive range of NSWGR steam era rolling stock! Normal and dirty versions, operating doors, visible loads and potential to tarp as well.

Perfect for branchlines.

Gnefodx.jpg

2020-06-04_223711.jpg

V513 shunts its train at Healesville in the early evening sun.

2020-06-04_231238.jpg

With heavy train in tow, V513 works up the grade toward Tunnel Hill

2020-06-04_232327.jpg

V513 rolls forward across the crossing at Tarrawarra whilst shunting to pickup a U van.

2020-06-04_232817.jpg

V513 steams it's way toward Yarra Glen, and onwards to Melbourne.

Regards
Zec

Fantastic screenshots everyone, that route looks really familiar Norm. :p
Just a few shots of a NSWGR 60class heading an Illawarra excursion.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Towradgi

Fairy Meadow

cheers
Graeme

That would have to be AD6029 which we've ridden behind. Nice shots. Oh, talking of which do you have a whistle for it? There are 2 versions on the DLS and I don't think either has a working whistle? (Long time since I tried it).

Thanks Alikiwi, It does have a whistle, but I think I pinched it from an R class from memory. 3 versions on the DLS at present and this is the best looking of them.
cheers
Graeme

Back