Australian screenshots

Great shots Roy, it's so good to see Sydney as it used to be.
The shadows make all the difference Ryan, very nice.
Jacaranda Flats is looking really good Scott, hope it's not too far away.
Just a few shots of where we're up to with the Illawarra route. It's recovered well from the SP2 dramas we suffered.

Thirroul
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Park Avenue, Austinmer

Coledale Station

cheers
Graeme

Nice weathering Azza, looks like they've been working hard.
Just a few more on Goulburn Murray
South of Mooroopna

Working hard out of Murchison (Colbinabbin branch WIP)

Passing the borrow pit near Hammond

cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Graeme,

Those shots really showcase your talent for scenery. I can't wait for SP3 to be released so I can get my hands on that Catenary and have it looking even better.
Looking forward to Wombarra/Bulli shots mate!!

Some shots of the cockatoo run with a double header, 3265 and 3237 seen at Heathcote, Helensburgh, Otford, Scarborough and campbell Street on there way to Robertson.

Cheers, Ryan

Nice shots Ryan. It's all coming together. Keep it up mate.

Darling Harbour began with a blank canvas, then the basic trackwork was added (I may have to tweak it again) and now, to start on filling-in the gaps.
A view looking north from Pyrmont Bridge.
2018-07-09_172558.jpg

And another looking north-east towards the City.
2018-07-09_172747.jpg

Another, looking south towards the holding-yards, which were situated between Haymarket and Central. Paddy's market on the left.
2018-07-10_092012.jpg

They say 'Rome wasn't built in a day' and neither was my route.
Cheers,
Roy

A lot of nice shots this week everyone.
X50 and NR31 with grain empties changing crews at dawn in Albury yard.

On the way again on a cold, frosty winters morning

Over the crossing at Tabletop

cheers
Graeme

Hey fellas,
I know it's probably not the best thread to post this on but you blokes are more likely to have the answers I am chasing.
I'm looking at getting TS12 as i've already bought TANE but it doesnt run well on my PC, will the likes of the ARTC route and Goulburn-Murray lines work well on TS12 and also will the ATD and Vinnybarb content that has been released on the DLS/ATD website work ok?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Tom

Hey fellas,
I know it's probably not the best thread to post this on but you blokes are more likely to have the answers I am chasing.
I'm looking at getting TS12 as i've already bought TANE but it doesnt run well on my PC, will the likes of the ARTC route and Goulburn-Murray lines work well on TS12 and also will the ATD and Vinnybarb content that has been released on the DLS/ATD website work ok?

Cheers Tom
Hi Larco20 and welcome to the forums.
Unfortunately ARTC Main South and Goulburn Murray are TANE Deluxe only. Most of the ATD loco's and rolling stock are for TANE also due to scripting, however Vinniebarbs stuff should work ok in TS12.
cheers
Graeme

Hey fellas,

Cheers Tom

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum.

As Graeme has mentioned the routes were built in TANE and can't work backwards to TS12.

If we knew what your computer specs and video driver were, we may be able to point you in an alternative direction.

If you have a basic desktop with standard equipment, then you've got to disable background programs.

Do you run TANE with a security system running at the same time? If you do, this eats valuable memory that TANE needs. So switch it off.

You may find it could be changing a video driver or possibly to increase the RAM size.

Cheers,
Roy

Hey all,

I've been experimenting on a way to lay dual gauge track without the need to over lap two tracks on each other, first you lay the DG track over the route, second you select either BG or SG track and connect it, if it doesn't match delete and try again, then do the same with the other till you get it looking like this.

One thing is you won't be able to make dual gauge junctions, this is track to merge BG+SG into a single line, I'm working on a sample route and will get a beta out when done.
I'm also going to make some simple fixes to the old concrete tracks that are a mess.

Cheers.

Hi barisbeer (Ryan).
Love your wonderful shots in post #33933.
Could you please advise what track you are using.
Thanks
NickE

Hi Tom,
I am in the same situation as you. My computer runs TS12 like a dream, but stutters its way through Tane, too much to be able to enjoy the experience. Sad really, not everybody can afford a high spec gaming computer and that is what Trainz has become not just a game everybody can enjoy. The numbers on the forums are getting less and less, but I guess that's progress. This forum alone is very sparce now to what it used to be. Those that are still on do an amazing job, but the numbers are down. Makes you wonder.......anyway....
You will find providing you have reasonable specs, you have a multitude of items to keep you amused and be able to enjoy this great game as I do in TS12. (At this stage anyway, not sure for how long).
Vinnybarb, and Billegullas great steam locos all work fine in TS12 as do heaps of others. I have even been able to, (with minimal knowledge), get some of ATD awesome locos built for Tane to work in TS12.
I mess around with old routes, with the creators permission as I do not release them, or create my own so that keeps me amused without downloading the Tane routes. Having said that I would dearly love to be able to run Graemes routes.
Perseverance and patience and don't be afraid to ask mate. Although we are operating in the past someone will always help if they can. But above all else, enjoy, that is what it is supposed to be all about.
Cheers,
Baz (Ozzmo)

Thanks for all your responses fellas, Below are my current specs on my laptop:

• 15.6" HD LED Display (1366x768)
    Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Quad Core Processor 1.6GHz (3.4GHz 6MB L3)
    1TB Hard Disk Drive
    4GB RAM Memory
    NVIDIA® GeForce® MX130MX 2GB Graphics

My laptop has always managed to run Trainz 09 well and when I got TS12 originally it turned out to be the very base game, does the deluxe TS12 have the Wadalbavale-KB route ect on there or is that another job for the DLS?
    Also back when ATD first started I noticed that the first releases (Y-class, L class, X and so on) were made for TS12 and were still available somewhere, correct me if i'm wrong however.
    Again thanks heaps for your words of wisdom and hopefully I can contribute some screens to this forum soon.
    Cheers Tom

When I ran TANE on a i5 laptop with 4gb ram and 2gb gt820m, the one thing that improved performance more than anything, was moving up to 12gb ram. Everything works faster and smoother.
cheers
Graeme

Awesome mate, i'll look into a ram uprade and see what happens!
As for now i will stop pestering and let the screenshots keep rolling.

Cheers

Hey all,

Here's some more shots of the track and trains running it, I'm also working on improving LOD distances, I use Graeme's ARTC route as it's big which helps me work out the tracks performance.

This is the route that I said I'm building, I'm aiming at a basic Model Railway design.

Cheers.

Your track is coming up great Azer.

I've been looking to make some improvements on the north side of the Harbour, starting out with some new canopies for the two Milsons Point platforms. In addition, I've built new entrances to the station on either side of the SHB. All the textures have come from some original photos to keep things looking close to normal.
2018-07-19_124006.jpg

The western side of Milsons Point Station
2018-07-19_133000.jpg

The platform canopy and eastern entrance to the station
2018-07-19_124847.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Back