Australian screenshots

PGibbons, did the fully merged nsw main south line route of yours ever make it to the DLS by any chance?
Reason I ask is I can only run TS12 on my laptop, and was wondering if there was a route like the ARTC one that would work, and I quite enjoy the various branches and the Henty-Albury sections you made.

Cheers Tom

Y122 trundles along with the Wadalbavale-Lambley industrial shunt while in the Lambley grain siding X48, X36 & X33 await the shunts arrival so they can continue their journey towards the Wadalbavale Graincorp loading facility. (Note: These photos did appear on the Train Sim Downunder FB page a couple of weeks back, posting here now as I finally figured out how to upload pictures on the Forum )

Cheers Tom :)

37762540_10156466360078788_398149567192760320_o.jpg

37782788_10156466360088788_4760827696924065792_o.jpg

Last edited:
Well all those great shots and work kinda put me to shame. Still, I'm working on my first map, but the period of 1910 makes it hard to find suitable items, although engines and rolling stock are no problem. Judging by one photo I take it somewhere there is a platform that tapers on the sides towards the ends, as is so often the case when they are placed between the tracks. Where do I find it, has so far I haven't found anything suitable. Should mention I'm working on the Lithgow Zig-Zag, having done Mt. Victoria to Lithgow so far and planning on extending to Bowenfelds at least. So many of those old 'rattlers' I remember riding on a few, many, years ago! I'd post a photo but it won't let me upload :(

Most of the island platforms will be made of several platforms knocked together.
To upload a photo, go to the Trainz Gallery, log in and upload your pics. When you have uploaded, view the pic in full screen, right click and choose copy image location. You then open a tab to the appropriate trainz forum, click on reply to thread, then click on insert image on the toolbar rhs in the reply box. Right click on the blank typing line and choose paste then click ok. If you have done this correctly, your image will appear in the reply box.
cheers
Graeme

A few shots from me.

V94 arrives at Wombarra with a Dapto Service.

+

A Coledale resident inspects the DCT Trailers of V94.

Austinmer.

V94 crossing V74 at Thirroul

Thanks Graeme, An interesting photo.

I remember mainly seeing Empire Class flying boats taking off from Rose Bay when I travelled to work. The Rose Bay flying boat base was operational during the 1930s and in 1938, Qantas moved their operations from Brisbane to Sydney. This enabled them to provide a wider service which also included mail deliveries to all countries of the British Empire then on to London. I haven't seen any Empire Class aircraft on the DLS. I might have to chat with vulcan to see whether he has any not released as yet.

It was in 1955 when Qantas discontinued their flying boat service to Lord Howe Island and sold it to Ansett; which in turn continued until 1974.

Cheers mate,
Roy

3830 charges away from Thirroul with the Up Cockatoo Run.

Passing a Down Dapto Service at Austinmer.

and through Coledale Station.

Fantastic screenshots Aaron and Zac. Lots of activity happening.

Here's a few shots of the progress on my Sydney route.
I wasn't happy with the track laying in and out of Central, too many kinks and spline points, so it got the chop.

2018-08-07_130648.jpg

Before;... and after. This time the track, trackbed and catenary have been reset to the same elevated height. Supporting walls also got the same treatment.
2018-08-07_221612.jpg

New platforms and exit stairs for platforms 16 to 23, which now look much fresher.
2018-08-07_221706.jpg

Gosh I've laid some wire over the past few days.
2018-08-07_221732.jpg

All those people waiting on the platforms and not a train in sight. Just stacks of wires.
2018-08-07_222519.jpg

"The Fish" on its way to Central while a 'Red' double-deck Tulloch from the inner-west pulls into Macdonaldtown Station. (The phantom Sydney suburb since 1893)
Cheers,
Roy

Thanks guys. Its really coming along and I'm loving it! :)
Did those platforms make any difference Graeme?

Tracks are looking good Roy, the smoother the turnouts the better. Even slow speed turnouts can be done to have the trains move smoothly through.

So the advice was to go to Trainz Gallery and log in... Did that. Absolutely no sign of an actual gallery (of photos) or photos specifically. If it exists please tell me how to find it. My account shows no photos loaded, but doesn't give me the option to load, so I'm lost...

Hit F12 in game, click on the little tab top right that appears, then hit ‘upload’ and it should work :)

A day in the country, Greenethorpe to Koorawatha, route WeddinNSW.

An-early-memory.jpg

An early memory

Leaving-Greenethorpe.jpg

Leaving Greenethorpe

Unfenced-track%2C-farm-near-Greenethorpe.jpg

Unfenced track, farm near Greenthorpe

The-tight-curve-out-of-Koorawatha.jpg

The tight curve out of Koorawatha

One-to-many-a-schooners%2C-Koorawatha-pub..jpg

One too many schooners - the view from Koorawatha Pub

So the advice was to go to Trainz Gallery and log in... Did that. Absolutely no sign of an actual gallery (of photos) or photos specifically. If it exists please tell me how to find it. My account shows no photos loaded, but doesn't give me the option to load, so I'm lost...

You can quite easily see what screenshots you have taken.

Go to C:\ Users\ Owner \ AppData \ Local \ N3V Games \ TANE \ Build _ _ _ _ _ _ \ Screenshots

Also remember, that not all that are taken, drop into the Trainz Gallery.

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks Roy. I am in awe of yours! The density of your city scenery is fantastic.
Phil

Thanks Phil, I do it as I remember it. And that's my problem,... wanting to include so much but being restricted because of the limitations within the trainz program. I probably need to cull it back somewhat, because when you are running a train, you don't get the time to soak up every little piece of the scenery.

Someone told me many years ago when I was travelling through Europe, 'Don't just take photos with your camera because they are all split-second snaps, but spend a few minutes to take pictures with your mind because those images will stay with you forever." They were wise words.

It's now become a habit. Wherever I go, I spend more time soaking up the view.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Back