Australian screenshots

Great work Phil, I've glanced at the old Weddin NSW route. I notice the 720/620 Railcar, do you have a problem with the thing being slow to accelerate and impossible to stop?? Deceleration takes 2+ kms!

Great work Phil, I've glanced at the old Weddin NSW route. I notice the 720/620 Railcar, do you have a problem with the thing being slow to accelerate and impossible to stop?? Deceleration takes 2+ kms!

Thanks Alikiwi. The new version 4.0 of Weddin will be much improved over the TRS2006 version (I think). I have put many hundreds of hours into the upgrades. Currently I'm busy changing most of the near track billboard trees over to Speedtrees, based on photo's I have taken along the right-of-way..

On the 720/620... I use these during all my testing. As a kid I used to watch them go past my Grandmothers place on their way to Grenfell. They were pretty new then, and I thought they looked great! Re Davido's model, I haven't noticed any issue with acceleration, but speed always seems to be 75% of posted speed. Apparently the AI driver is quite safety conscious!
Phil

Chalmers Street is now closed and excavations have started for the construction of Central's underground platforms 24 and 25. In doing so, it's given me an opportunity to install a few pubs that were previously hidden by trees. On my upcoming route you'll see the 'Bounce Hotel', the 'Madison Hotel' and the 'Royal Exhibition Hotel, which are well known around the Surry Hills area.

2018-10-04_175603.jpg

A view from the Royal Exhibition Hotel, opposite the southern entrance to Central 16-23 platforms.
2018-10-04_175649.jpg

A view south towards the Dental Hospital and Bounce Hotel which overlook the construction dig.
2018-10-04_180023.jpg

Platform 23 provides a good look over the excavation.
Cheers,
Roy

Thanks Graeme. Really nice shots on your Geelong route mate - it's coming along nicely.

By the way, what tracks are you using in the yard (Pic #3) ? It looks like there is a mix of tracks laid. At the tail-end of the X Class consist, the track may not have rendered completely for the shot.

I had to play around with various tracks on my route because the definition would totally disappear after a train length, even though I had the draw distance set at 10000.

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks Roy, they're Zecs broad guage tracks and unfortunately are the only tracks available. They do have some serious rendering issues at times.
cheers
Graeme

Hi Graeme,

I can build you a set of mixed sleeper tracks, I've also got updated concrete tracks done up which I'll put on Victrainz for testing as I've come up with some DG track idea's for easy building on very long straights, as for the mixed sleeper, which configuration do you want, 1 timber sleeper for every 4 concrete or 1 concrete for every 4 timber?

Cheers.

Spending a little more time on the eastern side of Circular Quay.

Back in the 50s, building taller had just been invented in Sydney. So it was fairly common on a ferry ride to work, to see a new construction site with a crane dominating the skyline.

Circular Quay was still heavily commercial and there were a number of wharves fully operational among the bustle of passenger ferries coming and going.

Here's a couple of progress shots.

2018-10-08_044535.jpg

2018-10-08_044636.jpg

Cheers,

Roy

Graeme and Roy, great shots there fellas!

A pair of commuters go about their business as Tangara set G9 coasts downgrade into Austimer on a Dapto service.

Thanks Graeme, look forward to it.

A busy scene at Thirroul with 3 Down trains present. V88 has arrived with a Dapto service while G10 is on the back platform with the connecting Port Kembla local. Quad 86's rest in the Down Refuge waiting a path to Inner Harbour with a loaded Coal train.

The throaty growl of a VP185 engine isn't a common sound along the South Coast Line. However in the advent of Main South closures, XPT's can be diverted via Wollongong.
In the scenes below, we see ST22 making her way to Sydney via Wollongong after changing Pilots at Thirroul.

The South Coast Line has never looked so good. Well done Graeme. Great shots Aaron - the XPT does fit in very nicely.

Great work Ryan. Keep at it mate.

Decorating Sydney from an earlier era can really bog you down and the worst thing - it stops you playing with the new Trainz version.

Particularly when you've got hundreds of photo albums to work with and you try to make it look somewhat authentic just from black and white images. Each day I've been looking at a different section of my route mainly to break the monotony, ripping things out and replacing them with something different - So it's currently looking like a cats breakfast

I've also found some of the models I'd made initially were not up to the standard I'd like, so these are being redone again. Here's a few pubs I've been working on.

2018-10-11_045350.jpg

2018-10-11_045234.jpg

Although this has been a tougher challenge than what I first thought, it's not impossible. I'll get it done - one chunk at a time.

I have found Trainz to be a great hobby - It gives everyone the same opportunity to be creative and to push themselves, just a little bit further each time.

Cheers,
Roy

Great work Roy we all can use sum more Aussie buildings mate well done, Not sure if i'd take a truck under that bridge of yours Taggy LOL shortest 4.4m i've ever seen mate nice work though the route is coming along nicely.
Cheers Mick.:)

I wouln't even try to take a truck up that road at all Mick, its a laneway more than anything. :hehe:

Back