Australian screenshots

Hey all,

I need some help with this bogie, I don't actually need it for any of my projects, I'm building it because it looks interesting and someone may be able to use it on something, it's a NSW 2AS, what I need is some photos of the brake linkages so I can model them properly and that's pretty much it :)

2as_zpsgqmoxrs6.png

Cheers.

A little more scenery work on Taggy's Sydney route. I'm creating 'blocks' of housing which can be placed in selected suburbs. A couple of screenshots so far,...

<<<snipped>>>

Cheers,
Roy

Roy, what are the terraced houses you're using in your screenshots? They are just the thing I need for a route of mine. I can see the NZ houses, but what are the others please? :)

There called
terrace houses - NSWGR_46Class
Type: Buildings / Structures | Version: TS2009 | KUID: <KUID:73150:100869> | Filesize: 177.09 kb | File Type: .cdp | Downloads: 1207
workmans cottages - NSWGR_46Class
Type: Buildings / Structures | Version: TS2009 | KUID: <KUID:73150:100868> | Filesize: 131.17 kb | File Type: .cdp | Downloads: 1442

Original model by Ad602000
Roy, what are the terraced houses you're using in your screenshots? They are just the thing I need for a route of mine. I can see the NZ houses, but what are the others please? :)

Have been cross-checking my research with not only my own signals but Nat's as well and wow his work was accurate! I was lucky enough to find a document online with fairly detailed information but no engineering drawings unfortunately but I feel as if I'm getting the hang of teaching myself how to build shapes and objects. It's a slow process of double and triple checking sizes and distances. I want these to be perfect. Managed to get a lot of "basic" items done so building complete signals is a lot quicker now.
The next challenge will be texturing then the dreaded task of scripting, will defiantly have to get help (thanks for the idea Matt) as I want these to be sort of 'modular' in what you can add/take off however I'm not sure on the viability of that.

Pyp6FRY.png

Thanks
Michael

You've done well so far Michael, they look great. Nats were very good and scripted well bar one thing. When you have Controlled 5asp signals before a 6asp turnout signal, the preceding one should show Caution (if the turnout is top yellow only) or Medium Caution (if the turnout is double yellows). Nats show caution for both, little thing but a erk for me nonetheless. If you wish, I can look through my stuff for my signal training modules that might help you script and understand them.

You've opened a can of worms now mate, there are SO MANY different colour light signals in use in NSW but I really look forward to seeing these progress! lol :)

There called
terrace houses - NSWGR_46Class
Type: Buildings / Structures | Version: TS2009 | KUID: <KUID:73150:100869> | Filesize: 177.09 kb | File Type: .cdp | Downloads: 1207
workmans cottages - NSWGR_46Class
Type: Buildings / Structures | Version: TS2009 | KUID: <KUID:73150:100868> | Filesize: 131.17 kb | File Type: .cdp | Downloads: 1442

Original model by Ad602000

And the two townhouses, the yellow and white ones in the second screenshot?

Will have to see if i still have the gmax file for these little houses and pump out some more

Well i hope ya can find the file Dave we could certainly do with sum more of those for sure. Roy seems to be putting them to good use.
Mick.:)

Well i hope ya can find the file Dave we could certainly do with sum more of those for sure. Roy seems to be putting them to good use.
Mick.:)

Thanks Mick, I appreciate your comments mate.

I've spent several days moving westwards from Newtown into the 'Dunmore' (err,... Stanmore) area. Taggy prefers Dunmore to Stanmore. Strangely enough, this has become a little more challenging over what I have been currently working on. I've had to scrap a few ideas which I thought might look okay, only to opt for a simpler solution. Here's a couple of shots of the WIP.
2016_10_16_001601.jpg

2016_10_16_001650.jpg

2016_10_16_001800.jpg

2016_10_16_001934.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Looks good Roy, cant wait to get my hands on it to go for a tour. Remember, the names are chosen at random as the trackwork doesn't always follow a real life location. The "Dunmore" location is nothing like the real life and I chose that name as we no longer have a Dunmore in use on the South Coast. ;)

A couple of D classes on a special SRV shuttle between Southern Cross and Williamstown.
3faf7832af8d295293e6f2b1e4f3a5f6.jpg

Later on, RM58 arrives with a separate shuttle from Laverton.
9b0b68250fdcc75af7dd1171d8eeab8a.jpg

http://www.robx1.net/index/fileagjy.htm has an interesting set of pics one of which has them on and under a flat which appears to show you need to redo the brake linkages as they appear to go under the cross member in the center of the bogie and the fulcrum is much smaller than yours http://www.robx1.net/index/t_nswbge.htm another handy page

Hi Pete,

I already know about this site as I've been visiting it allot over the year, I'm mainly after photos that show around the bolster area between the frames so I can also model the brake hangers, I'll make the *fulcrum* smaller, also speaking of NSW bogies, with the XCL bogies is that white or silver down the center sides?

http://www.robx1.net/b576_600/b598_17.jpg

Thanks,
Cheers.

Back