8201 (Class Leader), 8229, 8232 Haul Empty Coal Train through Toongabbie
C140ADE4D0BF88660DFBA471DA5C46888671FE8A

Same locos at Seven Hills
AEB89337380FE545B633EF1F9D3FC4B3B89718B9

Another Look at Seven Hills

Thats all I have Cheers,
goingtobegone (vfernandez)

Hi All

Some great sceenshot's lately :) Some where in South Aus :)

Rob's 502 class

Just adding this shot with shadows :) at half way :)

Poul :)

Last edited:
Nice screenshots Steve.

By the way, I don't suppose you could share the Town Hall Walls showing the Logo mate ? I used AJS Subsurface Walls and Columns for Town Hall which looks okay, but you can't beat a good looking logo to set it off.

Cheers,
Roy

If you notice N222 it is a different Catenary system Vfernandez is asking about, not Davido's one
cheers steve
Correct I am looking for a Catenary system like Davido's but a bit different like I saw in a vid showing a route on the WIP Wolli Creek- Kingsgrove I think that's what it's called.

NSW Town Hall Wall & NSW Tunnel Spline 17 B Single See Through, No Electrical Trough
https://we.tl/jjEARjTwOj
Regards steve

Thanks Steve for the Town Hall Wall & Tunnel splines. I do appreciate it mate.

Lately, I've been busy on another Sydney project. Taggy kindly asked me to add a little scenery to his up-coming Sydney Map, which will be totally different to my recent Central & City Circle route. Taggy's route is still a WIP and it's only in the early stages of construction at present. Taggy wanted to create a well designed layout for people who love to run their NSW rolling-stock. The route will run from Central Station westwards and it'll cover a number of various stations. The track-laying and catenary is second to none and I believe everyone will love to have this route.

However in the meantime, everyone will just have to wait.

Here's some early shots of Newtown Station.

2016_10_08_144700.jpg

A view from the Eastern bridge looking West towards Newtown.
2016_10_08_144629.jpg

And, another view from a trackside factory with a train pulling into the platform at Newtown Station
2016_10_08_144557.jpg

If any person has any ideas that they feel could be included in the layout; or maybe they want to create some assets themselves, such as typical Inner-West housing and shop-fronts, which would make interesting 'view-points' along the route, please let Taggy or myself know.

Cheers.
Roy

Thats good Roy will you build up to Strathfield or continue on? Im working from Emu-Plains to Strathfield and its starting to take shape.

Hi everyone, some really good shots lately. Newtown looking good Roy and Taggy.

Containers at dawn in Barnawartha
6c53139447d7805ce3019c43ebc1d4b8.jpg

SSR goods coming into Nimmitabel
f22d0198cf80c1179d756c0c939d5db3.jpg

The Rock at dawn
019439307b970e5573df11630253c096.jpg

5eec383b9454de5a40159185eb2cc0d1.jpg

Taralga
ba3a83425fec7ad90a63bacc015aa989.jpg

cheers,
Graeme

Thanks Graeme, I do like your early morning shots and the shadows give it greater realism. Keep it up mate.

@ vfernandez: Taggy has already set the route,.. the tracks are laid and I'm just there to add some scenery.

I've got to admit, Taggy has applied artistic licence to this route, so it's going to be a surprise.

Cheers,
Roy

If you notice N222 it is a different Catenary system Vfernandez is asking about, not Davido's one
cheers steve

Must be a new member among us here as i didn't know we also had a n222 here, Hopefully he will be better behaved then H222 :hehe:.
Nice pic's all keep em coming.
Mick.:)

Thanks for the comment guys.

Ive been sitting on this map, plus it's extension for a few years now unable to finish it due to my lack of scenery placing skills. Roy has very kindly agreed to place it for me with the vision of releasing it (when it's finished) to the community.

I must stress, this route is a FICTIONAL route however, I do tend to get my track ideas from real life locations. The station names are a mixture of both made up and real life place names. This section is a short distance Sydney style suburban line, with a fully functional yard at the terminus, a stabling yard and a maintenance centre for shunting.

The extention map covers medium distance Urban runs under wire and long distance Country runs using diesel trains. From start to finish, this line will take around 2 hrs to drive or 40" for the urban runs.

I think we can all agree Roy's work is brilliant and I can't wait to see what else he comes up with. :)

Thanks for the comment guys.

Ive been sitting on this map, plus it's extension for a few years now unable to finish it due to my lack of scenery placing skills. Roy has very kindly agreed to place it for me with the vision of releasing it (when it's finished) to the community.

I must stress, this route is a FICTIONAL route however, I do tend to get my track ideas from real life locations. The station names are a mixture of both made up and real life place names. This section is a short distance Sydney style suburban line, with a fully functional yard at the terminus, a stabling yard and a maintenance centre for shunting.

The extention map covers medium distance Urban runs under wire and long distance Country runs using diesel trains. From start to finish, this line will take around 2 hrs to drive or 40" for the urban runs.

I think we can all agree Roy's work is brilliant and I can't wait to see what else he comes up with. :)

Thanks Taggy,

While we are in the mood, here's a taste of another section of Aaron's route in the Holsworthy region.

2016_10_09_065851.jpg

Australian Army Base on one side of the station with residential and multi story parking for commuters.
2016_10_09_065751.jpg

A delivery of tanks, armoured personnel carriers and transformers are being unloaded at the Army Base siding.
2016_10_09_070123.jpg

Still a WIP at Holsworthy. The electricians haven't been in to install the catenary on this section of track. That consist will have to wait awhile.

Cheers,
Roy

Hi all

Does anyone have trouble downloading some of Natvanders stuff from the DLS? I wanted to get the Caution and Clearance boards (for speed restrictions) and it says its unavailable.

Yeah, I have had problems downloading his content quite often. And sadly, alot of it are things that I need in my route building endeavours.

Hey Guys,

I've been searching the DLS for typical small suburban houses, that you would see on the outskirts of Sydney, similar to the ones shown below. I'm looking to add these to Taggy's new Sydney route.

Does anyone know of any assets on the DLS that would fill the bill?

OR,

Has anyone created any assets of Sydney or Melbourne houses (built around or before c.1900) stored away in your private collection.

I would appreciate any feedback, thanks.
Newtown_Homes_01.jpg
Newtown_Homes_03.jpg

Newtown_Homes_04.jpg
Newtown_Homes_06.jpg

Newtown_Homes_08.jpg
Newtown_Homes_09.jpg

Newtown_Homes_05.jpg

Cheers, Roy

I started to do some but getting good clear square on front images without the front fence is the problem.
Hey Guys

I've been searching the DLS for typical small suburban houses, that you would see on the outskirts of Sydney, similar to the ones shown below. I'm looking to add these to Taggy's new Sydney route.

Does anyone know of any assets on the DLS that would fill the bill?

OR,

Has anyone created any assets of Sydney or Melbourne houses (built around or before c.1900) stored away in your private collection.

I would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Cheers, Roy

Back