Australian screenshots

Haha sorry Rod. I've been busy and I forgot about your post.

It is the Maribynong river bridge, however I skinned it to match the 'Westwood' retaining wall series. (Which is what the retaining walls are). I also removed the track that was attached to the bridge, opting to lay it freehand, which was much easier with the dual gauge rail and all

Jamie
That's all right mate, I know where you were ;)
Ok if you can reskin the brick walls in red brick and the bridge supports in "old" bluestone? Because although I have not been through there for a long time, that's what I remember. Or are the Westwood retaining walls restricted or otherwise fixed?
Cheers
Rod

Dear Peter and Mark,
I said (in part) and Peter quoted
"Nothing further came from this group, as nobody on the mainland supported them"
Peter then said said

Thats a nonsense Rod, Most creators concentrate on what they are familiar with and know, therefore very parochial, as they were. More likely because the models were payware and the group to the best of my knowledge did not release any freeware as a sweetener, thats their right. The only freeware TGR stuff ever released was from a guy very early on who's name escapes me and myself and an upgrade of one of my models for a later version of TRS by Billegulla. I'm happy with my later NSWGR stuff after my skills improved somewhat, but my forays into other operators rollingstock were not overly happy as you have many people giving advice from different directions and often contradictory. Plus not having an advantage of where to find good resources about what you are modelling as opposed to knowing where to look for familiar stuff

cheers
Pete.

Mate think on it the quote is not nonsense because read it again,
"Nothing further came from this group, as nobody on the mainland supported them"..... That is what actually happened :(
Hello Peter
You have misunderstood me. With our long association at VicTrainz and with the earlier 38 Class project, I understand where you are coming from. Their is a difference between building rolling stock and Locomotives and Buildings than to build maps.

If good Tasmanian maps were available to run these TGR engines would Trainzers go there? This is the gist of my post.

Because their are good QR maps out there why do we ignore them here? In Tasmania Geoff McDougalls stuff was SG and although I did ask him, Geoff declined to change them to 1067 mm gauge.

Is the same thing happening in QR territory, with a lot of rolling stock made in SG and others in 1067mm?

Peter your models always arrived quickly and as you pointed out misinformation and arguments amongst your helpers did not help much. But the stuff was quickly in game, and you were one of the few builders who did not mind going back into an old project to fix up errors. Your 38 Class was a prime example. It looked fantastic in version one and just kept getting better over what 2 or 3 versions?

Now that you have left VicTrainz and seem to be working with just one very observant Bearcat I believe your stuff is giving even more enjoyment to all of us.
I just need to know if I can remove all the duplications from the 1854 Kuid as that is becoming a pain.

I suppose I have hurt S301 as well, (Sorry Zec) But I would dearly love to see the Tasmanian engines rebuilt to moderrn standards, as in its 2004 guise it still appeals to me as the best. And I dont mean that others are not great too. But their is only one gold medal in my book.

Been a while since I posted... This is my work in progress, Albury to Violet Hill. Started this several years ago, however comp crashed and only started working on it recently:

Wodonga looking in the up direction

Mark who I have included here appears to live in Brisbane! How is it that he has shown us North East Victoria looking so good in its early stages?
Fortunately Mark did post and I am using him, now as and example of what I was trying to say ;)
This is what I was talking about! Why run Wadalbavale day in day out, just as if you had it out in the shed on timber supports when you go run Magnificent QR and NSW maps with little if any extra cash output?

This all started because many fine posts from other States, never attract attention from New South Welshmen or Victorians.
Why not reply to a QR post instead of ignoring it? You might even encourage the builder to continue with it.
Victorians pat themselves on the back, and so do the New South Welshmen. Lets removes the shades and enjoy and encourage others in the World of Trainz

Mark these might help
http://tinyurl.com/llz3333 Google map tutorial

http://tinyurl.com/m6yfeht Albury to Violet Town

http://tinyurl.com/nxl5vl3 North East Victoria infrastructure

(Mark if you a member of Victrainz you will see these. If not send me a PM and I will work out how to get them to you. Their are 600 pics of buildings from Tottenham to Albury in one place)
Apologies Forgot how to name the link
Cheers All
I am not putting people down, just asking you to take the blinkers off and enjoy the sites around you :D

Rod Young

Last edited:
They been putting that funny stuff in the water again up your way Rod ?. Cause i didn't understand any of what you just wrote LOL.
Cheers Mick.:hehe:

I am going to start by saying that I am a one eyed New South Welshman (more one eyed than most) if it did not or does not operate in the NSW not really interest.

The duplication of items under both my kuid and the Victrainz was a deliberate choice. All of the stuff I am releasing is mostly to TS12/10 standards is stuff I want to see in trainz and stuff I want to play with. To me I see the DLS more as a backup device than a way to share content with others. In realty if I was to upload an item, to the DLS and nobody downloaded it, not my issue but it would be there if I every needed a copy.

If I was to update an items of Peters to the newer standards making it work in TS12 and the placed it on to the DLS under the old kuid it could in theory then break it for all the people using the older format version with out a problem and I see it a bit rude forcing people to use a newer version of trainz just because I made the choice to.

We also chose carefully which items we were going to update and released as part of the DLS clean up and which we were quite happy to leave to the community to fix if they wish and if some of these they just die a natural death so be it.

The backward capability of content is something that is causing a lot of issues, I get at least 10 emails a week from people asking for releases of 2004 or 2006 versions of items on the DLS that are 2009 or higher versions. Or emails from people wanting to get help as they downloaded items and wanting it to work in a different version than that it was release for (how some of these people are managing to download 2009 items into 2004 but then do not have the skills to get it workings still has me stumped). Some of the emails I got because I chose to release the PTC tullochs sets as 2012 content and not 2009 as per the others totally stunned me, as to me, they were just my reskins backed up to the DLS.

Now that you have left VicTrainz and seem to be working with just one very observant Bearcat I believe your stuff is giving even more enjoyment to all of us.
I just need to know if I can remove all the duplications from the 1854 Kuid as that is becoming a pain.

Rod Young

I am going to start by saying that I am a one eyed New South Welshman (more one eyed than most) if it did not or does not operate in the NSW not really interest.

The duplication of items under both my kuid and the Victrainz was a deliberate choice. All of the stuff I am releasing is mostly to TS12/10 standards is stuff I want to see in trainz and stuff I want to play with. To me I see the DLS more as a backup device than a way to share content with others. In realty if I was to upload an item, to the DLS and nobody downloaded it, not my issue but it would be there if I every needed a copy.
Apart from being one eyed NSW, which is my whole point. Why are you not enjoying Trainz in QR or SAR? But again being a Victorian always puts me at a disadvantage when dealing with the Premier State, doesn't it :D
The bits about older versions are all good points :) I guess I should just un tick all the boxes, leaving just trs12, when searching the DLS ;)
I think I might just stop posting and go away. I can understand the kids not having a clue, but I am saddened when older Trainzers fail to understand where I am coming from. The person who prompted me to write now knows I understand how he feels :(
Cheers
Rod

Havn't we had enough of the "Oh i can't have it my way so i'm leaving post's" whats not to understand about Dave's post Rod if he only has an interest in NSW stuff then so be it why cant he do what pleases him most with HIS OWN TIME. I swear to god if i read one more " I'm leaving post's or thread's" I'm gunna pack up and leave and never come back LOL, Just kidding folk's i aint leaving and NO I AM NOT A BULLY.
Cheers Mick.

Mate I am totally one eyed its bit like saying content requests to Peter fall on deaf ears. LOL
I do have to limit myself as to not download the whole DLS as it would be easy to become a content hoarder.

Apart from being one eyed NSW, which is my whole point. Why are you not enjoying Trainz in QR or SAR? But again being a Victorian always puts me at a disadvantage when dealing with the Premier State, doesn't it :D
The bits about older versions are all good points :) I guess I should just un tick all the boxes, leaving just trs12, when searching the DLS ;)
I think I might just stop posting and go away. I can understand the kids not having a clue, but I am saddened when older Trainzers fail to understand where I am coming from. The person who prompted me to write now knows I understand how he feels :(
Cheers
Rod

Ghosty's NSW_conctk_HD nearly done.

Last time I will be showing in this current state prior to a few more touch up's before export.

This proved to be quite a challenge, sorry about the lengthy wait.

Marty

Thanks bear & Mick, even though I now have a screen resolution of 2560 x 1440. I still can't see up close when detailing, might need another 3 screens stacked together (which will make way for mi-grain headaches).

At Chuffbuff, are you sure those concrete sleepers are the correct width? They look a bit narrow to me.

Good point, I knew something was slightly a miss too, but left it alone. I thoroughly sifted through the web searching for pre-stressed conc sleeper dimensions (nothing exists). What I did manage to find useful were drawings depicting 12 variety's of pre-stressed/pre-pandrol conc sleepers which are used globally, judging by many image's (birds eye & side views Ghosty sent) I could only use guess-timations of the width and compare it to the type of sleeper which showed all sides in the drawing. Here's the earliest WIP before I applied smoothing which obviously made it look slim. What I have is pretty close, but not to the exact representation.

Cheers

Marty

One for the West Aussies, L251 on it's maiden run (excuse the bogies, not up to them yet!)...
b1f2f022b007b1a4e2cd7e1cbf23bfdd.jpg

39ad1c549b03b6e5731f24b4dac5dcf2.jpg

Thanks bear & Mick, even though I now have a screen resolution of 2560 x 1440. I still can't see up close when detailing, might need another 3 screens stacked together (which will make way for mi-grain headaches).

Excellent work with the tracks there, Marty, looking good :eek:.

Re seeing better details on your screen, I use a 40 inch HD TV as a monitor, best tool to view close up details. These are very cheap now to buy.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Excellent work with the tracks there, Marty, looking good :eek:.

Re seeing better details on your screen, I use a 40 inch HD TV as a monitor, best tool to view close up details. These are very cheap now to buy.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Thanks Herb, yeah I see most HD tele's now come with Duel-link DVI ports, how is it on frames ? I might one day consider it after my next system upgrade.

Awesome, thanks Pete, I greatly appreciate this.

Cheers

Marty

Back