Australian screenshots

Jake, you make a fair comment; us content creators have a life outside trainz and have already their own projects or other peoples projects on the books.

I will consider some former QR locomotives for Tasrail in future, but at the present until all my current projects are completed. That prospect is highly unlikely. I shall keep people to date on my progress.

Regards

Michael Gitsham

G'day

I have seen you post this many times across the forum. Content creators are very busy people. Most are working on projects of their own and cannot drop everything to make something else. Please be patient.

Cheers!

Jake.

Beaten Davido :hehe: Looks great keep up good work... Cheers

Is David working on a G/BL Class? I did not know that as I hate to double up on other creator's existing work. I normally create only what has not been created before for Trainz, like the AN, CLP, LDP, CSR and Bradken Classes, the many UGL and now the DL Classes. I could have made some very detailed NR Class locomotives many times over in the past as I took very detailed pictures of the NR Classes in Alice Springs when living there for about 10 years. I even climbed 2 times on top of these (with the driver's permission, who was my neighbour in Alice Springs) to take pictures from the roof there. Recently, a couple of months ago, right outside my place in Peterborough SA I also took pictures again of these NR Classes, when PN decided to park a whole empty rail/sleeper/whatever train with 1 new painted and one nearly new NR Class for nearly a day right smack outside my back fence (with gate in it) on the double (overtaking) spur line there, where usually opposing traveling trains wait for their counterparts to pass.

Guess who's camera was running hot of getting very closeup pictures of the whole train? I must have taken some 300 pics or more of all that was needed to know from a content creator's point of view of these NR Classes. There and then I was itching to create these lovely and unique NR Class bogies I like so much and very nearly started creating these as a test project.

Just to be sure about the G/BL Classes, I looked at the DLS and Davido's web site and I could only find a few of these G Class reskins made from Uncle Rob's early (UTC/Trainz) days on the DLS, hence my decision to create one. There were none of the BL Class there.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Last edited:
Jake, you make a fair comment; us content creators have a life outside trainz and have already their own projects or other peoples projects on the books.

I will consider some former QR locomotives for Tasrail in future, but at the present until all my current projects are completed. That prospect is highly unlikely. I shall keep people to date on my progress.

Regards

Michael Gitsham

Jake and Michael,

You both make fare points and I myself, is one to know as I have been a victom of this to. I am currently working on the BBL ( Beaudesert Branch Line ) and am flat out trying to work on it. I already have a heap of DEMs for other routes I will create and I don't wan't gimmipigs comming along and asking how long it will be before it is released or when they can receive a beta. If you are going to create a route, you might as well do it properly. A good route is a route that isnt rushed. A bad route is a route that is rushed, same goes to content.

Regards

Dylan Bondarenko

Jake and Michael,

You both make fair points and I myself, has been a victim of this too. I am currently working on the BBL ( Beaudesert Branch Line ), I'm flat out trying to work on it. I already have a heap of DEMs for other routes I will create and I don't wan't gimmipigs coming along and asking how long it will be before it is released or when they can receive a beta. If you are going to create a route, you might as well do it properly. A good route is a route that isn't rushed. A bad route is a route that is rushed, same goes for content.

Regards

Dylan Bondarenko

Rewrote it to make sense.... Also a good comment is a comment which isn't rushed, a bad comment is one that's rushed

Last edited:
G,Day Guys I Don't Want I Need Highly Detailed TasRail Loco's. And What Locos I Need To Create are The MKA Class, ZP/ZR Class, D Class And The DQ Class In Maroon/Yellow And The Yellow/grey. But I Got Know idea How to do Them And I got Gmax And Ive Seen The Totorials And all Of That, And Great Question NSWGR_46Class.....

Cheers Alex(cyrene009)

Last edited:
Is there some National Day of illiteracy I'm forgetting? Come on guys, school is compulsory in Australia, so use what you should have learnt, and that also goes for use of language. Alex, you neither 'need' nor 'want' anything, because people don't like it when people demand things, especially Trainz content. You would 'like' highly detailed TasRail locomotives of the classes you specified. You are not the center of attention here and, at least from my point of view, using 'want' and 'need' are the unbecoming verbs of a gimmie pig vocabulary, which only 'wants' and 'needs' me to press the 'ignore posts' button.

Tim

Wow what a sight today... Well today i went dirt bike riding on the old coal loading facility at Swanbank. Anyway, the highlight of the day was seeing an old C17 come out from the shadows and fire up. It was quite a sight, i'd never seen one before and this one was a beauty. This C17 and 1616 worked a special (i suppose) to Box Flat and back to Bundamba with about 8 carriages in tow. Boy it was good to hear the horn of 1616 and the whistle of that C17.

I'd suggest to anyone going out there and having a look, it is well worth the while to see them and if you're lucky like i was today, you can catch them in action. Besides if they're not operating you could always look at some of the wagons they have out there, there's a few QLX's, a VJM, VHO, and numerous other rollingstock. Perfect for content creators or re-skinners, or anyone wanting to do some train spotting.

Thanks,

Pat

Last edited:
Is David working on a G/BL Class? I did not know that as I hate to double up on other creator's existing work. I normally create only what has not been created before for Trainz, like the AN, CLP, LDP, CSR and Bradken Classes, the many UGL and now the DL Classes. I could have made some very detailed NR Class locomotives many times over in the past as I took very detailed pictures of the NR Classes in Alice Springs when living there for about 10 years. I even climbed 2 times on top of these (with the driver's permission, who was my neighbour in Alice Springs) to take pictures from the roof there. Recently, a couple of months ago, right outside my place in Peterborough SA I also took pictures again of these NR Classes, when PN decided to park a whole empty rail/sleeper/whatever train with 1 new painted and one nearly new NR Class for nearly a day right smack outside my back fence (with gate in it) on the double (overtaking) spur line there, where usually opposing traveling trains wait for their counterparts to pass.

Guess who's camera was running hot of getting very closeup pictures of the whole train? I must have taken some 300 pics or more of all that was needed to know from a content creator's point of view of these NR Classes. There and then I was itching to create these lovely and unique NR Class bogies I like so much and very nearly started creating these as a test project.

Just to be sure about the G/BL Classes, I looked at the DLS and Davido's web site and I could only find a few of these G Class reskins made from Uncle Rob's early (UTC/Trainz) days on the DLS, hence my decision to create one. There were none of the BL Class there.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

No he's not, probably he have stopped create for trainz I think but for now so long no hear what he's doing. All good you're doing normally create your own locomotives it's fantastic.. I'm just saying your doing better create a modelling the locomotives in your 3D Max for trainz. :) I love your locomotives...

Cheers

Jason

@Pat, that would be NOT a C17 but a PB15 - 448 which is owned by Qld Pioneer Steam Railway. She has the standard QR Whistle ; "Riverboat" which was common on locomotives such as the B17, B15 Converted, C16, C17, PB15, C19 and B18's

I have got some great photos of their rollingstock a while back in the compound. I have made them for a user some while ago but has heard nothing since back from him regarding if he wishes the content for his route. I shall release them shortly with PB15 448.

Regards

Michael Gitsham
Qld Heritage Railways

Wow what a sight today... Well today i went dirt bike riding on the old coal loading facility at Swanbank. Anyway, the highlight of the day was seeing an old C17 come out from the shadows and fire up. It was quite a sight, i'd never seen one before and this one was a beauty. This C17 and 1616 worked a special (i suppose) to Box Flat and back to Bundamba with about 8 carriages in tow. Boy it was good to hear the horn of 1616 and the whistle of that C17.

I'd suggest to anyone going out there and having a look, it is well worth the while to see them and if you're lucky like i was today, you can catch them in action. Besides if they're not operating you could always look at some of the wagons they have out there, there's a few QLX's, a VJM, VHO, and numerous other rollingstock. Perfect for content creators or re-skinners, or anyone wanting to do some train spotting.

Thanks,

Pat

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Nothing to do with other creators per-se, but some helpful (hopefully :) ) info on the G class. Apart from different shape windscreen and extra windows at the back of the cab (doors :p ), the C class cab view by Uncle Rob is internally quite accurate for a G. So long as you don't mind the C class shaped windows and cab front, and the cab door windows at the back, this would be a suitable cab view for your G/BL :)

A good SD40-2 sound wouldn't be too far off for one of these as well IIRC. :)

Hope this helps :)

And don't forget the whistles Zec :) Most G and all BL Class had the same whistles. I am away in my van if someone could link the correct engine sound, whistle and cab, I am certain it would save Vinnie some time :D
And Vinnie I think their are better whistles for these modern engines as well as the DL. I forgot to post but I though others would already have mentioned this to you :D
Cheers
Rod

Hi Rod,

Victrainz has some hornsounds in storage which is suitable, think they where made by Pete, might have to look at them again.

I'm also working on a G Class 1st series enginespec, been at it for a few months, I'm only lacking brake cylinder data, I've also modeled field shunting when you each 50kph.

For the enginesound you want something close to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN33dXTuHnw only sounds I know of like that are the 710G3's on DLS, all the 645E3C's don't make a sound close enough to the above video.

Cheers.

Thanks,

Pat

Hi Pat,

That has given me a idea now and I think I might head out there. That would have been a PB15 actually that you sore. Although yesterday there was a steam train sunday into Brisbane with C17 #974. That's what I originally thought until you mentioned the diesel. It made me think that QPSR have restored there C17. I can see why it was quit a highlight to you and I might even take my dirt bike out there for a bit of fun.

-Cheers

Good afternoon,

Just something I have been working on to compliment my QR Sunshine Express Carriages & Sydney Mail Carriages which are due to be released shortly.
QRCommissionersCarriage561Trainz_zps3572c0c0.jpg

With Regards
Michael Gitsham
Queensland Heritage Railways

Back