Australian screenshots

G'day mate. What bridge is that in your second screenshot? Looks perfect for a nice long bridge on the Ballarat line.

Also, 3D or Speedtrees would look a lot better than those old billboard trees if your computer can handle them :) the replace asset tool makes the process pretty easy

Also, Steve, you'll have to be more specific than that mate. KUIDs will help

Jamie

Hi Jamie the bridges are two track or single track just search my kuid 45335 on the DLS you will find for on their two are KUID2:38000:1 and KUID2:45335:38001:1 AS for the trees I have 70 kilometres for trees to plant along the route. The track is thru all scrub except for near the ports. The route is not about the scenery but about getting trains down the Hatfield range which has one the steepest rail descents in Queensland. So as you can see I have many trees to plant and adding them one at a time would take me forever.

Hi Jamie the bridges are two track or single track just search my kuid 45335 on the DLS you will find for on their two are KUID2:38000:1 and KUID2:45335:38001:1 AS for the trees I have 70 kilometres for trees to plant along the route. The track is thru all scrub except for near the ports. The route is not about the scenery but about getting trains down the Hatfield range which has one the steepest rail descents in Queensland. So as you can see I have many trees to plant and adding them one at a time would take me forever.

Hi Peter, planting trees one at a time can be quite tedious and sometimes you've got to use splines for the background sections.

Another alternative is to copy and paste sections of work you've already done into new baseboards. This works if they are on the same ground level. If you do this for the horizon, it can save you considerable time.

Good luck,
Roy

THanks heaps glt0145.

Bit of a WIP at the moment. The huge, red bridge over the Melton Weir on the Ballarat Line. If you guys are wondering what my entire route plan is it's here

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Jamie :)

THanks heaps glt0145.

Bit of a WIP at the moment. The huge, red bridge over the Melton Weir on the Ballarat Line. If you guys are wondering what my entire route plan is it's here

Jamie :)

Great screenshot Jamie. I like building routes that start off from a bridge.

It looks like you've got heaps of work in front of you. Which direction are you heading? lol :eek:

Cheers mate,

Roy

All the hardest trackwork is done. Melbourne-Ballarat and Melbourne-Geelong is done. The rest is just about all single track and small towns.

Jamie

G'day all.
There's been some nice shots lately, keep up the great work. Unfortunately all of my recent shots hosted on Postimages are gone and not visible on the forums any longer. Also had an unfortunate run-in with T:ANE, resulting in corruption of Taggy's route as well as two of my own and despite my best efforts they weren't recoverable and backups are corrupt as well. They look great in surveyor but not a thing there in driver, not even a baseboard.
While I am waiting for the next patch to come out so I can start building again, I've been trying to make some sessions for my Main South route. The first one is the Intercapital Daylight from Seymour Loop to Albury with the twist that it's your practical Evaluation for Driving exam as well. Life was full of surprises as a "Big Wheel" assistant back then.

Scenes: Approaching Mangalore, Mangalore, Avenel, BG / SG cross near Monea, Reedy Creek near Locksley, Longwood, Creighton, Euroa, Benalla, Winton, Glenrowan, Alumatta and Wangaratta, Springhurst, Chiltern, Barnawartha, Wodonga West, Wodonga through Coal Sidings, Murray River Bridge, Murray River flats, approaching Albury South signalbox, Albury Platform 1.
Hope you enjoy and apologies for the poor sound quality in places.
cheers
Graeme

xwmexo67f
xwmexo67f
Screen_Shot_2018-04-18_at_10.05.35_pm.png

Hey guys haven't been sharing screenshots for long. Here we have a PN Grainie leaving Wadalbavale after a crew change with locomotives 8210, 48130 and 8175

82/81/48/48 depart Harefield with a loaded grain. Is there an 82 class PN for TANE as the current one from Worrybrook isn't working.

2018-04-19_222645.jpg

82/81/48/48 depart Harefield with a loaded grain. Is there an 82 class PN for TANE as the current one from Worrybrook isn't working.

I've got both of Davido's 82 class ,.....
<kuid2:60723:84:3> NSW 82 Class<kuid:60723:100185> NSW PN 82 Class 09

and both function well. I also checked the Worrybrook site and the download is working.

2018-04-20_141538.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

G'day all.
There's been some nice shots lately, keep up the great work. Unfortunately all of my recent shots hosted on Postimages are gone and not visible on the forums any longer. Also had an unfortunate run-in with T:ANE, resulting in corruption of Taggy's route as well as two of my own and despite my best efforts they weren't recoverable and backups are corrupt as well. They look great in surveyor but not a thing there in driver, not even a baseboard.
While I am waiting for the next patch to come out so I can start building again, I've been trying to make some sessions for my Main South route. The first one is the Intercapital Daylight from Seymour Loop to Albury with the twist that it's your practical Evaluation for Driving exam as well. Life was full of surprises as a "Big Wheel" assistant back then.

Scenes: Approaching Mangalore, Mangalore, Avenel, BG / SG cross near Monea, Reedy Creek near Locksley, Longwood, Creighton, Euroa, Benalla, Winton, Glenrowan, Alumatta and Wangaratta, Springhurst, Chiltern, Barnawartha, Wodonga West, Wodonga through Coal Sidings, Murray River Bridge, Murray River flats, approaching Albury South signalbox, Albury Platform 1.
Hope you enjoy and apologies for the poor sound quality in places.
cheers
Graeme

A great video Graeme. I really enjoyed it mate. Your trackwork is spot-on and the countryside can't be faulted. The video editing

Just one query: There seems to be a level-crossing bell that rings loudly on several straight sections of track without a level crossing to be seen for miles. It's possible that another consist may trigger a crossing somewhere else on the layout, which can be heard across the route. This happened on 7 or 8 occasions and there is probably a good reason for it.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Thanks Roy, as I'm finding it difficult to find a reliable photo host I thought I may as well post a few videos. The ATLS crossings will send me to the nuthouse eventually, yes, you can hear every train hitting every crossing even when it is at the other end of the route. I tried to limit it by having the bells stop when boom is lowered, but it's still too much. I'm also trying to solve the audio problem and will record the next one with the nVidia recorder and see how that goes. What I hear on my PC is not the same as on the recording, so there's pops crackles and skips being added somewhere.
Nice shots Oren. Glad to see someone enjoyiing my route. You might try opening the 82 class for edit and reverting to original, as mine work fine too.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Its downloading and installing fine but it showing as faulty. I've tried downloading a fresh copy from Worrybrook but still showing faulty. But ah well.

Thanks Roy, as I'm finding it difficult to find a reliable photo host I thought I may as well post a few videos. The ATLS crossings will send me to the nuthouse eventually, yes, you can hear every train hitting every crossing even when it is at the other end of the route. I tried to limit it by having the bells stop when boom is lowered, but it's still too much. I'm also trying to solve the audio problem and will record the next one with the nVidia recorder and see how that goes. What I hear on my PC is not the same as on the recording, so there's pops crackles and skips being added somewhere.
Nice shots Oren. Glad to see someone enjoyiing my route. You might try opening the 82 class for edit and reverting to original, as mine work fine too.
cheers
Graeme

Hi Graeme, I'm still using 'Postimage.org' - it was down for a day but still working so far. I guess the most reliable host is 'Trainzgallery' but a little fiddly.

I thought the bell may have been a crossing that was sharing the sound across the route. I had the same problem when I was attempting to put station announcements on my Sydney route. I was finally able to isolate them to a specific session; and fortunately I didn't have any crossings on my route.

Do you know whether it is possible to change the distance that sound travels on the ATLS crossings to maybe 'local' ? If the config can be adjusted then it could solve that issue.

By the way, I did have another look at your video and you've really done a great job on this route. Top class mate.

Cheers,
Roy

Back