Australian screenshots

Thanks for the nice comments Mick, Aaron, Graeme, and Ryan.

I've been tidying up some of the models that I'll be using on my Sydney layout. I spotted an earlier image of the 'First and Last Hotel' ,... and I guess it all depends on what type of spirit you like best.

2018-10-12-174157.jpg

Cheers,

Roy

2018-10-12%20225817.jpg

2018-10-12%20230257.jpg

2018-10-12%20230422.jpg

2018-10-12%20231403.jpg

2018-10-12%20231612.jpg

A few shots of D1 508 under threatening, and later stormy, skies on a heavy timber train from Healesville.

Zec

All very nice and impressive. Whilst not in the same category, and set around 1910, I have finished the NSW Zig-Zag to about as accurate as I can get it.
Zig-Zag-Railway%2C-ready-for-launch..jpg

Thanks Alikiwi. The new version 4.0 of Weddin will be much improved over the TRS2006 version (I think). I have put many hundreds of hours into the upgrades. Currently I'm busy changing most of the near track billboard trees over to Speedtrees, based on photo's I have taken along the right-of-way..

On the 720/620... I use these during all my testing. As a kid I used to watch them go past my Grandmothers place on their way to Grenfell. They were pretty new then, and I thought they looked great! Re Davido's model, I haven't noticed any issue with acceleration, but speed always seems to be 75% of posted speed. Apparently the AI driver is quite safety conscious!
Phil

Just for the record, I have discovered that setting the 720's enginespec to<kuid:60723:1157> (same as 620) in the config.txt file fixes the %75 running speed issue. Now my favourite consist can zip along at the full 40 km speed limit with prevails over much of Weddin.

Leaving-Nanami.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Much more activity lately - the screenshots tell the tale.

Nice work there Zec, Aaron, Graeme, Phil and Alikiwi. Keep it up guys.

Sydney has been a bit slow lately.

A good tip Phil for the NSWGR 720 Class. We can't have them not running to timetable. Why didn't I think of that ??

Cheers,
Roy

I'll have to look into that Phil, as when I'm driving it (at 100kph), I have to back off the throttle over 1 km out, as its 16 seconds before it drops the first 1km/hr!

Down the Zig-zag at 100 km/h. Must be quite a ride :eek: :D .

I don't know about down, or quite 100km/h, but I have heard reliable stories of up beside Bell's Line of Road, doing at least 80.

Um, I mean, I've no idea what at all you're talking about...*cough**cough*

(Good thing 1072 is an express passenger loco.)

Nice work as of late, it's been a while since I last posted a pic. Here we have a loaded PN grain passing through the town - Banrockburn:
PN-Grain.jpg

Cheers
David

trainfan2017.
Hi David.
The detail in the screenshot above is one of my absolute favourites. I've been back 3-4 times just to study it more.
I'd like to emulate your vineyard - but don't recognise the vines. Could you tell me what they are - and the texture you use so effectively to create your realistic impression.
Appreciate it.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Love your work
Cheers
NickE

trainfan2017.
Hi David.
The detail in the screenshot above is one of my absolute favourites. I've been back 3-4 times just to study it more.
I'd like to emulate your vineyard - but don't recognise the vines. Could you tell me what they are - and the texture you use so effectively to create your realistic impression.
Appreciate it.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Love your work
Cheers
NickE

Thanks for your comments Mick & NickE:)

NickE, In regards to the vineyard it is a spline - FMA Summer vines 30m 37155
As for the texture that is under it I used - TS12-614174-Grass-Grn-grnd

Cheers
David

Thank you David for getting back to me.
Unfortunately a search for TS12-614174-Grass-Grn-grnd doesn't come up on the DLS

Again - many thanks
Cheers
NickE

Thank you David for getting back to me.
Unfortunately a search for TS12-614174-Grass-Grn-grnd doesn't come up on the DLS

Again - many thanks
Cheers
NickE

NickE, It's a Payware Asset by TUME - <kuid2:82412:614174:1> TS12-614174-Grass-Grn-grnd

Cheers,
Roy

Back