Australian screenshots

Hi Y112,

Yes, it's a long term project along with the other SOP cars and other steel body cars in Victoria.
Screenshot-88.png

Hi All, does anyone happen to know of a good asset or good assets to use for the Hornsby maintenance Centre sheds.

cheers, Ryan

Hi guys. Now reached Margaret River and commenced testing several wines from the area. So far they are all good.

The 'Indian Pacific' trip ?.... Well, there was a rockfall at Glenbrook so that section of the track was closed. We were diverted via Goulburn and the Riverina then to Broken Hill, Adelaide, Cook, Kalgoorlie and Perth.

I truly feel sad to report, that the quality of track for a good percentage of the trip, really needs a good overhaul. This was the roughest train ride over 4 days, that I have ever experienced.

After travelling on trains in many parts of the world in total comfort, we were disappointed with the Aussie experience being tossed around like a rag doll in southern NSW and several sections of SA and WA. Very difficult to enjoy a meal, with drinks spilling across the dining table and then having a shower without getting bruised was near impossible. Many fittings within our Gold Class cabin were loose and to reduce the noise factor, we were obliged to squeeze wet-wipes and tissues into the openings.

As a comparison, commuters of our Sydney rail service (say the A Sets) are fortunate to enjoy an extremely quiet and smooth ride. It would be nice if our long distance train services could be improved.

Anyway, we'll get over it and move on.

Cheers,
Roy

Enjoy Roy, see if you can get to Collie, Dwellingup, Bridgetown or Pemberton, lots of rail history there.

Thanks scratchy, We travelled through Bridgetown earlier today and arrived in Albany this afternoon.

On our way back to Margaret River in a few days, I'll see if we can check it out.

Cheers,
Troy

Yes yes, I know, been awhile, blah blah blah :p
Some progress from the VGR...

J549 on the regular 1030 pass ex-Maldon

Bendigo-Maldon Road
2019-04-14-133133.jpg

Pipeline Road
2019-04-14-133931.jpg

Winters Flat
2019-04-14-144837.jpg

Martins Road on the return working
2019-04-14-171849.jpg

Muckleford Arrival
2019-04-14-174157.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Wonderful screenshots everyone. It's always good to see new Aussie material happening. Keep it up guys!

My trip to WA is drawing to a close in the next few days, so I hope to get back into my route again, this time with renewed vigour.

Cheers,
Roy

new 2800 skins

2822 aka cumstain and 2816 lead an up Cairns to Brisbane intermodal train No. 6798 through Railway estate in Townsville
unknown.png

Beautiful screenshots Kyle, Tim and Erik. Keep it up guys.

After getting back from WA I've been looking to make some long awaited models to add to my Sydney layout.

One of them was the Queen Victoria Building situated opposite the Sydney Town Hall. However the size of the model is 60,400 polys and 9.1MB. It took 3.5 mins to load into TANE, so,.... I guess it will be stored on the shelf instead.
QVB.jpg

I also had a go at the Sydney GPO in Martin Place, which has a size of 6,385 polys and 3.4MB. This is not as congestive as the QVB, however it will be a toss-up whether I include it, along a tram-line or not.
GPO.jpg

Even the small Cenotaph in front with it's minimal detail is nearly 3,000 polys in comparison to the GPO.

Maybe I should stick to 'basic' modelling instead and run a few trains.

Cheers,
Roy

Kingsford Smith International Under construction
VTu6NFY.jpg

MXWqabH.jpg

Exceptional work Steve, are the aircrafts driveable when released could it also be used as an active airport industry so that when the planes comes in it actually can transport loads of passengers as well as cargo and logistics for the aircraft hold?
Question, is this airport based off in Sydney?

Cheers,
Lspdyiu :)

Back