Australian screenshots

So far they'll only be drivable. Found the model on some scraps of a Russian website (Bustrainz.RU, now defunct). Website and asset liscence say that the asset is "Free. No liscence".
There's an artic. variant and some other subtypes. I can easily do some STA, UTA and pretty much any O305 livery. Deane's Southtrans is gonna be up next, followed up by Veolia. Sadly i can't find any sort of right-hand drive variant, so we're stuck with passengers emptying out onto the road for now.
Thanks for the compiments though, the busses when done will likely be released onto the DLS or my website with new components to make sure I'm not just stealing someone's content that they lost long ago.

I'm thinking of having a lower-poly static variant using some other MB O305 models out there that are currently just scenery assets.

Here's a few more out on the Main West.
Between Orange and Borenore early morning
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Coasting through Borenore

cheers
Graeme

@Griffinjim, there is a right-hand drive model of the MB O305 bus as a static scenery item on the DLS, including in Sydney Transit versions and even a Transperth reskin, but I don't know how easy it would be to convert those to a driveable form (would probably need some alterations to give it 'bogies' for the wheels and an actual visible interior, to say nothing of making it passenger compatiable).

Despite my train obsession I do have a soft-spot for this particular type of bus, as they were used extensively here in Perth for decades, my brother actually owns an ex-Transperth O305G artic that's he's restoring - Transperth number 486. :D

Yes, the Mark IVs. I'm working on some reskins and drivable variants of thebigman's O405NHs, with permission, and I'll see if I can ask to do something similar for them.

An N on one of the last Broad Gauge trains to Albury is cruising down into Avenel, north of Mangalore and Seymour

TRS22_NXTmSwVutL.png

Beautiful shots, especiallty that Swing Door! The modelling on that is insane, it's the closest we can really get to a fully functioning Swing Door in real life.
Is there a release planned or will it just stay private?

Something a bit different! A Connex Southtrans Mercedes Benz O305 on my 2001 Sutherland Shire route. Everything is private, for now.
Connex-O305-wandering-about-Sutherland.jpg
view_media_post

view_media_post
Hi Jim, Nice looking model. Just one thing I noticed!
If buses drive on the left side of the road in 'Aussie-land', then the passenger doors should be swapped around to the other side. Can you change that in your model?
Cheers, Roy

It's an eastern european model i found on some scraps of bustrainz.ru, not mine. Liscence says it's completely free to use, but sadly I have little to no modeling expertise, so it'll have to keep the right hand doors.
Speaking of, now I've completed the Deanes Southtrans O305!
southtrans-o305.jpg

Some fantastic screenshots here. I have really admired H222's recent shots, and the others on this page are also outstanding.

Phil

Back