Australian screenshots

Thanks Zec- nice shot!!

Meanwhile in North-Western Victoria, a more minamalistic approach to the provision of a goods service: a Y, a single wagon (doubtless superphosphate), and the obligatory Z constitute the Down Patchewollock.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The half buried track is a feature of the line - in even the shallowest cuttings 'drifting up' was a constant problem as the incessant wind dropped it's load of sand. Earlier in the line's history the problem was constant, partly due to completely inappropriate agricultural practices imported from wetter, greener lands - specifically harrowing and fallowing, the twin practices leading to exactly the same problems as created the American 'dust bowl' of the early twentieth century, but also as a result of the railway's own early attempts at mitigation which completely misunderstood the problem: The wind dropped the sand in cuttings because the air pressure lowered as the 'void' was crossed, and attempts to sort the issue by building miles of 'sand fence' simply served to lower the air pressure in the lee of the fence even more, resulting in even more sand dropping out of the wind exactly where it wasn't wanted. Later attempts to solve the problem by growing trees and shrubs along the railway reserve worked better, but the best result of all was as the 'sand fences' fell into disrepair, the resulting 'lattice' structure actually worked really well, so the dilapidated fences remained in place long after they might otherwise have been removed....

Lecture over!

Later the same day, the Up Patche was caught crossing the Hopetoun-Patche Road just north of the previous location...

Andy ;)

Last edited:
Great shots everyone! The Patchewollock line is looking very nice Andy.
A few shots from session testing.
Nebo Colliery shuttle

SSR Grain empties west

cheers
Graeme

Off Topic:
Got my DVD from ARHS NSW V3 mentioned in this forum, got a phone call after it was sent to tell me V4 is now can be purchased on USB stick for any one who wants it.

Loaded Runtime at the moment waiting for 11,161 files to load, you have to copy it all to a HD for it to work

Tom

Fresh off the boat, R713 and R723 charge up the North East mainline with a combined Albury pass, seen between Bowser and Springhurst
2021-09-27-220049.jpg

2021-09-27-220340.jpg

2021-09-27-220621.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Burroin. There's not a lot to it really!

When I was a kid we used to drive Melb to Mildura fairly regularly and Mum played a game where she referred to the landscape as 'mamonal', it took us a few trips to work out that she meant 'mile after mile of not a lot'.

The upside is that it makes for quick (if boring) route building....

Andy ;)

Last edited:
Looking great Andy. At least we have silo art to keep us occupied on that drive now. Shame we don't any artful silos in Trainz yet...

Cheers Graeme

Hey Guys,

For the past year or so I've been working on the Melbourne-Seymour North-East Line as it was in the mid-late 1970s, in what I consider the VR's heyday. It was, if there was one, the VR's flagship main line to Sydney and crossed The Great Divide on its way to Seymour from the coast, and from 1962 onward was a 3 track mainline as the Standard Gauge alignment followed the North-East line for much of the trip. As I'm sure many of you can imagine after seeing some screenshots, the trackwork has been the biggest challenge so far but has been an awful lot of fun and I'm hopefully almost done with laying tracks and will be far further into scenery than I am currently.

Future expansions may include the Mansfield Line, plus I have the Upfield Line, Williamstown Line, Port Melbourne & St Kilda Lines almost all done as well. There are likely going to be 8 suburban lines (Sandringham, Port Melbourne, St Kilda, Flemington Racecourse, Upfield, Essendon, St Albans, Williamstown + the line to Werribee)

There has also been some custom scenery created in conjunction with the route and these will be released in good time at some point as well.

Pics

Seymour
Scenery around Broadford
""
""
Jolimont
Flinders St
Melbourne Yard
North Melbourne
Jolimont Pilot

I'm also hoping to put a few COVID Stimmy Cheques towards a new PC so I can actually crank my graphics settings up and take some nicer shots on this route

2021-09-27_193630.jpg

2021-09-21_060623.jpg

2021-09-21_061044.jpg

2021-09-21_134023.jpg

2021-10-01_032400.jpg

2021-10-01_031937.jpg

2021-10-01_031952.jpg

2021-10-01_032155.jpg

2021-10-01_043233.jpg

Continued in next post

Last edited:
..continued

Ideally, if/when this gets finished I intend on doing an 80s/90s and modern version of this route as well, but we'll see how burnt out I am by that point. I also have a grand plan to merge it to another Trainzer's 70s era Geelong Line to simulate some epic grain tonnage and (hopefully (fingers crossed)) a great multiplayer map with A LOT of industries and passenger stations to serve :eek:

The quality of content that has been released in Australia's Trainz community over the last couple of years is nothing short of phenomenal by all the groups like ATD & Hotbox (including these gorgeous 92 classes I'm beta testing for Barisbeer) and to see the Bairnsdale to Orbost Route built-in to the next version of Trainz is outstanding for our community (that I'm proud to have worked on in a minor way to help out my good mate Tom).

Kilmore East
Kilmore East Railfan Curves
Heathcote Junction (The Summit)
Cragieburn
Jacana Flyover
Jacana (on the Albion Goods Line)
Bunbury St & Dynon

Cheers guys
Jamie

2021-10-01_015103.jpg

2021-10-01_015133.jpg

2021-10-01_015711.jpg

2021-10-01_021808.jpg

2021-10-01_022627.jpg

2021-10-01_022723.jpg

2021-10-01_024609.jpg

Impressive work! Especially those yards must have taken an immense amount of time! On this last shot, is that the track someone recently released with rusted ends?

Impressive work! Especially those yards must have taken an immense amount of time! On this last shot, is that the track someone recently released with rusted ends?

It’s S301’s VR trackset. There is 60lb and 80lb variants in both broad and standard gauges

In a few shots recently I have noticed V/Line Sprinters (particularly in Jamie's (H222) magnificent shots above).
Are these Sprinters available?
I can't seem to find them listed.
What are they called?
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
NickE

K145, still in its pre-modified front end condition but with modern ACN tender, goes for a spin on the Springhurst turntable. Having run up from Wangaratta with an empty ballast train, the loco would continue running up the North East mainline tender-first to the Berambogie Ballast dump for loading before returning to Wangaratta.
2021-10-01-165246.jpg

Cheers
Tim

In a few shots recently I have noticed V/Line Sprinters (particularly in Jamie's (H222) magnificent shots above).
Are these Sprinters available?
I can't seem to find them listed.
What are they called?
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
NickE

Hi, the sprinters are unreleased betas of mine. They will be released when they are finished.
2021-08-13_221134.jpg

2021-08-13_220457.jpg

2021-08-13_221022.jpg

Thanks, George

Back