Australian screenshots

Thanks Mate, I don't know how to add clutter affects to my photo, I thank you for your feedback and i'm glad you liked it.

kind regards,

T

Back to the 1950s when Redfern Station had a pedestrian walkway attached to the western end. I happened to find this old photo and naturally, it inspired me to start to create something similar.
pedestrian-walk-redfern.jpg

There was nothing uniform about it's design, with bits added here and there.

Early days so far. One section of the closed-in walkway.
Redfern-walkway.jpg

And the open section.
Redfern-walkway2.jpg

In addition, I've been working on some concrete walls, overpass earth fill, with and without fences, which I'll use around Central.
walls-fences-and-terrain.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Hi Roy.
Back in May you showed us some Terrace Houses you were working on, plus some Servo Driveway entrances and some more house driveways.
Any chance these will be added to your very useful collection of scenery stuff on the DLS?

Really appreciate your work - and the the inspiration.
Cheers
NickE

Hi Roy.
Back in May you showed us some Terrace Houses you were working on, plus some Servo Driveway entrances and some more house driveways.
Any chance these will be added to your very useful collection of scenery stuff on the DLS?

Really appreciate your work - and the the inspiration.
Cheers
NickE

Thanks Nick, I have a pile of stuff that I am working on now which has priority. I'm re-doing Eveleigh yard, Redfern, Darling Harbour yard and Central Station areas on my route which entails different trackwork, signals, tunnels, etc, as well as, a number of buildings and houses, that I am back-dating. I'm literally rebuilding it from scratch.

When I get my head above water, I'll review what assets I've built, make any modifications and then release the updated versions.

I'd like to complete what I started before I leave this life. I don't think they have Trainz in heaven.

Patience is a virtue ,... someone said. Hang in there! Nobody said anything about how to overcome the aging process.

I'd better get back to it.

Cheers,
Roy

Hello from France,

always a magic work , and your footbridge will certainly be a "must be" on all maps...

Thank you for the great work !!! Friendly , Marc

Back to the 1950s when Redfern Station had a pedestrian walkway attached to the western end. I happened to find this old photo and naturally, it inspired me to start to create something similar.
pedestrian-walk-redfern.jpg

There was nothing uniform about it's design, with bits added here and there.

Early days so far. One section of the closed-in walkway.
Redfern-walkway.jpg

And the open section.
Redfern-walkway2.jpg

In addition, I've been working on some concrete walls, overpass earth fill, with and without fences, which I'll use around Central.
walls-fences-and-terrain.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Hi Roy,

Those ped bridge kit look profoundly awesome there I guess you’re planning to add spline attachments to connect with stairs to the bridge kit later on. When released is the fixed track asset going to include the following aspects: height-adjustable, secondary rotation, etc.
Have you finally managed to fight out the case in regards to your street kit assets on solving how to allow secondary rolling on another axis? Additionally, do you also plan/intend to build a refuge island (a pelican ped based xrossing consisting of a safety refuge margin between the road) and a roadsign ti go with it as part of the street kit?

Sidewalk—————Road———Refuge———Road—————Sidewalk

In addition to the miscellaneous assets in the 4th screenshot they’ll come practically handy for building flying junctions or flyovers for retaining trackwork on my route.

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Hi Roy,

Those ped bridge kit look profoundly awesome there I guess you’re planning to add spline attachments to connect with stairs to the bridge kit later on. When released is the fixed track asset going to include the following aspects: height-adjustable, secondary rotation, etc.
Have you finally managed to fight out the case in regards to your street kit assets on solving how to allow secondary rolling on another axis? Additionally, do you also plan/intend to build a refuge island (a pelican ped based xrossing consisting of a safety refuge margin between the road) and a roadsign ti go with it as part of the street kit?

Sidewalk—————Road———Refuge———Road—————Sidewalk

In addition to the miscellaneous assets in the 4th screenshot they’ll come practically handy for building flying junctions or flyovers for retaining trackwork on my route.

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Thanks for the support mate. As you can see from the screenshots, there are spline point attachments for connections and I can assure you they are height adjustable. Also, you would not want secondary rolling on this particular asset like the Leaning Tower of Piza. People walking on it would fall off. lol.

Evidently you may have missed some earlier posts I made in this thread regarding my street kit. I mentioned starting from Post # 34596 that I was uploading some assets to the DLS and quoted the kuid no's. Posts following also showed any updates.

And mate, I don't plan to build refuge islands or pedestrian crossings or road signs. There are plenty available on the DLS;... or maybe you might like to try your hand at modelling some. The reason I started modeling was because there was not a lot of Australian-designed buildings and structures available - There are plenty of Aussie rolling stock, track and signals, but not a lot in the other department. And I'm mainly doing it to complete my route.

Cheers,
Roy

Hello from France,

always a magic work , and your footbridge will certainly be a "must be" on all maps...

Thank you for the great work !!! Friendly , Marc

Thank you Marc for your kind words.

It was your artistic and creative work mate, that inspired me to put what skills I have into practice.

Thank you again.

Cheers,
Roy

Here's a shot in Surveyor mode of a section of the Redfern footway and stairs leading down to the platform.
At this point in time, there will be 5 assets to make up the overall ;.. one set of stairs, two styles of footway and two wall/fence panels. The stairs and footways can be attached via spline points, but the fences are separate.
redfern-steps1.jpg

And then in Driver mode.
redfern-steps.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Hi Roy.
Thanks for getting back to me.
I was looking for an indication that they will be released, as some of your previous work didn't make "release stage".
As I've always done I'll go ahead and place unsuitable assets knowing they will be replaced when the right ones are released.
Last week I replaced a range of footpaths, driveways, garages and some fences in a residential area with the "right assets" from your collection - and
the scene now looks as I hoped it would.
I'm sure there are a few of us doing this "Trainz Thing" in the hope we can get what we are doing well down the track before age catches up with us.

You remain an inspiration, and your generosity in sharing beyond your own needs is very much appreciated.
Thank you.
NickE

Nice work Roy the way your going with this content creation caper soon you wont be route building any more as you'll spend more time creating stuff for the route you don't have time to build cause ya too busy making content for it lol, Keep it up mate the stair case's look like they will fit into a lot of routes for any era.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Nice work Roy the way your going with this content creation caper soon you wont be route building any more as you'll spend more time creating stuff for the route you don't have time to build cause ya too busy making content for it lol, Keep it up mate the stair case's look like they will fit into a lot of routes for any era.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Yeah, you're right Mick. Each time I start to work on my route, I notice something that could be done a lot better.

It only takes a couple of Google searches or some YouTube videos of cab runs around Sydney and the next thing I'm working on another item I hadn't even thought about yesterday.

I'll just have to spread my time a little more evenly in future.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Yeah, you're right Mick. Each time I start to work on my route, I notice something that could be done a lot better.

It only takes a couple of Google searches or some YouTube videos of cab runs around Sydney and the next thing I'm working on another item I hadn't even thought about yesterday.

I'll just have to spread my time a little more evenly in future.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Wish i could go back in time to when you first started on your route compared to now when you spend more time creating content then building lol, The force's have taken hold Roy at the very least sum one else may have a easier time creating Sydney now since you have made so much content for it mate.
Cheers Mick.:)

Hey Roy
Worst part i find in doing all these assets is going back and forth testing them out to see if they fit and then going through all the sketchup assets on the computer hard drive to find them again to edit them,,, there are thousands of assets,,
With the Sydney Harbour Bridge i must have loaded it into Trainz thousands on time alone,,
I remember being awake at 3 am setting the RSJ's in on the bridge and it took months day and hours,,, but i know Roy everytime you make something you hope people like it and you smile at your creation,, keep up the good work Roy,,,
Cheers Stephen

Hey Roy
Worst part i find in doing all these assets is going back and forth testing them out to see if they fit and then going through all the sketchup assets on the computer hard drive to find them again to edit them,,, there are thousands of assets,,
With the Sydney Harbour Bridge i must have loaded it into Trainz thousands on time alone,,
I remember being awake at 3 am setting the RSJ's in on the bridge and it took months day and hours,,, but i know Roy everytime you make something you hope people like it and you smile at your creation,, keep up the good work Roy,,,
Cheers Stephen

Last week I was in Sydney for a few days and I was standing at the Luna Park jetty under the Harbour Bridge. I began to soak up the enormity of Bradfield's dream.

I looked up and I immediately thought of the incredible detail, that you Steve, had put into creating this particular model for Trainz.

I know it isn't easy. You come up with an idea that actually becomes a challenge you make to yourself, to complete something that will appeal not only to you, but to everyone.

AND, you did it mate. You are an inspiration to us all.

Cheers and thank you,
Roy

Hi Steve,
Back to the project model you built before about the SHB, It is outstanding still but on the bridge peak or summit on the top arch it is missing a red beacon as well as significantly historical cranes in which the workers used to construct SHB when it first opened in 1932.

The SHB N - S Entries, I must admit they’re good and accurately built but for one thing the northern road entry curve of the pylons are slanted including the trackwork as well. The trackwork itself remains levelled whereas some roadways are to be gradually sloped. I have traveled past over the SHB both by train, bus & car and can observe the differences of the roadwork and trackwork according to your models built.

(Tane) It didn’t give me any trouble to when I build the mighty structure on my own. I used an alternate moving object tool(ctrl + move tool) to neatly place each of the SHB assets and they fit in nicely. Some of them appear to be clones of the same asset just thought I’d mention it. Quick Question, does anybody own Pyrmont bridge and or Luna Park assets to compliment for my route? If so pm me thanks guys you’re the best railwaymen enthusiasts keep on showing pride in your work remember no sleep time always work.

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Steve and Roy have certainly created some great content which add realism to NSW and Sydney Based routes.

Ive used as many as possible in my Sydney Metro route particularly around the city & City circle. While Ive not places much scenery apart
from that directly related to the railways, stations, road bridges etc etc, it is gradually getting there.

The route is based on DEM data and Google Earth images so I could get the infrastructure as close as possible in topology and orientation.
I'm now updating all of the signals with Ranger_51 NSW signal content - another excellent group of assets - also Signal Id's based on the DRKD data.

Ive used Boats ASB to control most of the diamond crossings and am getting my head around the EIT to use as well.
Current EIT is at Sefton junctions where it controls 8 paths between the various lines - all good so far.

Sydney-Metro.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The route includes:
City Circle, Sydney Central platforms yards etc
Main South line to Macarthur, Main North to Hornsby, West to Parramatta, East Hills Line, Bankstown Line, Illawarra to Sutherland, Carlingford & Olympic, Freight/Goods from Botany Chullora, etc and SSFL.
Still need to add the North Shore line as it only goes to Wynyard even though the SHB is in place.
Will it ever be finished - who knows but it keeps my brain active especially setting up the Schedule library and allocating to AI trains generated by various portals which is my main interest and challenge.
I can either add more Kms of track or add scenery to that already built, maybe a little of both.

Thanks to all content creators for your great work - keep it coming.
PG

Hi Steve,
Back to the project model you built before about the SHB, It is outstanding still but on the bridge peak or summit on the top arch it is missing a red beacon as well as significantly historical cranes in which the workers used to construct SHB when it first opened in 1932.

The SHB N - S Entries, I must admit they’re good and accurately built but for one thing the northern road entry curve of the pylons are slanted including the trackwork as well. The trackwork itself remains levelled whereas some roadways are to be gradually sloped. I have traveled past over the SHB both by train, bus & car and can observe the differences of the roadwork and trackwork according to your models built.

(Tane) It didn’t give me any trouble to when I build the mighty structure on my own. I used an alternate moving object tool(ctrl + move tool) to neatly place each of the SHB assets and they fit in nicely. Some of them appear to be clones of the same asset just thought I’d mention it. Quick Question, does anybody own Pyrmont bridge and or Luna Park assets to compliment for my route? If so pm me thanks guys you’re the best railwaymen enthusiasts keep on showing pride in your work remember no sleep time always work.

Regards,
Lspdyiu

It would be interesting to see how your model of the Sydney Harbour Bridge turns out. I'm looking forward to seeing some accurate modelling shortly with some screenshots.

Bear in mind, that the majority of us are not perfect, and when we, as individuals see an object and model it, we may deliberately overlook various facets. It could be that we are choosing to model in a different era, modernising it or back-dating it. Or it could be full of rust or newly-painted. Or maybe, by including some additional features, it has made the asset far too large for uploading to the DLS.

You no doubt have a copy of my earlier Sydney route, which included steve123's Sydney Harbour Bridge assets.

For your information, Steve kindly allowed me to use his assets in my route on the understanding that I didn't upload the route to the DLS; and I have not. Steve also said that I could personally share my route with other Trainz members, but on the same understanding. I always point that out to people who receive my routes.

You will find that there are other assets such as the Sydney Opera House, Central Station, Pyrmont Bridge, and some sections of Luna Park have never been uploaded to the DLS.

Everyone is welcome to use these assets on their own personal routes, however if that route was ever uploaded to the DLS, then it would show a great list of Missing Dependencies to anyone who downloaded it. That would cause a number of problems.

Of course, there is nothing to stop you from creating your own model of Pyrmont Bridge and other items, then uploading them to the DLS.

This is not meant to be 'picky' but to clarify the situation.

Cheers,
Roy

Apologies Steve and/or Roy referring to my post in the 3rd paragraph, 1st line I um.....I was meant to say that by using existing Steve’s SHB assets to put all the components together and by using Ctrl + move tool instead of merging the already made SHB route onto mine it cos my pc can’t handle excessive RAMS plus I use Radeon R9 380(lowest video card) and if it does, 70% of the time it will drop frame rates from smooth to a condition where it is not playable that’s when it goes clunky and then crash. This can put an impact on gamers whom use low video card. And yeah I still have a copy of your Sydney Route just lacking some time checking out on missing dependencies but will pm you though.

And about modelling own items and adding to Trainz, I do have Gmax but can’t understand how each of the aspects or function work there’s so many scientific terms in regards to modelling own creations and other stuff and coming to think on it my level of reluctance is not so sophisticatedly elaborate or well knowledgeable person, which means I personally don’t come close to being comprehensive. Still a student schooling although I hate myself to be put as the odd one out or be in a “3rd wheel”.

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Apologies Steve and/or Roy referring to my post in the 3rd paragraph, 1st line I um.....I was meant to say that by using existing Steve’s SHB assets to put all the components together and by using Ctrl + move tool instead of merging the already made SHB route onto mine it cos my pc can’t handle excessive RAMS plus I use Radeon R9 380(lowest video card) and if it does, 70% of the time it will drop frame rates from smooth to a condition where it is not playable that’s when it goes clunky and then crash. This can put an impact on gamers whom use low video card. And yeah I still have a copy of your Sydney Route just lacking some time checking out on missing dependencies but will pm you though.

And about modelling own items and adding to Trainz, I do have Gmax but can’t understand how each of the aspects or function work there’s so many scientific terms in regards to modelling own creations and other stuff and coming to think on it my level of reluctance is not so sophisticatedly elaborate or well knowledgeable person, which means I personally don’t come close to being comprehensive. Still a student schooling although I hate myself to be put as the odd one out or be in a “3rd wheel”.

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Hey mate, No worries!

Both Steve and I got involved with 3D modelling and at the start, we knew absolutely nothing. No matter what age you might be, we all have to start somewhere. I started when I turned 70 and that was 10 years ago.

And it does take time. I found helpful hints on YouTube videos.

And,... remember not all 3D modelling programs are compatible with Trainz. Keep up to date with what is out there.

Familiarize yourself by reading this thread,... "GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders" There are hundreds of tips there, that you could benefit from. There's heaps of reading for you.

Another tip: Work within your limitations! Before you take on too much, learn the basics and when you feel confident, stretch your knowledge a little further. Before you know it, what was difficult in the beginning will be a breeze as you progress.

Cheers,
Roy

Back