Page 2352 of 2360 FirstFirst ... 1352185222522302234223502351235223532354 ... LastLast
Results 35,266 to 35,280 of 35391

Thread: Australian screenshots

Thanks Steve, Matt, Ryan and Dave for your on-going support. I do appreciate it guys.

Great screenshots Tim and I really like the knee-high grass shots. You never know what may be crawling around in that lot. Nice work mate.

On my own route, I've found the NSW A8 Pattern Station Buildings just a little too wide for the platform bases that I'm using at Redfern Station. I really don't want to widen the whole area larger than what it really is.

So from a few old photos and using the 'A8' style, I've knocked up a skinnier model which does fit a little better. It is 'hi-poly' so it will only be available when I distribute my route personally. It won't be on the DLS.

I'll be changing the catenary gantry to something more appropriate, as well as, bring the station signage to 1950s.

It's not until you take a few screenshots of what you've done, and then analyse the photo in detail, do you realise what still requires attention. It looks like I've accidentally deleted the cat wire on one track here. How are the electrics supposed to work without electricity?

Another factor I picked up from an aerial photo of the 1950s was the revolving exit turnstiles. These were later removed because some people avoided paying their fare where they hopped on at another station.

I've also created a new angled brick bridge to accommodate the station building above. A full width gantry would look better here.

The platform signage is far too modern. Although the usual 48 Class from the South Coast arriving on Platform 1 is on time again.

So I still have heaps to do.
    Cheers,
    Roy
    Last edited by Roy3b3; September 10th, 2019 at 08:58 PM.

Looks really good Roy.

I am currently on a short holiday down at Stanwell Park. I have never had much exposure to the Illawara line before, and I have to say from what I've seen while down here it is quite an impressive engineering feat. I wondered if anyone has some screenies of the area they would care to post from around the Stanwell Park area? (apologies if they are already somewhere in this thread, but at 2352 pages its a hard thread to go through!)
    Phil
    WeddinNSW V4 for TRS2019 now on the DLS. All my posted screen shots are from a route you can download for free.

Quote Originally Posted by FootplatePhil View Post
    Looks really good Roy.

I am currently on a short holiday down at Stanwell Park. I have never had much exposure to the Illawara line before, and I have to say from what I've seen while down here it is quite an impressive engineering feat. I wondered if anyone has some screenies of the area they would care to post from around the Stanwell Park area? (apologies if they are already somewhere in this thread, but at 2352 pages its a hard thread to go through!)

Thanks very much Phil. I think you'll find Aaron and Graeme have been working on the Illawarra Line and no doubt could rustle-up a few screenies. There were also some shown on this thread by Graeme about 2 months ago.

As I'd mentioned in an earlier post, I wasn't happy with the gantry placement at Redfern. So today I knocked-up a Gantry spline that stretches across 6 tracks before it repeats. To go with it, I've made a Catenary Post as a track object which affixes to the track and can line up under the gantry. This can also be used with elstoko or Davido's NSW catenary wires.

Cheers,
    Roy

Redfern Station has been getting reworked over the past week. I've added a new wide gantry, catenary posts and elstoko's cat wires.

Also I've modeled a dual arched lamp-post which holds old style platform signs.

I found Zec's VR Platform Seat - 01 to be ideal.

Cheers,
    Roy

Some work around a paddock south of tallong. Still gotta finish it off
    [ cheers, Ryan

Nice going there Ryan. You'll have it all come together one day mate - Well done.

In reality, when we look out a window from a tall building to check the view, we generally only catch a glimpse of one or two objects that stands out in our mind; and then our brain seems to blur-out the rest of the picture.

When we are detailing sections of our route, I've found it's very easy to overlook some items to make up the overall image that we are trying to achieve. So having screenshots at our disposal are quite important to us.

Screenshots capture the moment or a particular angle, which enables the route-builder to ponder over what they have created; and then they can decide whether it is necessary or not, to add more items.

When we visit a railway station today we take for granted what coin or card operated machines and objects surround us. Back-dating a route 60 years has been an experience for me and it's easy to forget what we didn't have back then.

Well, enough of my rambling - I'll get back to work. Now that I've made a platform lamp-post I've got to find out how to add night-mode.

Keep up the great work guys.

Cheers,
    Roy

Default Parramatta & Doonside

Hey all,

Been doing a bit of work towards the west. At the moment I'm trying to get detail done to major areas such as Parramatta, Blacktown, Penrith, St Marys etc. along with places that I know well. It is pretty difficulty to pinpoint what went where when backdating a route to the late-60s, especially in Parramatta.

Anyway, I've attached a couple of screenshots from the west.

3826 heads the Up Forbes Mail into Parramatta.

3137 heads a local service into Doonside.

Cheers,
    Jonesy

Quote Originally Posted by JonesyMcJonesFace View Post
    Hey all,

Been doing a bit of work towards the west. At the moment I'm trying to get detail done to major areas such as Parramatta, Blacktown, Penrith, St Marys etc. along with places that I know well. It is pretty difficulty to pinpoint what went where when backdating a route to the late-60s, especially in Parramatta.

Anyway, I've attached a couple of screenshots from the west.
    3826 heads the Up Forbes Mail into Parramatta.
    3137 heads a local service into Doonside.
    Cheers,
    Jonesy

Great work Jonesy. I do like the range of houses with front verandahs you've selected for Parramatta. Very typical of that era.

Good stuff mate, keep it up.

Cheers.
    Roy.

I will be uploading WeddinNSW V4 (for TRS2019) this week
    Phil
    WeddinNSW V4 for TRS2019 now on the DLS. All my posted screen shots are from a route you can download for free.

We are all looking forward to your release Phil. Great work mate.

Cheers,
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    We are all looking forward to your release Phil. Great work mate.

Cheers,
    Roy
    Thanks for the encouragement Roy. Always a nervous time. So much good stuff on this thread, such a high bar !
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    Great work Jonesy. I do like the range of houses with front verandahs you've selected for Parramatta. Very typical of that era.

Good stuff mate, keep it up.

Cheers.
    Roy.
    Cheers Roy. The NZ houses have a great slection and they're nicely detailed too! Needless to say they'll be used a lot along the line as I head further west!

Cheers,
    Jonesy

started some scenery work at Mossvale.

Cheers, Ryan

Keep tuning on those fine scenery detailing of your route Ryan. They are INCREDIBLY coming to life with your work. Love ALL of the shots from other railfans. They are IMPRESSIVE.

Ryan,
    Out of the question: Is there a particular reason Y you've friend requested me for since it says on my notification tab wit your usern on it? I just wanted to know that's all, nothing major

Regards,
    Lspdyiu
    (soon changing to Ranciderwrich as my new usern)

Quote Originally Posted by lspdyiu View Post
    Keep tuning on those fine scenery detailing of your route Ryan. They are INCREDIBLY coming to life with your work. Love ALL of the shots from other railfans. They are IMPRESSIVE.

Ryan,
    Out of the question: Is there a particular reason Y you've friend requested me for since it says on my notification tab wit your usern on it? I just wanted to know that's all, nothing major

Regards,
    Lspdyiu
    (soon changing to Ranciderwrich as my new usern)
    Thanks for the feedback, I dunno what I was doing I was just stuffing around my Messages (still have no clue how to use it lol)