Australian screenshots

I am building a 4 bay Train Loco maintenance shed with 4 Pitt areas under the locos,, work in progress and it should be ready tomorrow if all goes well ,
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Cheers[/FONT]

Complete and ready to go,,
4 bay { NSW Train Inspection Shed & Pitts }
[FONT=&quot]
Compete with steps and ramps
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Ready for download shortly,,
Cheers [/FONT]

Fantastic work Steve.
Question: Is the train inspection an active industry for the use of commodities?
It kinda reminds me the pits are like the unloader tracks for the dropoff of minerals as well as dispose of used coal from fireboxes in steam locomotives.

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Thanks Lspdyiu,
No it's not an active industry but you can place and industry there on the tracks,, people in the game are able to walk under the locos,,,
I am placing a link for downloading now ,,
http://flowersofbethlehem.com.au/create/

Go to the Create icon Type in { Train } go to create 1 icon Type in { Loco }

cheers

Last edited:
Here you go Pete - I've Just uploaded two additional ground 'fillers' to the DLS, which, when approved should be available in the next 24 hours.

These are the kuid numbers,...
<kuid2:508637:22393:1> AU Ground Filler - Brick Wall 03 w Slope
<kuid2:508637:22394:1> AU Ground Filler - Brick Wall 15.5m

You'll notice the first one has a sloping brick wall down one edge (It is wider by 1m at the base) and with a vertical wall on the opposite side. The dimensions are 12m wide with a height of 7.5m.

Filler-6.jpg

The second has vertical sides, is also 12m wide but has a height of 15.5m.

Cheers,
Roy

After locating a video which was taken in the tunnels of the Sydney City Circle by someone with a really good camera, I was inspired to try my hand at tunnel building.

I've also incorporated some of the textures, to make it look a little authentic, and built the catenary to a height of 5.5m. This suits most NSW stock such as A, S, V Sets and Dave's Red Rattlers. So far I've only built a single track tunnel, which I'll thoroughly test before advancing to a dual track.

I've also used <kuid:45335:104012> QR 4 Aspect Signal Tunnel, which fits snugly against the flat wall. It's not NSW, but,... whatever looks okay and fits.

Speaking of which, .... I may need to select a more suitable track.

Here's a couple of shots so far. I know it's not 1950s, however it could be used for later eras.
CITY-CIRCLE-TUNNEL-a.jpg

CITY-CIRCLE-TUNNEL-aa.jpg

CITY-CIRCLE-TUNNEL-aaa.jpg

Then there are tunnel faces to consider.

Cheers,
Roy

Hi Roy

As what Em says using R51’s signal kit assets, you could try placing those tunnel signals for a test on your tunnel assets if only you’ve already installed the R51’s models off from dls. In addition to your tunnels will they simulate real lighting? Is the tunnel well compatible enough with all Memeboy’s NSW Sydney Train fleet models including David’s V set models?

And Steve, in your last screenshot (pg 2321) I notice you’re using David’s V set in RailCorp/CityRail livery is that available cos it wasn’t on Worrybrook Station nor on the dls?

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Last edited:
V Sets are Payware only available through Davido at Worrybrook if available at all anymore, Try sending a message maybe others have contact with David,,

Produce Shed i just knocked up,,,
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
cheers[/FONT]

V Sets are Payware only available through Davido at Worrybrook if available at all anymore, Try sending a message maybe others have contact with David,,

Produce Shed i just knocked up,,,

cheers

Alright Steve I’ll take your word for it then

Nice industry there is that for decoration only(inactive)

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Just decoration only,, i have no idea on how to make anything functional,,, if anybody can do this they are more than welcome to do so,,
cheers

Hi Roy

As what Em says using R51’s signal kit assets, you could try placing those tunnel signals for a test on your tunnel assets if only you’ve already installed the R51’s models off from dls. In addition to your tunnels will they simulate real lighting? Is the tunnel well compatible enough with all Memeboy’s NSW Sydney Train fleet models including David’s V set models?

And Steve, in your last screenshot (pg 2321) I notice you’re using David’s V set in RailCorp/CityRail livery is that available cos it wasn’t on Worrybrook Station nor on the dls?

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Thanks for your feedback mate, and Emmy, and Steve. I appreciate it.

It had slipped my mind regarding Ranger's set of signals. I did test them out when they were released but found the tunnel signals rather close to the track. So today, I cloned one and made a change to the Trackside measurement from -2 to -2.85 and now it actually sits snugly on the wall of the tunnel. I'll now send a message off to Ranger, to see if we can make a deal.

And, "Will the tunnels simulate real lighting?" Most probably not. With the standard Trainz environment clock set at 10.00am inside a tunnel, it's only a little shadier than being outside. But if the environment clock is set to say 20.00 (8.00pm) then it's really dark; and then depending on what train you are running, then you need a decent set of headlights. Then generally, the headlights can obliterate any signals ahead. We can't produce real life in a hobby, but we can appreciate what each of us can achieve in our models.

Here are some comparison shots,.... just a little wide of the tunnel wall.
nsw-signal-1.jpg

The 'clone' fits snugly against the wall
nsw-signal-1b.jpg

A Red Rattler has just passed - I could darken the tunnel floor a little more and change the rails.
nsw-signal-1c.jpg

With the headlights switched-on in a Red
nsw-signal-1d.jpg

Low-beam from an A Set
nsw-signal-1-A-Set.jpg

Low-beam from a C Set
nsw-signal-1-C-Set.jpg

And finally low-beam from a V Set
nsw-signal-1-V-Set.jpg

And I did have memeboy, davido and NSWGR_46class models in mind when building my tunnel,

And, to add to Steve's comment,... some of Davido's V Sets are still available at,... http://https://worrybrook.weebly.com/

Cheers,
Roy

Roy, you could use the same track but the trackbed isn’t necessary within the tunnel network based routes. Examples of sleeper track with no ballast in Sydney routes in an underground tunnel network are:
• Eastern Suburbs and Illawarra Line Relief Lines
• City Circle Line
• Epping to Chatswood Rail Link (Lifted)
• Sydney Metro Line (WIP). Currently the line runs from Chatswood to Tallawong (recently completed and construction will continue extending further down the line into the the Sydney CBD, Sydenham and terminating at Bankstown (soon to be replacing the current existing Bankstown line to converting into Metro line. This is a brief heads up info.
The track types they use on these lines are high speed based rail fasteners in which the rail screws are nailed to the ground (no sleepers). This is commonly found on both the City Circle and the Epping to Chatswood line as well as the new Sydney Metro line. At Chatswood station the track type they use is the sleeperless track except it has a line of concrete slabs placed in between the rails. Something interesting I’d share to the members here.

Suggestions:
You can probably make a clone and reskin one of Elstokos track assets not containing track ballast on them & make the rail & rail ties (sleepers) in a dark texture or black to restrict that type of track is only for tunnel uses. But then, you’ll need transitional track to perfectly blend it in meaning that if the track is outside of the tunnel the rail and sleeper textures are relatively different due to the sunlight. It could possibly make a good difference.

OUTSIDE...........Transition........TUNNEL
..............................|.............,,ZONE
LIGHT————————|—————DARK

Quad 82's on IH75 Passing through Helensburgh.

Cheers, Ryan

Hi Ryan

very nice scene you’ve got there
1 question is the lead 82 class loco a personal reskin of David’s original 82 class model. Also, the track you’re using is that Samplaires concrete sleeper track?

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Back