Page 2434 of 2438 FirstFirst ... 1434193423342384242424322433243424352436 ... LastLast
Results 36,496 to 36,510 of 36556

Thread: Australian screenshots

S2 X Class's, early versions now available on the DLS, these ones will be up within the next 24 hours!

Cheers, Tom

Very nice Tom, thank you

cheers
    Graeme

Thanks Jamie, that's quite humbling....

Up Patchewollock Pass leaving Hopetoun. Yup, it should be a DERM, but my route my roulz

Of more concern is the stock race in the background. Hopetoun must have had one, but every single photo I have is taken facing north from the station platform or north from the top of the silo, and there isn't a stock ramp to be seen so logic suggests it must have been at the south end of the station so that's where I've put it. I have taken the track though a junction off No3 Road, but it is at least as likely that it was fed through a slip off the No2 Road, but it's early days and it's a two minute fix if necessary if/when better info comes to light. Also the ramp is a very nice model, but of a NSW prototype. I know there's a VR ramp of the classic short platform with ground level yards type, I've seen it in screenshots, but blowed if I can find it so this was pressed into service temporarily.

Spline grass still? Yup. TurfFX? I try, but there are so many sttings to tweak and it's still too thick, or too thin, never just right, and there's a fair concentration of tracks and roads and I just can't keep the stuff where I want it, so good ol' splines are back in service.

And lastly the somewhat unbalanced composition of the shot is because everything to the right of camera is just bare grid...

So, other than just about everything being in one way or another not quite right, imho not too shabby...

Andy
    Last edited by Dermmy; September 14th, 2021 at 03:03 AM. Reason: typo

Dermmy
    side
    Can't see any on here just 2 lots of silos, there is a loading ramp at ILUKA on the right side of diagram maybe they loaded them there?
    https://sa-trackandsignal.net/Pdf_Li...CRN_Vic_sg.pdf

Nice screen shot, Hope this helps

Tom
    Last edited by tdstead; September 14th, 2021 at 10:22 PM.
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 114800

Offish Topic

Thanks Tom, ILUKA is new(ish) definitely post-VR and loads sand, there is a huge wind-break alongside the track to stop the stuff blowing away!

Your link tho is a handy resource and shows a kicback siding off the end of No3 road exactly as I have it, so that's one box ticked.

Thanks

Hi everyone

I'd like to announce that after many years of work, the NSW South Coast line map is now available to download on the DLS. Grazlash and I are thrilled to share our map with you all and look forward to hearing what you think of it. Sessions are currently waiting for processing and should be on the DLS tomorrow or the day after.

Grazlash, this is great news. Do you have any versions of the route that is compatible with T:ANE?

Quote Originally Posted by griffinjim View Post
    Grazlash, this is great news. Do you have any versions of the route that is compatible with T:ANE?
    It's TRS19 SP3 and upwards, whenever that happens. All the more reason to upgrade. The scenery was started in TANE but very quickly upgraded to TRS19, where building became easier and faster.

Blog Entries

Looking good Andy, great to see you back at it

'The Spirit' clocking 70 south of Springhurst one morning

Cheers
    Tim

I am impressed at the quality of the routes and screenshots you folk are showing on here.
    Keep 'em coming!

Cheers

Graham.
    Member of TCWW and Trainz DE.

Currently bringing the DHR into TRS19 one tree at a time!

Thanks Tim!

Andy

Nice shots everyone; very nice work on Hopetoun there Dermmy!

T359 ambles across the Stony Creek bridge with an up goods.

Regards
    Zec

ZecRail Freelance D1s, Victorian Railways Type 4 DD and Type 4 D1s, and more also available.

Zecrail freeware DLS Content
    All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

Thanks Zec- nice shot!!

Meanwhile in North-Western Victoria, a more minamalistic approach to the provision of a goods service: a Y, a single wagon (doubtless superphosphate), and the obligatory Z constitute the Down Patchewollock.

The half buried track is a feature of the line - in even the shallowest cuttings 'drifting up' was a constant problem as the incessant wind dropped it's load of sand. Earlier in the line's history the problem was constant, partly due to completely inappropriate agricultural practices imported from wetter, greener lands - specifically harrowing and fallowing, the twin practices leading to exactly the same problems as created the American 'dust bowl' of the early twentieth century, but also as a result of the railway's own early attempts at mitigation which completely misunderstood the problem: The wind dropped the sand in cuttings because the air pressure lowered as the 'void' was crossed, and attempts to sort the issue by building miles of 'sand fence' simply served to lower the air pressure in the lee of the fence even more, resulting in even more sand dropping out of the wind exactly where it wasn't wanted. Later attempts to solve the problem by growing trees and shrubs along the railway reserve worked better, but the best result of all was as the 'sand fences' fell into disrepair, the resulting 'lattice' structure actually worked really well, so the dilapidated fences remained in place long after they might otherwise have been removed....

Lecture over!

Later the same day, the Up Patche was caught crossing the Hopetoun-Patche Road just north of the previous location...

Andy
    Last edited by Dermmy; September 25th, 2021 at 05:53 AM. Reason: typo

Nice work Zec not sure when the last time was I saw a diesel pic from you lol, Looking good Andy.
    Mick.