Australian screenshots

Does anyone know what these are? At a completely random guess I was thinking they may be the AK cars, but then realised that the AK's had pantographs on one of them.

Clipboard02.jpg

I found them in the Flemington (Sydney) yards.

Southern Aurora carriages, not exactly sure why they are around flemo sheds though.

Southern Aurora carriages, not exactly sure why they are around flemo sheds though.

Hi, these are the railcorp breakdown train they are ex Aurora cars and its an old photo because the yellow vehicle is / was the breakdown crane before it fell over at sefton junction after CLP13 ran through the catch points. They are also on another road inside Flemington sheds near the security gatehouse as i moved them as im a shunter there, because they were constantly getting spray painted where they were.Since there been moved no more graffiti on them.Thanks David :)

Holden Special HR.

I did a quick Google search for some specs and I found that the HR Holdens were released in April 1966, if anyone can confirm it or not, please let me know in this thread.

The reason I need a correct date is cos I did a "special" number plate, pardon the pun. HRH-466 stands for HR Holden, April 1966 the date they were possibly released.

Anyhow, here's the screenie.

HRSpecial.jpg

Hi Col,

Now your cookin mate.
That's exactly the kind of 'niche' vehicles Trainz needs.
There's so much 1950's through to 1970's Australian vehicle content not yet available.
But now you too have entered the ranks of the likes of
Willem2 & VinnyBarb, who constantly find 'missing links' in the Trainz arsenal.
Apologies to those 'niche-fillers' of Australian content I have not mentioned here.
I know your 'out there' somewhere!.
VinnyBarb certainly is!. :hehe::eek::wave:
He know's what I mean.:cool:

Col if you still have that email I sent you with all the links, one of the Holden ones has a lot of the model dates etc data.
Some excellent information on a couple of those sites. Just re-read the email.
If you would like me to resend it let me know. :wave:

Thanks Noel, yes those websites are very good, thankyou.

Now, I have done another HR, I've added a sunvisor at the front and rear. The front one isn't perfect I know, but I found it a really dificult shape to model. That is probably the best I could do at the moment.

Slight reskin too, here it is....

HRSpecial2.jpg

HRSpecial3.jpg

Just to let you all know as well, the first HR has been uploaded as has the Toyota Yaris.

Last edited:
Hi Col,

These are brilliant!.
You've even got the suspension droop just right!.
We used to use these in Deniliquin NSW for work.
I was a PMG Telecomm Technician back then, & these things got a beating
over long miles & rough roads, with heavy loads.

You have captured 'the look' imho perfectly.

Love the texturing. Your making me homesick for the 'good old days'! :':)hehe::wave:

Yeh, they're looking great Colhad, just one question though: Is is possible to taper the roof in so it's not as wide as the sides, or does that require a lot of extra mesh building? The roofs of cars aren't as wide as the sides, it would great instability on the road. hehe :cool:

BMW-M3-Concept-Front-Spoiler.jpg

Sorry,I don't mean to be picky, I have no idea how to build things in 3D, so you're already doing a **** load better than me. :D

Last edited:
Hi all,

For those of you who have already downloaded my NGHF hoppers, and have noticed the 'flipped normals' on the canopies of the wagons, I have now fixed the problem and have now uploaded a newer version to th DLS, so it should be up in a few days :) ! Thanks to davido for directing me on how to fix the problem!

nghftrainz4ss0.jpg

Cheers,

Matt

The one on the right was done by Ad602000 and is on the DL/S, The left one is just me having fun changing colours:)

Thanks for letting me know. Found them, but when I went to download them I had found I already had them.

Regards,
Warren.

They are MHGX hoppers. Some are in service for Manildra, and others are in service with El Zorro. AHGX I *think* is the code of the wagons in service with El Zorro.

After a bit of research, they were previously classified as the SAR SHBX class hopper.

Last edited:
Back