Australian screenshots

Greenethorpe NSW: One of the rare Australian towns where the number of churches exceeds the number of pubs (3 churches, 1 pub when the below image is set. There may have been more churches in the past!).

Latest WIP shots from WeddinNSW showcasing another great model from ad602000 - the Methodist Church, Greenethorpe. Pete's latest model would not look out of place in any Australian small country town

Greenethorpe.--3-Churches%2C-1-Pub..jpg

Greenethorpe.--3-Churches%2C-1-Pub..jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

Implemented the chameleon script onto the QR 2800's. This will allow different skins, clean, slighty weathered/faded to heavily weathered/faded

2019-01-18-055211.jpg

2800-s.png

Cheers
David

Nice work David. To have these adjustments built into each asset,... that's all positive thinking. Great stuff !

Cheers,
Roy

Great work on the loco's Stefan and David, can't wait to give them a run.
The driveways will come in very handy Roy, thank you.

Pacific National steel empties approaching Mangalore just before sunrise on my Main South route
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Southern Aurora Tourist Special leaves Longwood behind after crossing the empty steel train

On the way again, passing through Euroa.

cheers
Graeme

Nice shots Graeme and Phil. You guys are setting such high standards with great detailing happening in every direction. I'ma gonna find it hard to keep up with you fellas.

Lately I've been playing around with footpaths and driveways. Common to many suburban areas in Australia is the grassy patch between the path and kerb, so I've been trying to include this as well.
One aspect which I've found missing from footpaths or sidewalks on the DLS, is the gutter. This is an integral part of the kerb itself
Here are a couple of shots of my progress so far.

2019-01-19-193934.jpg

2019-01-19-194026.jpg

2019-01-19-194003.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Whatever you do Roy, don't refer to it as a nature strip around Americans. Some of them think you're talking about a nudist beach. :hehe:
cheers Graeme

Whatever you do Roy, don't refer to it as a nature strip around Americans. Some of them think you're talking about a nudist beach. :hehe:
cheers Graeme

Ha Ha,.. well now, that stimulates the mind somewhat and possibilities for a new route... Maybe a tourist train that constantly circles a nature strip.

Thanks Graeme, I'll bear that in mind.
Cheers.
Roy

Hi all,

A few more shots of signals.

This-shot-of-signal-SM-675-B-shows-the-updated-stencil.-In-full-sunlight%2C-the-weathering-effect-is-hard-to-see..jpg

An updated version of one of the signals I had posted before. This has had the text in the route indicator enlarged and coloured orange same as the route indicators on the shunting signals. The weathered effect has also been applied over the top.

An-another-updated-shot-showing-the-changes-to-the-theater-box-indicator.jpg

Again, updated stencils and route indicator.

A-Turnout-repeater-fitted-to-the-top-of-SM-653-IL.jpg

Signal SM 653 IL with turnout repeater at the Down end of platform 2 at Tempe.

Getting close to a release I think. I'll post in the Freeware Announcements thread when this happens.

Ranger_51

Nice shots Graeme and Phil. You guys are setting such high standards with great detailing happening in every direction. I'ma gonna find it hard to keep up with you fellas.

Lately I've been playing around with footpaths and driveways. Common to many suburban areas in Australia is the grassy patch between the path and kerb, so I've been trying to include this as well.
One aspect which I've found missing from footpaths or sidewalks on the DLS, is the gutter. This is an integral part of the kerb itself
Here are a couple of shots of my progress so far.

Cheers,
Roy

G'Day Roy.

They look good. Question: Are they set up as splines or as scenic assets?

Regards,
Warren.

Getting close to a release I think. I'll post in the Freeware Announcements thread when this happens.

Ranger_51

Signals look fantastic mate, looking forward to trying them out. :)
One small thing I picked up, the last imagine shows a turnout repeater illuminated, so that signal should be showing a medium, Green over yellow. This indicates that the next signal is showing a full turnout indication of yellow over yellow.

Last edited:
Ranger_51

👍 work on making these signals, very impressive indeed just wondering you know on the 3rd image shouldn’t the signal be displaying a green over yellow when the turnout repeater is lit to give attention to a driver that he is encountering a divergence ahead on the next junction signal.

Will you also be modeling a similar signal variant that is capable of displaying a low speed/close up indicator on both single and double colour light signals. It would be grateful to have them working at least.:D

Rancid 56025

Hey all,

Couple of MZ's with a Melbourne - Sydney, train weight was 2,700 tonnes (1,350 tonnes each) and stalled about 50k's out of Albury, I was hoping momentum would get me over the hill but that wasn't to happen as it was a 1in100 for 1km then it started the 1in66 climb (1.5%).

And-session-ended-here-due-to-stalling-%3A%28.jpg

Cheers.

The Mz looks bit wrong, as if the front is too wedged. I was raised with Class Mz in Denmark so I know almost every detail of it.

DSB_MZ1431_1989.jpg

Try to compare it a bit, or as best as you can, but you can easily see that the one made in Trainz looks bit wrong.

Back