Australian screenshots

Hi all,

Some great looking screenshots there!

Roy- As someone who passes through Museum station regularly I can happily say you've nailed it, keep up the great work!

I'd thought I'd share my new project that I'm currently working on. The MP33C, aka the CFCLA CM class and Watco CBH class. (My first ever loco project in Blender)

cm6.jpg

I have been learning Blender for the last few months as I have decided to finally retire from building content in Gmax, though I do have a number of unfinished projects in Gmax that I will get around to finishing.

Anyway keep up the great work everyone!

Cheers,

Matt

On the 28th of May 1919, Melbourne saw it's first electric train services begin operation between Sandringham and Essendon (via Flinders Street and Spencer Street).

These first services lead the way for the suburban rail network that we see today, now carrying millions of people each year.

The first electric trains we had were a mix of swingdoor 'dogbox' trains, and sliding door tait trains, with both being able to run together. Both the Swingdoors and the Taits are on my list for future projects, however they are still a fair way off at this point.

However, to mark this important milestone in Victoria's railways, I have dug up some quite old Tait models that I was given permission to convert to Trainz quite a few years ago (sadly there were some issues that meant I decided not to release these), and have strung up some overhead wires on my Healesville route, so as to recreate one of the more interesting services that operated on our suburban network, an E train. Normally hauled by Dogbox motors, I believe they did sometimes operate with Taits, as seen here. The E-trains consisted of two electric motor cars, and then a string of country cars (often V or ABL cars in the later years), with the most well known services running to Lilydale and Frankston.

The train here is a combined set of cars going to Warburton (first 3 cars behind the electric motors), and Healesville (last 5 cars), which will be hauled by steam locomotives waiting at Lilydale.

Much thanks goes to Alexander Jamieson/Broad Gauge Trains, who created the original Tait motors, for Microsoft Train Simulator, and who allowed me to convert these assets.

2019-05-28_193842.jpg

The two Taits are working hard as they haul their train over the top of the grade at Cave Hill.

2019-05-28_194045.jpg

Having crested the grade, the taits coast down hill toward Lilydale, where they will come off for steam to take over!

Regards
Zec

Beautiful shots Zec and great information. It's good to get the history behind what happened in the past and why.

The detailing is very close to 'real' as well. Great stuff mate.

Cheers,
Roy

I've always had a problem finding 'just the right' assets to use, when it comes to transitioning two levels of track with a merging sloped line between them; ... and,... particularly when you are pushed for space. I'm talking about the tracks laid side by side leading into Redfern's 10 platforms.

Today I've been playing around, firstly creating some ground 'fillers', which can be used to fill obvious gaps left between tracks, fences and walls. Here's a shot, which just looks like a 6m and 12m strip of ballast. This is set at ground level and can be placed under tracks or beside tracks that slope up or down to another level.
Filler-1.jpg

As you can see, I've sloped the track downwards 7m, which then exposes a blue-brick wall, yet still provides a filler for the adjacent track above. We all know that using the track-leveling tool will never
build the ground up exactly where you want it, so this is where the ballast filler can easily match the fall of the track.
filler-3.jpg

You'll notice on the left, a concrete wall with a fence on top. This is another asset I built today. Now if you don't like the blue-brick finish, it's easy to cover it up, or it can be embedded to sit at ground level and still look presentable.
filler-2.jpg

The 3rd shot shows the 'filler' set like a ramp; and the fence/wall splines at various heights.
AND,
in the last shot, it gives you an idea how the fence/wall and filler can be used in other environments.
filler-4.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Great work on the first electrics, Zec. A lot has changed in 100 years - and yet, much is still the same. We all appreciate the skill and commitment of those who build and operate our railways - and of those who remind us of what has been done over the years to get us to where we are today.

New Tunnel System Single , Double, Quad Tracks each system feeds to the other, see through from the top for easy track laying with Catenary, Piping and electrical cable box are extras,,,
2019-05-30%20094415_zpszsrpy53s.jpg

2019-05-30%20094505_zpsreuetixb.jpg

2019-05-30%20094600_zpsa1knhipz.jpg

2019-05-30%20094621_zpsnhmjpdzv.jpg

2019-05-30%20094540_zpsob4x3wjm.jpg

Last edited:
Your upgraded tunnel system looks great Steve. The quad track tunnel could simplify sections like North Sydney/Waverton - I look forward to it.

The tunnel entry in the 2nd screenie is one I've not seen before.

Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers.

Roy

Thanks Roy,, tunnel entries have been changed to suit the the more rectangle tunnel rather than the half oval, i am working on a left and right hand turnout individual of each other from the 4 track tunnel.
I will send you a link when it is ready Roy,,
And your models are looking good also buddy well done Roy,,
Cheers,,

Last edited:
Great work Roy & Steve, much needed assets for us NSW route builders.
Looks like a rework of my Sydney Metro is on the cards.
I would appreciate any details to download if they aren't on the DLS.
PG.

Great work Roy & Steve, much needed assets for us NSW route builders.
Looks like a rework of my Sydney Metro is on the cards.
I would appreciate any details to download if they aren't on the DLS.
PG.

Thanks Peter,

Mine are not ready for the DLS just yet. I'm testing a few brick textures at present and haven't decided yet.

Some textures look fine in various photo editors, but once uploaded to Trainz, they can have a 'washed-out' look. So it's wise to do the homework first.

Cheers,
Roy

Left and right hand turnouts a number of tunnel faces quad double and single tracks,,,
uUAnrKS.jpg

5xVpVqS.jpg

Frjc1Ey.jpg

d2KcZV5.jpg

932YEuo.jpg

They will be ready tomorrow

Last edited:
Great shots Zec and Tom. Nice work on the tunnels Steve and those ballast splines will come in very handy Roy.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Thanks Graeme, I appreciate your feedback.

After spending days searching for a few textures that I like, I've been able to put together four splines (with fairly low polys), which can be used either alone or combined together to make various scenarios. Here are the kuids I'll be uploading to the DLS and they will be on my 1950s Sydney route, when I get around to finishing it.

<kuid2:508637:22386:1> AUS Concrete Wall w Steel Fence 01
<kuid2:508637:22387:1> AUS Concrete Wall w Steel Fence 02
<kuid2:508637:22388:1> AUS Concrete Wall 01
<kuid2:508637:22389:1> AU Ground Filler - Brick Wall 03

They don't look like much in this shot,...
New-Splines.jpg

However, the fence/wall spline can be used at various heights tn the exterior of the ground filler to show the concrete wall; or embedded to reflect the brick wall. (this brick texture is seen around Central and Eveleigh)
New-Splines-2.jpg

This shows the 'less-new' railings used in the same fashion, but on a slope, the concrete wall looks more appropriate than the brick face.
New-Splines-3.jpg

Then, with the white fence/wall.
New-Splines-4.jpg

And, for a 'dive' either concrete or brick will do. The ground filler on both sides allows for trackwork to blend in.
New-Splines-5.jpg

New-Splines-6.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Nice screenshots Tim - It's looking good.

Cheers,
Roy

PS: By the way, the steel yard fences/walls and fillers are now on the DLS under Scenery.

Last edited:
Timber tunnels and concrete with arched sealing or flat sealing,,,

cRft1Tk

dpFn270

mEWoqJX

dpFn270

dpFn270

4fq8vPB

mEWoqJX

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Nice work everybody,,
saw you message Roy cheers buddy,,

Last edited:
Hi Steve

When I go on to the your web it says password protected does that means unauthorised access? I tried inputting my password for this forum to get access to your content but It keeps putting me out. Solutions?

I can see the baseboard anchor screws in the last screenshot. Another observation is the ground texture on the grid. It looks like seasonal asphalt. I reckon that’s Trs2019 based but Tane doesn’t have that.

Interesting shots from you all, including Roy’s and Steve’s assets, great modeling enthusiasts

Regards,
Lspdyiu

The password you all need is { Trainz } and yes the texture is old,,,
In the NSW Tunnel Assets Pack there is and asset called NSW Tunnel Roof Shutter this is for the arched tunnels meeting the gaps at the junction / Turnout sections to block out any light,,,
Regards Steve

Last edited:
Back