Australian screenshots

Hi All,

A bit of West Australian Flavour, as I am waiting on drawings from WA on the W class, S Class, G class 2-6-0 but here is a progress shot of preserved 4-6-0 G Class 123.
WAGR-G-Class.jpg

G123_A_Gunzburg.jpg

Cheers
Mich

Hey guys, Yep, ... I'm getting older but still hanging in there.

Gosh, there's some fabulous Aussie work going on around here lately. Keep it up Mich, Aaron, Graeme, Zec, Ryan and all the others.

I've just uploaded 4 cliff splines to the DLS today, which I'll be using on my 1950s Sydney layout (now that's really a slow process). The textures have come from around the North and South Head cliff faces.

I've set them at 25 metres high so they can also be used for cuttings through mountain areas at various heights.

Capture-CLIFF-1.jpg

Capture-CLIFF-2.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks Roy, those retaining walls look great. We are all getting older, but in age gets better content.

A progress shot on WAGR G Class 123, with new WAGR standard boiler, boiler jacket, firebox, crown stays and in Koombana Queen colours. Eventually, all these will be used to redo to TANE standards, my SAR Y & YX classes, which some ended up being used on WA Timber Tramways along with the 2-6-0 G class types.

WAGR-G2.jpg

Cheers
Mich

Wonderful work Michael! However if I can point out one very minor error - G 123 has never worn green livery, she's only ever worn black lined in red and gold, even in her Vintage Train days as Koombana Queen in the 70s and 80s, and she most definetely is in black now on Hotham Valley Railway service - this can be seen here in Rail Heritage WA's photo archives. Younger 2-6-0 sister 233 is the one who famously wore green in Vintage Train service (which was appropriate given one batch of 2-6-0 G class were delivered in bright green and were collaquoilly known as 'greenbacks', according to A History of WAGR Steam Locomotives).

Either way, I'm sorry if I came across as nasty or too much of a rivet counter, I just wanted to let you know about this point as I have a bit of a soft spot for the old girl, as I've ridden behind her many times (mostly on the HVR's Etmilyn Forest Tramway), even attending her centenary of service celebrations in 1997, and your model so far is doing this elegant machine proud. :) Well done! :D

Wonderful work Michael! However if I can point out one very minor error - G 123 has never worn green livery, she's only ever worn black lined in red and gold, even in her Vintage Train days as Koombana Queen in the 70s and 80s, and she most definetely is in black now on Hotham Valley Railway service - this can be seen here in Rail Heritage WA's photo archives. Younger 2-6-0 sister 233 is the one who famously wore green in Vintage Train service (which was appropriate given one batch of 2-6-0 G class were delivered in bright green and were collaquoilly known as 'greenbacks', according to A History of WAGR Steam Locomotives).

Either way, I'm sorry if I came across as nasty or too much of a rivet counter, I just wanted to let you know about this point as I have a bit of a soft spot for the old girl, as I've ridden behind her many times (mostly on the HVR's Etmilyn Forest Tramway), even attending her centenary of service celebrations in 1997, and your model so far is doing this elegant machine proud. :) Well done! :D

Thanks for the pointers mate, with no offense caused; as I am only new to modelling WA prototypes, I do appreciate the time commented and help in improvements. Feel free to sent myself drawings or scans by pm or email. I will be making the 2-6-0 version, using standard parts made with the 4-6-0 version as seen below. I might even make some coaches to match, but we shall see.

Cheers
Mich

Last edited:
2021-03-06_230656.jpg

Steaming away from Wahgunyah with the up 3pm mixed.

2021-03-06_232659.jpg

Steaming out of Rutherglen after picking up a few wagons

2021-03-06_233803.jpg

Crossing the Black Dog Creek bridge.

2021-03-06_234636.jpg

Arriving into Springhurst just on time at 3:50.

2021-03-07_000237.jpg

A2 983 passes K106 at Springhurst with the connecting up pass.

2021-03-07_001634.jpg

A2 983 steams out of Springhurst with the up pass.

2021-03-07_002240.jpg

X41 steams into Springhurst with an up goods.

2021-03-07_003831.jpg

Having collected the goods wagons from the Wahgunyah mixed, X41 powers out of Springhurst with it's max load train.

Zec
Is the route pictured available by any chance? Given that it seems to be using PBR ground textures, I'm guessing it's relatively newer?

Hello all, heres some shots of my Melbourne - Warrnambool Route

Southern Cross
Southern-Cross.jpg

Wyndham Vale
Wyndham-Vale.jpg

North Shore
Sprinters-around-Geelong-1.jpg

Sprinters-around-Geelong-2.jpg

Geelong
Geelong-Loco-1.jpg

Waurn Ponds
Waurn-Ponds.jpg

Cheers George

Heya Mark its been a while. To answer your questions, the BB-18 1/4 is Greg Cashes the coaches are yours with medium gauge bogies under them.

ghosty

Back