Page 2304 of 2317 FirstFirst ... 13041804220422542294230223032304230523062314 ... LastLast
Results 34,546 to 34,560 of 34744

Thread: Australian screenshots

A nice piece of artwork. Beautiful stuff Stefan. Keep up the great work.

Cheers mate,
    Roy

A great shot Mick.

You've got just the right amount of platform accessories, a good selection of foliage, the track, ballast and consist is perfect, with the shadows switched on, ... it could be the real deal.

Top work mate. By the way, what track are you using? That ballast is spot-on.
    Cheers Roy but all that great work was done by Hewi12 mate on his Model Aussie Route on the DLS just search username Hewi12 and bob's ya uncle.
    Cheers Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post

I have been doing a little research however and I've noticed that, although there are heaps of pavements, sidewalks, and footpaths readily available; there appears to be a shortage of reasonable driveway ramps. There are some Japanese assets available, which really only suit Asian environments.

So I've begun creating a few driveway ramps that can be used on Aussie layouts. Even though I'm using Sketchup to build them, the size of the files are very low and won't affect frame rates. The pavement spline I'm using with them is gfisher's <kuid:106916:10267> Sidewalk 12FT Curb.

Cheers,
    Roy
    It's the little details that make all the difference to a model. Thanks for this contribution Roy.
    Phil
    Celebrating my 15th Weddin anniversary with V3.1, now on the DLS.

Greenethorpe NSW: One of the rare Australian towns where the number of churches exceeds the number of pubs (3 churches, 1 pub when the below image is set. There may have been more churches in the past!).

Latest WIP shots from WeddinNSW showcasing another great model from ad602000 - the Methodist Church, Greenethorpe. Pete's latest model would not look out of place in any Australian small country town

Last edited by FootplatePhil; January 17th, 2019 at 05:45 PM.
    Phil
    Celebrating my 15th Weddin anniversary with V3.1, now on the DLS.

Hi all,

Implemented the chameleon script onto the QR 2800's. This will allow different skins, clean, slighty weathered/faded to heavily weathered/faded

Cheers
    David

Nice work David. To have these adjustments built into each asset,... that's all positive thinking. Great stuff !

Cheers,
    Roy

Great work on the loco's Stefan and David, can't wait to give them a run.
    The driveways will come in very handy Roy, thank you.

Pacific National steel empties approaching Mangalore just before sunrise on my Main South route

Southern Aurora Tourist Special leaves Longwood behind after crossing the empty steel train

On the way again, passing through Euroa.

cheers
    Graeme

Nice shots Graeme and Phil. You guys are setting such high standards with great detailing happening in every direction. I'ma gonna find it hard to keep up with you fellas.

Lately I've been playing around with footpaths and driveways. Common to many suburban areas in Australia is the grassy patch between the path and kerb, so I've been trying to include this as well.
    One aspect which I've found missing from footpaths or sidewalks on the DLS, is the gutter. This is an integral part of the kerb itself
    Here are a couple of shots of my progress so far.

Cheers,
    Roy

Whatever you do Roy, don't refer to it as a nature strip around Americans. Some of them think you're talking about a nudist beach.
    cheers Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Whatever you do Roy, don't refer to it as a nature strip around Americans. Some of them think you're talking about a nudist beach.
    cheers Graeme

Ha Ha,.. well now, that stimulates the mind somewhat and possibilities for a new route... Maybe a tourist train that constantly circles a nature strip.

Thanks Graeme, I'll bear that in mind.
    Cheers.
    Roy

Hi all,

A few more shots of signals.

An updated version of one of the signals I had posted before. This has had the text in the route indicator enlarged and coloured orange same as the route indicators on the shunting signals. The weathered effect has also been applied over the top.

Again, updated stencils and route indicator.

Signal SM 653 IL with turnout repeater at the Down end of platform 2 at Tempe.

Getting close to a release I think. I'll post in the Freeware Announcements thread when this happens.

Ranger_51

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    Nice shots Graeme and Phil. You guys are setting such high standards with great detailing happening in every direction. I'ma gonna find it hard to keep up with you fellas.

Lately I've been playing around with footpaths and driveways. Common to many suburban areas in Australia is the grassy patch between the path and kerb, so I've been trying to include this as well.
    One aspect which I've found missing from footpaths or sidewalks on the DLS, is the gutter. This is an integral part of the kerb itself
    Here are a couple of shots of my progress so far.

Cheers,
    Roy

G'Day Roy.

They look good. Question: Are they set up as splines or as scenic assets?

Regards,
    Warren.

The quickest way to see the content you want is to make it yourself!

Nice Work on the D/DA

Quote Originally Posted by hiyo View Post
    The quickest way to see the content you want is to make it yourself!

I have to agree on that one. Wow,.. Nice work mate.

Cheers,
    Roy