Australian screenshots

Williamj78, I'm not Admin, but I've got no problem with videos. Enjoy the hobby.

Just one sneaky shot through the trees of a Down coal climbing the Little Liverpool Range west of Yarongmulu.
d342b1e91ba700c719273e63596e5319.jpg

@S301

Great shot Zec, any chance you should share with myself how you can create the smokebox door to be open like that as I would not mind that on my models along with the smoke shut off.

Two shots from myself; QR B15 Converted 290 simmers away, on the Mount Morgan Fork Line after her crew has gone on a crib break.
trainz89_20150602_0013_zpsqq5fzska.jpg

trainz89_20150602_0016_zpssz70kezm.jpg

Regards,

M.Gitsham

@S301

Great shot Zec, any chance you should share with myself how you can create the smokebox door to be open like that as I would not mind that on my models along with the smoke shut off.
M.Gitsham

Hi Michael
Both the animation, and the smoke, are controlled via script. You can see an example of it on my VR F class 2-4-2T on the DLS, although I think only the 'christmas 2014' F class has the smoke script (and one that is currently broken in T:ANE). The script for the door is the same as for any of my other animations or optional parts, so quite a bit of my DLS content uses similar scripts now.

The animation is easy as it's just, well, an animation :)

Nice shot Cook, that reminds me that I really should go and actually play those sessions in T:ANE now :) :)

Regards
Zec

2012 shots pc will not run tane

Remaining forty fours hauled dead with a 620/720 set brake van from Goulburn to Cooma for storage by a 81&dl class

Been a while... just checking out what this TANE fuss is all about. Still liking 3' 6"...

Nice to see some of the old familiar members posting in the style I'm used to as well!

@Forrest, nice to see you have not kicked the bucket and still around. Any stories what you have been getting up to lately? :)

Nice shots, i should have my various 3ft 6 inch coaches out shortly which will superceed those ones in shot, good to see Queensland Trainz is still alive.

Regards,

M.G

Hi all,

Been lurking in the shadows as usual but been busy working on the GL.

Well I can finally say after much blood, sweat and tears the loco is pretty much done, aside from the wipers.:)

A big thank-you to Davido for his help and the scripting for the marker lights, ditch lights, train crew and wipers!

Only thing left to do is a new bogie. Whilst the GL's use the 442 class bogie (carried over from their rebuilding) I only noticed not too long ago that the bogie has modified side steps, so the 442 class bogie that I have been using will have to be replaced by a proper GL bogie that has the correct side steps, so still a bit more work for me to do. :eek:

Nonetheless considering this is my first ever loco, I am quite pleased with how it has turned out, it has certainly been a great learning experience for me!

gl_final.jpg

gl_final2.jpg

The alpha numbering was quite a challenge to do, as getting the CFCLA font pretty accurate took some time, but I am quite pleased with the results!

gl_final3.jpg

Memeboy - great work on the K set, looking forward to seeing more screenshots!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Cheers,

Matt

Matt,

That looks fantastic, youve done well if thats your first ever loco mate! :)

I have some Tangara updates to share.

These two T set variations are nearing completion. Pictured here are the CityRail Black (right) and the CityRail Yellow (left) which has had the yellow paint applied to the Cab Fronts and Passenger Doors yellow for High Visibility. This wasn't an refurbishment so the internal areas remained the same between the two. This picture also shows the choice between Mortdale (red) and Hornsby (Black) MC based T sets.

A side view of the CityRail Black T set.

The roof has been completed and looks fantastic. Memeboy also has a Tangara Panto to be fitted before its finished off.

These models will be a must for anyone who models Sydney Railways. The cab is nearly done and the models themselves are finished. Just the many variations to complete and you will all have a comprehensive Tangara fleet to play with. Once these are completed, Memeboy will move onto the G set and all its variations.

Last edited:
Back