Australian screenshots

they better not scrap S301 it's part of history.

Dare I validate your neverending stream of posts, but how is it any more special than any other of the thousands of old locomotives out there that have not yet been scrapped? Why should heritage organisations be expected to continually stump up the funds to save every single old locomotive?

I know that you have all been very patently waiting for me to upload my Port of Brisbane route I have been holding off waiting to see if the Concrete Narrow gauge track would come but it has not...

So I have uploaded it..

I know that there is going to be the I can't find this file I can't find that file but I have not used anything that is not free and easily obtained from the DLS or the net..
I think the hardest thing for people to get is going to be the Russian track that I have used but i think pretty much everyone would have that by now anyway.

How ever saying that Please if you find there is something that you can't find let me know in the link at the bottom of this page....

Also please feel free to post your praise of my work.. LOL shameless gloating..

I have made the route for modern fast PC's if you are suffering Lag.. or low frame rate I'm sorry but my system is very fast and I have tried hard to not overload it. But with all things that look good is a price to pay.. as I don't notice the load I keep going..

I'm sure there will be some things I could have done a better job of but its my first route and if it needs it I'll fix it up and resubmit it.. that in its self is something I can understand why people do not use the DLS to release their Routes...

I tried to upload it from the CM but was not able to...

Targanon_20120225_0002.jpg
Targanon_20120225_0004.jpg

Targanon_20120225_0005.jpg

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?86082-Port-of-Brisbane

...PN seem reluctant to sell anything to preservation groups after X31 went to SRHC, and the day it returned to active service it went on hire to El Zorro...

The thing about X31 though was there was already a deal in place with FA and SRHC before PN took over that after it had performed it's duties with FA it would be passed on to SRHC for preservation. With S301 however there's no other deals in place, and with PN not wanting to help out the competition (makes sense, they're trying to run a business) S301 may well be scrapped. Rumors are though that all the H's and P's down at North Geelong are being reactivated, so scrapping S301 (or 306 for that matter) would be pretty stupid as it has 700 more hp than the H/P's.

@targanon, looks fantastic mate, can't wait to download it :)

Speaking of S301... ;)
d9b71c90bb5e0cb40e6a76aefaf6126d.jpg

Tom :)

The crew of 4841 rest while waiting for a bulk wheat train from the South on 6th of April, 1989.
dimi_108_20120225_0001.jpg

4451 departs Tarana for Bathurst on the spring morning of September 1986
dimi_108_20120225_0014.jpg

Just two for today :)

Between East Hills and Holsworthy:
eh-2012-02-25-%5B1%5D.jpg

Testing out the improved catenary and another variation... turned out alright:
eh-2012-02-25-%5B2%5D.jpg

Great shots all!

@Deadly
, have you modelled the campbelltown area yet? Would love to see some shots

Also, does anyone know of any track maintenance vehicles on the dls that are Australian looking?

cheers,
Michael

@Michael sorry there aren't any on the DLS though i wish there were.
Anyway back to the screenshots.
Date:mid 1977 The C38s are nearing the end of their NSWGR service 3801 is ready to go it's new owner 3801 limited
3801 poses for a photo while a Qantas Concorde flies overhead.
jaxonjared_20120225_0002copy.jpg

@Deadly, have you modelled the campbelltown area yet? Would love to see some shots
Not yet, I've only done the terrain and trackwork for the areas south of Minto station. I've done some basic stuff around Ingleburn with a chunk of the work being done at Macquarie Fields and Glenfield.

Also, does anyone know of any track maintenance vehicles on the dls that are Australian looking? cheers, Michael
Michael, If you are after modern track maintenance vehicles, then search 'Plasser' on the DLS. That should get you started. Deadly, Dimi_108, Ghosty, Patchy and Targanon, I love all your respective works, each a winner in their own unique ways. Cheers, Matt.

Back