Australian screenshots

Well, pardon me. If that's your attitude, go help yourself! Kidding, guys.

It's a good start. What i would do now is lay a stretch of road, and place a few shops down in front of the station, give the citizens a parking lot for the station and shops, then put in a few houses. It doesn't have to be too many, and at this stage detail doesn't count all that much. It's the feel of things you're after; sorting out what does and doesn't fit in the scene.

Try that, and see what develops. Who knows, you may be surprised at what you do once you start.

Post a few more when you have done that, and i'll take alook see and criticize the hell outta it! Nah, i'll tell you what i think, then say 'go forth and build,' or something.

If anyone else wants to jump in where i left off, and provide a few pointers of their own, go ahead. I won't be near a computer for the rest of the evening, so won't see what develops until tomorrow sometime.

Cheers,

Matt.

Last edited:
*adds my 5c* Often, less is more - I try to implement the 150m rule, vis, the idea is to model only up to 150m either side of the line, and its amazing what can be done in so doing (since the point is designed to be driving a train, or watching it roll past - not be looking at a single outhouse, 3 miles from the railway line :))

I try to implement the 150m rule

I love coming to this thread for this reason - it may be a texturing hint, a landscaping hint or something like this - everyone has their own "rules" they use when making a map, and often, picking up someone elses "rule" and testing it will often help ones own development. Thanks for that little gem Muliebuck, I'll keep that one in my head!

*adds my 5c* Often, less is more - I try to implement the 150m rule, vis, the idea is to model only up to 150m either side of the line, and its amazing what can be done in so doing (since the point is designed to be driving a train, or watching it roll past - not be looking at a single outhouse, 3 miles from the railway line :))
Interesting..

I work from something similar to that. I only try and do areas which are visible from the railway tracks. Sometimes that can mean doing upto 500m+ away from the railway tracks though.

That said, things like grass are basically constrained to within 40m of the railway tracks on my CityRail route so it'll still be usable. :hehe:

SAR Melton Valley wont work in 09

My Trainz is stuffed, cant open it nothing, I tried to download Melton Valley as It said it is on the DLS for 2009, Nope. TRS2009, gone, broken, crashed, done.

SARRailways

ha! thats nothing. Whenever I open trainz the whole menu, map and everything else Jitters like crazy! Managed to temporarely fix it by installing a new graphics driver but It still Jitters after 10 or so mins of moving around, which sucks because all I do is make routes:(

ha! thats nothing. Whenever I open trainz the whole menu, map and everything else Jitters like crazy! Managed to temporarely fix it by installing a new graphics driver but It still Jitters after 10 or so mins of moving around, which sucks because all I do is make routes:(

If using Nvidia gfx card for Trainz I had the jittering as well with any driver older then 196.21. Tried all drivers past that and my surveyor and driver jitters like crazy constantly. But 196.21 works perfectly.

I run Trainz in a window and always noticed with 196.21 my frame rate was about 60fps, and with the newer drivers it would sit around 600fps and I think that has something to do with the jittering imo. Somehow the newer drivers are losing control of the framerate or something I feel. This is something I would investigate, but since the older drivers work and all I do is Trainz and flight simming, and all works as intended. I can not be bothered LOL.

So if using Nvidia card, try rolling back to 196.21 and see how you go.

Cheers

Trent

It was the track!!

I'd just about given up on running anything decent in 09 because of fairly jerky performance, when "bing" the thought occured to me that it could be my old chunky mesh track. So, let's try a stitched mesh track! ....and oh what a difference :D

davido_20100702_0035.jpg

davido_20100702_0045.jpg

So I made one that looks the same but performs a whole lot better.

:cool:
David

Stupid SAR Melton Valley on TRS2009 GRRR!!!!

Hi Trainzerz

I had found Forest_Runners SAR Melton Valley route on the TRS2009 DLS and tried to download it. Now it says that he route is damaged or has missing files, when everyhing downloaded good. Please help Forrest_Runner or someone. Looking good Davido. And in the lil image for the CN NG Running shed on the DLS, where can I find those steam locos???

Thanks, SARRailways :D:):D:)

Hi Trainzerz

I had found Forest_Runners SAR Melton Valley route on the TRS2009 DLS and tried to download it. Now it says that he route is damaged or has missing files, when everyhing downloaded good. Please help Forrest_Runner or someone. Looking good Davido. And in the lil image for the CN NG Running shed on the DLS, where can I find those steam locos???

Thanks, SARRailways :D:):D:)

It isn't working because the build number is to new for TS2009 to recognise. It looks like you won't be able to use it as it was really made for TS2010.

Timo

It isn't working because the build number is to new for TS2009 to recognise. It looks like you won't be able to use it as it was really made for TS2010.

Timo

On the DLS it's listed as TS2009 SP4 / TS2010 (???).

I've actually ripped TS2009 from my machine... so I don't know about patches, builds and the like. Has it got anything to do with not having the latest TS2009 build?? Don't know the answer... just asking is all.

Checked out Trent's Port Levendale modular route. This modular release concept is awesome!!

First part is in and around the port itself with 4893 & 4836 with a motley collection of steel products...

pt1t.jpg

pt2e.jpg

Second part is 4527 bringing in the midday passenger...

pt3l.jpg

pt4b.jpg

pt5z.jpg

Thanks Trent... nice work!! :wave:

Very nice as always Davido, but fire the photographer of the last shot *chuckles* no, seriously, always a pleasure to look at your work - and many others of late, have truly lifted the content creation (yes, I could route builders as well) who are excelling at producing some incredible content.

Very nice guys, love that track too David :D

Mucking around with my favourite colour scheme/era :p
f9bb7eeee8884ee64c86136adbcd3c0b.jpg

9ecb925e009c5975acae2ee8640cc1f1.jpg

13eab89db95dc6cca2220f51bb7096b6.jpg

Hmm not a long train! hehe!
d9c887bfd72423dd47652d1bd0771270.jpg

Tom :)

Back