Australian screenshots

I know this is not the totally appropriate thread, but it's really the only AUS specific thread on the forums, and I would like some AUS feedback....

After a few months sabbatical following a recent loss I am looking to get back to Trainz and purchase and update my route to 2019 standard. In your opinion which version should I get. I see I can get packs for US and UK only content for much cheaper than full price. I don't really care for either content. My only interest is NSWGR, much of which is based on community developed content. I would want a "hard copy" DVD version of TRS2019, not a digital download. Do I really need to pay (approx) $100 AU$ to get this? Or will one of the cheaper (US or UK) versions be OK as a base for NSWGR (with community content) modelling?

Phil

I know this is not the totally appropriate thread, but it's really the only AUS specific thread on the forums, and I would like some AUS feedback....

After a few months sabbatical following a recent loss I am looking to get back to Trainz and purchase and update my route to 2019 standard. In your opinion which version should I get. I see I can get packs for US and UK only content for much cheaper than full price. I don't really care for either content. My only interest is NSWGR, much of which is based on community developed content. I would want a "hard copy" DVD version of TRS2019, not a digital download. Do I really need to pay (approx) $100 AU$ to get this? Or will one of the cheaper (US or UK) versions be OK as a base for NSWGR (with community content) modelling?

Phil

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Phil.

When I thought about the fact that any routes created in TRS19 cannot be installed in T:ANE or earlier versions,... I purchased the cheaper version of TRS19.

This is why any routes I'm building, I do it in TANE first, which caters for the bulk of Trainzers and which can be easily uploaded into TRS19, then modified, etc.

The program is basically the same , whichever way you look at it.

It's your choice mate.
Cheers,
Roy

Thanks Roy. In the end I decided to support a good cause and get the full product. $118 after postage and exchange rates !

Agree with the comments about that grass Graeme.

Phil

Hey All Just Thought id show off some of my progress around LMC (Lithgow Maintenance Centre) Iv done all the track-work and most of the wiring. still needs scenery. :D

Cheers, Ryan

Last edited:
Nice work there Ryan, and I particularly like your platform building. Did you happen to create that one yourself or is it freely available?

I was looking for something similar for my Redfern platform buildings.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Thanks fellas, I'm really liking the PBR textures.
Nice shots Ryan, that Auscision B class looks very nice in the background too.

Between Woonona and Bellambi

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Nice work there Ryan, and I particularly like your platform building. Did you happen to create that one yourself or is it freely available?

I was looking for something similar for my Redfern platform buildings.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers mate,
Roy

hey Roy. The station building is available on DLS, “NSW A8 Station Bldg” there are also A6 A3 A2 And A1 Varieties of it. The roof is a SAM platform roof but I’m not 100% Sure the name of it.

Thanks Graeme, your woonona bellambi section looks nice. That scrap yard it still used today and looks the same as the real one. Not much has changed about it since now and then.

Hello learned friends
I just got the auto numbering working on Peter's and I's C38's in TRS19 but is there way to then get the tender to auto match the locos number ??

Thanks

hey Roy. The station building is available on DLS, “NSW A8 Station Bldg” there are also A6 A3 A2 And A1 Varieties of it. The roof is a SAM platform roof but I’m not 100% Sure the name of it.

Thanks Ryan,

You wouldn't believe it. I had already downloaded all of the NSW 'A' Series (with the exception of the A8) and that was, because I could see that they were associated with smaller country stations. So I didn't push on to the A8.

Now, I can certainly use it on my route after all. I also found the 'SAM Platform Roof Type 2' which could be useful as well.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Hello learned friends
I just got the auto numbering working on Peter's and I's C38's in TRS19 but is there way to then get the tender to auto match the locos number ??

Thanks

TANE and TRS19 will do this automatically, but you will need to ensure that the tender has the tag 'tender 1' in it.

Once you do this, place the locomotive first, and then place the tender coupled to the locomotive. It should then automatically detect the locomotive's number.

Regards

I've been doing a little more work on my Circular Quay wharves (dated back in the 1950s) and that was when, it was necessary to purchase 'tokens' to get through the turnstiles.

The only turnstiles available on the DLS are the modern version, so I've created my own from a 'Trove' newspaper image. They were made from dark hardwood.

Here's a screenshot and will be included in my route when it's finally finished.

Ferry-Turnstiles1.jpg

Ferry-Turnstiles2.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

thanks mate will have a play
TANE and TRS19 will do this automatically, but you will need to ensure that the tender has the tag 'tender 1' in it.

Once you do this, place the locomotive first, and then place the tender coupled to the locomotive. It should then automatically detect the locomotive's number.

Regards

Another one of the things i'm working on. Steven has made a model of some pacific national NHSH/NHFF Coal hoppers. me and him are doing it, im making all the skins via a gecko script. i'm using the same technique as what memeboy does and pasting photoreal images on and making adjustments. here seen in Lithgow is the NHFF/NHSH Sitting in its early stages of progress. Id like to thank David Melling for providing the gecko script allowing the coal hoppers to have different variants on weathering and graffiti. If anyone has any side on Images of NHFF/NHSH coal hoppers Id really appreciate you sending them.

Cheers, Ryan.

Hi there,

If you want to change or manually set running no’s. on memeboy’s trains goto edit properties and where you see the string saying “No Running Number” , click on it and specify a custom number. Remember that the first two digits are for the set number target plates, the other four digits are the carriage nos. I think that’s the right structure for numbering it though but I ain’t sure.

So if you want a target plate on the front panel of any train to display the set number on there it right and you want just say (S41, C3946) (this is an S Set train designation) for example, you would type 41 in the field first then enter 3946 without indenting it out (no spaces). You will get the result: 413946

Additionally, if you want auto-numbering on ALL memeboys trains goto content manager -> open for editing/edit config.txt
and add a tag
”vehicle-running-numbers” , then enter the range values like (a,b) where:

a is the lowest integer value
b is the highest integer value

Example: 013078, 993966

Also, you will have to add open and closing curly brackets after the tag and integer values otherwise you get an error message saying
”The Tag “xxx” is not permitted within a container of type “xxx”
The format should look like this:
xxx
{
(a,b)
}

Auto-numbering will generate random numbers within the range integer values in which that you’ve set before and will keep randomising until it can’t generate anymore.
If you’re happily satisfied with the changes you’ve made save the config.txt then commit the asset. It shouldn’t come up as faulty. I hope this helps you mate.
Scripting assets are not my favourite thing should hire an exterminator though it is a VERY dreaded task job especially if you were to fix errors in a script knowing which line number it is located on, it can be very frustratingly and daunting. So in other words, writing a script for a particular asset is an ABSOLUTE pain in the arse if you’re new to the job.

Lspdyiu

nevermind I figured it out already

They look great Barisbeer!

These will be very much at home on Mine and Graeme's South Coast Line.
Eagerly awaiting these. :)

Hey All, Heres a Quick Preview of the Coal Hoppers So Far!

Some Of The Coal Hoppers Seen In Lithgow Maintenance Centre

Cheers, Ryan :)

Last edited:
Back