Australian screenshots

Nice work Hewi can i ask if you get warnings or error's when trying to install content into Tane that has no LOD please mate ?.
Cheers Mick.

Can't say I have any error's Mick, only a few warnings here and there about mesh files, but no problems using the content at all.

the Ipswich to Boonah-Dugandan Fassifern branch railway

towards Teviotville

towards Teviotville

towards Teviotville

towards Teviotville

looks like a house burned down

Teviotville farms + station

Hi all. Just a couple of progress shots on Echuca. Close as I could get with what I could find available and still a lot to do.
Cheers Baz.

9bec11486a6871121c7d290895ff2963.jpg

aad88325b7539accf20620e88aa71b68.jpg

c630db9dec97a8ab41edfd64cf9a4097.jpg

G'day everyone, now that Goulburn Murray Lines is completed and on the DLS, I am searching for my next project. I contacted Jerker and got permission to use his DEM files from Victrainz, so it looks like it will be one of those, but at this stage I'm still not sure which one. Any requests? LOL. I have learnt heaps about route building in the last few months and it keeps my brain active. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I had a few screenies left over from yesterdays preparations to upload, so I thought I would share them.

Wunghnu

0a20392981fbb4bf0744bb29aa17236c.jpg

Pine Lodge
07d3d95e37aefc8b7e9625c949e902db.jpg

Mywee
7fb783c49cc7a85ef70e2c564e818acd.jpg

Murray River bridge at Tocumwal
0830f95db13072ebbeadb8f01ad4b697.jpg

Tocumwal yard
2aca411258ed0ddc600d59259a0e5428.jpg

Keep up the great work everyone
cheers,
Graeme

the Ipswich to Boonah-Dugandan Fassifern branch railway

Teviotville

Teviotville goods and farms

074. Teviotville station and cream shed

G'day everyone, now that Goulburn Murray Lines is completed and on the DLS, I am searching for my next project. I contacted Jerker and got permission to use his DEM files from Victrainz, so it looks like it will be one of those, but at this stage I'm still not sure which one. Any requests? LOL.
Graeme

Hi Graeme

This map might help with some inspiration! :) http://www.victorianrailways.net/vr map/vrmap.pdf

I'd be tempted to suggest the Mildura line; considering it had a good variety of passenger and goods services (oil depot was still going till the 2000s!). That said, from memory, crews ran Mildura to Donald (plus the Morkalla and possibly Ouyen branches - that'd become quite a huge route with around 200 miles on the main line!). But Mildura to somewhere would still be quite an interesting route IMO. From memory everything except C, X, S, and H class locos went out there in the steam days (actually, not sure about Rs).

Just a left of field thought :)

Zec

G'day everyone, now that Goulburn Murray Lines is completed and on the DLS, I am searching for my next project. I contacted Jerker and got permission to use his DEM files from Victrainz, so it looks like it will be one of those, but at this stage I'm still not sure which one. Any requests? LOL. I have learnt heaps about route building in the last few months and it keeps my brain active. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I had a few screenies left over from yesterdays preparations to upload, so I thought I would share them.

Geelong to Ballarat? ;)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I see there is a Albury to Violet town on Victrainz so I will have a look at that DEM and see if it tickles my fancy. Jerker did say he was updating Melb to Bairnsdale and its in my local area and I used to fire on that route when I first started with Vicrail. Theres a lot to choose from. I'll do a bit of research and see what I come up with. I didn't see a DEM for the Mildura line but who knows what the future holds. I don't know if I could lay a track as rough as the one from Ouyen to Murrayville. @Zec, when I was relieving fireman from Dynon, Mildura crews only went as far as Ouyen and Ouyen crews went to Mildura, Murrayville and Birchip. Pinnaroo was closed before I got there.
cheers,
Graeme

Graeme, if you're building Albury to Violet Town I'll send ya my starting point. I built Albury and Wodonga station/yard, then got bored. Mid 70s/80s based, Standard Gauge and Broad Gauge

Now, here's a little tutorial I've been thinking about as soon as I roasted you all about your texturing: trackwork. It's one of my favourite parts of route building, and I can guess that's not a feeling shared by many.

http://forum.victrainz.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2405

*Insert Obligatory screenshot here*

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Jamie :D

Evening All; Just a quick few from myself showcasing my QR DL locomotive.

Fresh from overhaul; DL 1 'Etheridge' undergoes load trials on the Dawson Valley branch.
trainz89_20160605_0001_zpsvzyuylim.jpg

trainz89_20160605_0002_zpsrg5rxzta.jpg

trainz89_20160605_0003_zpsdjhvdmsn.jpg

trainz89_20160605_0004_zpsikoaqwvv.jpg

trainz89_20160605_0005_zpszypyi6p1.jpg

Regards,

M.G

Last edited:
Graeme, if you're building Albury to Violet Town I'll send ya my starting point. I built Albury and Wodonga station/yard, then got bored. Mid 70s/80s based, Standard Gauge and Broad Gauge

Now, here's a little tutorial I've been thinking about as soon as I roasted you all about your texturing: trackwork. It's one of my favourite parts of route building, and I can guess that's not a feeling shared by many.

http://forum.victrainz.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2405

*Insert Obligatory screenshot here*

**great screenie removed**

Jamie :D
Thanks Jamie, still haven't decided yet. I have even looked at merging Main South with Albury - Violet town, but that would be a huge undertaking at my skill level. Still learning and don't want to rush in to something and get bored with it. Melb - Bdale files work now they have been updated, so that's a possibility.
cheers,
Graeme

Thanks Jamie, still haven't decided yet. I have even looked at merging Main South with Albury - Violet town, but that would be a huge undertaking at my skill level. Still learning and don't want to rush in to something and get bored with it.
cheers,
Graeme

Now ya talking go the Main South thru to Albury-Violet Town it could be a huge team project Greame, Jamie has the bottom end tied up so yeah would be a cool project.
Cheers Mick.:mop:

Now ya talking go the Main South thru to Albury-Violet Town it could be a huge team project Greame, Jamie has the bottom end tied up so yeah would be a cool project.
Cheers Mick.:mop:
If I can get it to line up it might be a goer, as it's got both gauges and is huge. No Maffra line on the Melb to Bdale and I'd have to merge that too, but in 3 places. I'll give merging Cootamundra to Violet town a crack and we'll see what happens.
cheers,
Graeme

Back