Australian screenshots

Hey all,
Two 2600s lead a loaded mineral train. It stalled going up a massive grade so another 26 and 1460 had to rescue the stranded train,
Screenshot_421.png

Screenshot_422.png

Cheers, Dylan :)

Some latest WIP shots from "WeddinNSW: Southlines to the Lachlan"

I have spent the last few days working around Murrumburrah. The station building has been uploaded to the DLS, and should be available soon (thanks to ad602000 for allowing me to reskin his original model).

Murrumburrah%2C-NSW.jpg

Murrumburrah%2C-NSW.jpg

Murrumburrah%2C-NSW.jpg

A bit further south, at Demondrille. The coal stage still stands in 1967.

Demondrille%2C-NSW.jpg

Demondrille%2C-NSW.jpg

Finally, a couple more from Wallendbeen, with some slight changes since the last shots I posted from this location.

Wallendbeen%2C-NSW.jpg

Wallendbeen%2C-NSW.jpg

Last edited:
twGyvJk
twGyvJk
2020-09-07-152411.jpg

V70 approaches it final destination of Kiama, seen departing Bombo.

2020-08-29-172226.jpg

G10 crossing Stanwell Park viaduct.

2020-07-14-111329.jpg

N6 rockets past the cameraman heading for Bomaderry.

I usually capture my screenshots about midday, but just for something different here are some late afternoon shots.

Late afternoon sun glowing on the silos at Grenfell.
Late-afternoon.jpg

Anyone for cricket? Young.
Late-afternoon.jpg

Late-afternoon.jpg

Approaching Kingsvale
Late-afternoon.jpg

Late-afternoon.jpg

Late-afternoon.jpg

All going well (and with a big thanks to tomtre and NSWGR_46class), I will be uploading the latest Weddin update for TRS 2019 SP1 in the next few days. Watch out for "WeddinNSW: Southlines to the Lachlan" , coming soon.

There doesn't appear to be any tram tracks that are suitable for Sydney streets. Well,...I've not found any as yet, so I've been toying around with some bitumen roads that I built with the same textures which I'm using with the tram tracks.

tram-tracks-1a.jpg

What I've done is to make a single tram track and a dual track into bitumen. These can be used with other roads available. I've tested a track with the cat wires included, but found some problems, which makes the whole exercise a bigger problem.
I then extended a single tram track to include the roadway and sidewalk.
tram-tracks-1.jpg

Still some work to do on this little project.

Cheers,
Roy

Very nice work on the tram tracks and roads Roy. Phil, I really like the more muted afternoon shots. Coming along nicely Ryan.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Keep up the great work everyone and stay healthy!
cheers
Graeme

Hi All.

After years of messing around, I have finally got a in game set of standard Queensland Railways Main Line Electrification (MLE) Overhead Catenary. Based on examples at Woondum & Traveston on the North Coast Railway. These are made to a standard height as per the Chief Engineers Department of 5.86m but other heights will be made to co-act with a pantograph script as per the prototype. it is hoped that these can make the DLS after beta testing, as they would be perfect for any modern route to the present day.

Woondum with Catenary

Cheers
Mich

A fine job you've done with those cat poles Mich. It's a winner !!

Is there any particular cat wire you would recommend be used to link to them ??

Or, have you considered combining your post with a suitable cat wire?

As a guide, elstoko knocked up <kuid2:368725:30126:1> NSWGR catenary with stanchion spline for gently-curving single track, LH cant which look pretty good.

Cheers,
Roy

A fine job you've done with those cat poles Mich. It's a winner !!

Is there any particular cat wire you would recommend be used to link to them ??

Or, have you considered combining your post with a suitable cat wire?

As a guide, elstoko knocked up <kuid2:368725:30126:1> NSWGR catenary with stanchion spline for gently-curving single track, LH cant which look pretty good.

Cheers,
Roy

Thank you kindly Roy, it has been nearly 7 years of hard work and plenty of procrastination. These are trackside assets, which can be placed like any track side scenery to suit and are height variable with a concrete base per the prototype. As part of the QR City Train project, we did trial the use of a spline but it kept distorting the lod mesh and especially on tight corners. So in trial and error, I toyed with creating as a trackside asset then using my own spline wire to thread into the poles. The results appear as below, of which I am pretty happy how they turned out and baked with lighting shadows.

I shall be creating to match the Catenary Poles, a standard height variable wire as a solid mesh spline. As to keep with the realistic approach with the routes as inline with the QR Chief Engineers specifications, having a solid wire thread onto the panto-graph. I shall post more when they come.

Regards

Mich

N CLASS LOCOMOTIVES INCOMING!

AusTrainz is proud to announce the release of the Victorian N Class Locomotives. Stefan has done a sensational job on his first AT release, covering multiple liveries and modifications that the class had received in its early years (modern versions coming soon).

Find them on our website now! https://www.austrainz.com/

*Please note, these have only been designed and tested for TRS19 SP1 (PC) and above ONLY. Even though they are compatible with T:ANE SP2/3, we cannot guarantee they will work in earlier versions of Trainz and provide no support for people attempting to get them to work in earlier versions of Trainz

118889431_2723196287948367_558168505244996299_o.png

Back