Australian screenshots

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Hi Graeme,

I can visually picture that image you’re using one of R51’s Single Light Signalling equipment to signal your route eh. Did you intend to use EITs to prototypically operate the signals for the route/session? Track also looks quite procedural and realistic too having some of the sleepers embedded inside the ballast. I reckon that’s Samplaires Track you’re using. Quite relatively the same track type used mostly in Sydney NSW routes. Last but not least; amazing capture, well done mate.

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Thanks for the suggestion mate, but unfortunately the track shown on the asset itself is not listed as a separate track kuid. Most probably built into the asset itself.

So it can't be interchanged; and as well, it cannot be changed without the authors permission. I wouldn't breach that, particularly if I intend to share my route.

Cheers,
Roy

oh that’s a pity oh well there’s always another alternatives to fashioning the track design but still good luck

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Hi Graeme,

I can visually picture that image you’re using one of R51’s Single Light Signalling equipment to signal your route eh. Did you intend to use EITs to prototypically operate the signals for the route/session? Track also looks quite procedural and realistic too having some of the sleepers embedded inside the ballast. I reckon that’s Samplaires Track you’re using. Quite relatively the same track type used mostly in Sydney NSW routes. Last but not least; amazing capture, well done mate.

Regards,
Lspdyiu
Now that I have the route back, I have noticed a lot of the signals are different and there is at least one EIT at Thirroul. It is indeed Samplaire track with matching ballast though I would prefer to use Elstoko's NSW track, it's a bit too green and shiny for now. I'm pretty much just producing the scenery for the route and letting Taggy do his thing with trackwork and fine tuning. It's a very large route, Sutherland to Kiama and up to Mossvale as well and the scenery is really just getting started. The next couple of months should see a few more parts of the map being worked on with some interesting challenges ahead.
Thanks very much for the compliments.
cheers
Graeme

I have started to update the signals to Ranger's however I cant finish the job until he releases the remainder of the 3 Aspect set. I would like to use EITs at some point however I cant get them to work properly in 19 yet on my machine.

Sutherland and surrounds are done with the Ranger's Double Light signals, but not bi directional as this map is modeled before that was installed. I have not yet laid the track to Crounlla though as I haven't found maps or photos that help with the original trackwork before it was duplicated.

I do indeed use Elstoko's track and hopefully he'll revisit it soon to update it for 2019 to remove the green colours.

Graeme does an incredible job with the textures and scenery, it is so good to see this map come to life through his hard work.

I have started to update the signals to Ranger's however I cant finish the job until he releases the remainder of the 3 Aspect set. I would like to use EITs at some point however I cant get them to work properly in 19 yet on my machine.

Sutherland and surrounds are done with the Ranger's Double Light signals, but not bi directional as this map is modeled before that was installed. I have not yet laid the track to Crounlla though as I haven't found maps or photos that help with the original trackwork before it was duplicated.

I do indeed use Elstoko's track and hopefully he'll revisit it soon to update it for 2019 to remove the green colours.

Graeme does an incredible job with the textures and scenery, it is so good to see this map come to life through his hard work.

Aaron, I've found Google Earth Pro set-up to show obsolete train, tram and ferry routes extremely helpful. Blue lines are current and pink lines are obsolete.

As an example, this map of Sutherland shows the now obsolete branch line to the cemetery, and the spur line to the tram museum at Loftus. Then in the 2nd shot,.. the line to the Royal National Park.
map-sutherland-line.jpg

map-sutherland-line-2.jpg

The line to Cronulla had a single line with crossing loops up until 1985, when the dual track was laid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronulla_railway_line

Great work Aaron and Graeme.

Cheers,
Roy

Double 82's Team Up with MC91 Seen passing Helensburgh.

Good going with the 82 hopefully will have auto-numbering when its released.
Have to admit, this model has more crisp and sharp detail than Davidos one (no criticism, everyone loves Davidos original 82 from Worrybrook site). Say; may I suggest something, I was thinking should you use chameleon livery script to give the loco selections of different body paintwork weathering ranging from clean to patchy to dirty and perhaps giving the loco a verity of company livery textures to suit the loco for example: Pacific National, FreightCorp, FreightRail, Freight Australia, VLine, CFCLA, SSR, CRL and more to name.

Also, is that a snowplough below the coupler unit? Noticed the same on Davidos 82 also has a concaved wedge look

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Lspdyiu, the 82’s will have 4 livery’s, Freight Rail, Freight Corp, Freight Corp with PN Decals And PN stars. It will include in cab shutters, Opening and closing windows, animated windscreen wipers and also ARN

Cheers Ryan

A few more adjustments and additional textures to the tunnels I'm working on.

I've changed the track to <kuid:132952:151544> SAM Trk - II/B v6 and incorporated some of ranger_51's NSW signals, which all work very effectively.

tunnel-single-trk.jpg

Laying track side-by-side so that signals also line up, can be fiddly. So I've placed a subtle marker to make it a little easier.
tunnel-dual-trk.jpg

I've also made a couple of Tunnel Portals (still locating better face textures), which can be attached to the tunnel splines to suit different settings.
tunnel-portal.jpg

Well, I'd better get back into it.
Cheers,
Roy

Hi Roy,
Your making of the tunnel assets look so elegantly structural design masterpiece work I must say. Is the track your using is procedural?

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Hi Roy,
Your making of the tunnel assets look so elegantly structural design masterpiece work I must say. Is the track your using is procedural?

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Thanks mate for your nice comments.

The reason I picked this track is because it is the closest I could find to our City Circle tunnels. It also looks good with any junctions;

tunnel-track-1.jpg

.... and,... it also has the identical track height to elstoko's protrack. So exiting a tunnel with a concrete base will link easily enough to any gravel or ash ballast track.
tunnel-track-2.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

A few black and white shots from around Thirlmere. This isn't a full route, just a small section centred on the station/yard area some time after the redevelopment of the museum. (The images have been photoshopped a little bit to increase the contrast and turn them black and white).

Thirlmere-NSW.jpg

Thirlmere-NSW.jpg

Thirlmere-NSW.jpg

Thirlmere-NSW.jpg

Regards,
Ranger_51

hQQwjvd8
hQQwjvd8

The 2 Newcastle Ksets at Hamilton. Oh by the way everyone, Memeboy's website is back up, he changed it a little bit.

regards,

Thomas912

nks.png

hQQwjvd8
hQQwjvd8

Oh by the way everyone, Memeboy's website is back up, he changed it a little bit.

regards,

Thomas912

Thomas912
Yeah he has done a bit of bug fixes on his site but he hasn’t yet released new stuff though. His Sydney Monorail Train model project shall soon be coming out as well as the monorail track he’ll be releasing out as well. I plan to integrate a monorail system on my route when this news is coming out. Good shot of your image.

Your scenery shot is practically coming to life, so graphically made matruck, well done mate.
Could be clutter effects be added.

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Back