Australian screenshots

needing quarry items

hi all
i need some of these that were around between 1930 and 1960.
i cant find anything like them on the dls

anybody know where some might be?
i know i saw some a few years back, but cant remember where now

thanks
ron

G'day Ron,
There are a few variations of the same steam shovel similar to that in your picture on the DLS by Jananton. Search for SteamShovel and take a look :)
JBS SteamShovel catbased,<kuid:307559:1116>

Cheers
Stevo

You beat me to that one Stevo
Ron,
dinorius_redundicus #68213, Lots of old stuff he has created
You might want to also punch in 'Blitz Truck' too

Cheers,
Patchy

nswgr_46class_20140917_0000_zps6b04d848.jpg

nswgr_46class_20140917_0004_zps2dfb1c86.jpg

Nice mate how come you never did any WAGR or NSWGR F7's West Aussie even had F7's

I don't believe WAGR had anything like an F7, but Mount Newman Mining did.

BTW Timothetoolman, where are those G Class from? They don't look like vinnybarb's.

Last edited:
The Gs are old Victrainz betas by Ad602000 from about 4 years ago. Not sure if they were ever released but I've done a number of modifications to them as time went by. From my bery limited understanding of the class these represent the 1st series locos.

On the subject of the F units, I never made NSWGR-liveried locos as they weren't of much interest, as it was with any WAGR units. When researching liveries I looked at Victoria during the 1970s and 1980s, by which point a number of CR locos were loaned to the VR for SG (and some BG) use. I'm aware a few former WP-F units ended up working in WA but there is very little in terms of research images to go from, at least in a decent state. Then again they aren't really of interest either to me.

Tim

Neither did the anybody else in Australia have anything else like a F7 apart from Mt Newman Mining in West Aussie the irony for me is he did not do one for a state that did in fact have F7's

I don't believe WAGR had anything like an F7, but Mount Newman Mining did.

BTW Timothetoolman, where are those G Class from? They don't look like vinnybarb's.

Neither did the anybody else in Australia have anything else like a F7 apart from Mt Newman Mining in West
Kinda redundant to ask for them in NSWGR liveries then, don't you think? ;)
Also, as a note, sounds like the VR S classes are slipping your mind; essentially F/E units built by the same company, EMD, for the VR. Much more like them than most of the NSW Bulldogs. Also, if Tim did make the liveries of the F7s that states DID have, that Newman Mining Co. unit would be the ONLY one... then we wouldn't have any of the fantastic pieces made available. :)

Cheers
Stevo

Kinda redundant to ask for them in NSWGR liveries then, don't you think? ;)
Also, as a note, sounds like the VR S classes are slipping your mind; essentially F/E units built by the same company, EMD, for the VR. Much more like them than most of the NSW Bulldogs. Also, if Tim did make the liveries of the F7s that states DID have, that Newman Mining Co. unit would be the ONLY one... then we wouldn't have any of the fantastic pieces made available. :)

Cheers
Stevo

Nar having the MNM F7 would be amazing - also having NSWGR F7's would be amazing

The VR S and the F7 about the only thing they have in common is there are both EMD units thats why they even have different builders model numbers
nswgr_46class_20140919_0001_zpsa6bc3629.jpg

nswgr_46class_20140919_0004_zpsc8915e72.jpg

As do the rest ;) All I'm saying is that any NSWGR livery would be about as accurate as the VR's... that being said, a modified Tuscan livery would be sure to catch my eye :D

Doing different variations of this G would not be easy as the mesh parts are if for want of a better way of describing it moldered in colour and it does not wear a skin as most 3D models do
I'd love to see some other liveries - CFCLA, SCT, maybe even PN and FA.

Last edited:
Back