Australian screenshots

Hey All,
just thought id share a few screenshots around my Eastern NSW Route Which Is slowly coming together.
i'm currently using basemaps, Six maps and DRKD Diagrams to Put this route together.

After Just Exiting the tunnel the express to Bondi Junction is seen passing through Coalcliff

V set seen passing Stanwell Park on its way to Kiama whilst L251 Flys Past with a manildra train from bomaderry.

Triple 48 class seen sitting in dunmore quarry with a limestone train.

An All stations to waterfall Service Is seen passing through Helensburgh.

Cheers, Ryan

Ive used Boats ASB to control most of the diamond crossings and am getting my head around the EIT to use as well.
Current EIT is at Sefton junctions where it controls 8 paths between the various lines - all good so far.

Will it ever be finished - who knows but it keeps my brain active especially setting up the Schedule library and allocating to AI trains generated by various portals which is my main interest and challenge.
I can either add more Kms of track or add scenery to that already built, maybe a little of both.

Thanks to all content creators for your great work - keep it coming.
PG

The only challenge/frustration on my end regarding portal generation and consuming of vehicles are:

• Portals failed/refused to spawn vehicles after the first time length due (eg: 10am (default) - 10.30am), spawn interval: 30 mins. It also did the same behaviour as for consumption of trains, it didn’t behave right so to deal with the case I used the “Delete Train” command after putting in the venue the train navigates to and that worked. In that case the portal is suppose to automatically delete all trains on the route and not matching specific criteria.

• Even if the vehicles were being spawned out of the portals, most cases are the reluctance on AI trains the commands were given expecting the AI to abide the task but failed to do so. Example: train leaves first station then navigates to the next stop on the line. Instead, it’s proven that the AIs are practically lethargic and acting idle when it is expected to follow what’s assigned to the task schedule. Absolutely shocking and problematic. Their form of “artificial intelligence”, simply takes on a negative turn meaning they lack intelligence in knowing and understanding the route properly under the circumstances.

Eit Demise

18/6/19 - Rogue Train Driver Suspended

It has come to my attention that in one of the interlocking towers in my route the signal tower WITHER make an illegal path switch to an AI train. The driver(Aya), who drives the timetabled Tangara was being told that she must terminate the train at the station(WITHER) and then reverse the operation meaning the train stops to pickup passengers and then drive in the opposite direction. Reluctantly, she failed to make a scheduled stop when she was pulled from the main (DN) onto one of the diverging tracks (UP) operated from signal tower(WITHER) despite it is in her timetable. Illegally, she also called signal tower(WITHER) to switch the next path after the station (platform 1) in she’s being told to hold the train and not proceed further down the line without absolute hindrance from the tower. Typically, the home signal must display STOP. It wasn’t included in her schedule but she took that action illegally. When I observe what’s going on in the situation (signal tower WITHER also aware of the case) something isn’t flowing well. She’s now copped 2 infringements for skipping stops and making such unnecessary calls to the tower but did not pass signal at danger. The delay was in the order from 30 to 60 minutes, other trains were running late and out of the timetable order, bustling commuters leaving them stranded on station platforms.

The Tangara driver is now being detained for being a rogue train driver, additional further investigation will be carried out after what happened according to the case. The Tangara is now shunted in one of the staging yards in WITHER. At least 3 trains were given schedule commands to do the same thing as for the lead Tangara train. The OSCAR is now supplementing the unserviceable Tangara making it 4 serviceable trains altogether (2 on Silver Sets (S), Tangara and OSCAR (replacement service)

Unfortunately, no screenshots to preview about the case sorry but I will show you the track diagrams of the interlocking done in a custom route mostly but I did use existing Nats route (Wadalbavale Line) when all this happens in the first place since I got Tane

The ASB Turnout Ctrl is that freeware? I see you’re integrating that system along with EITS making it more reliably efficient for train protection routes.

Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Ive never had any major issues with Portals and AI as you describe.
My Sydney route has 5 portals producing 12 trains at various intervals all executing schedules stored in the Schedule Library.
Ive had upwards of 40 trains running on the route and apart from my programming errors everything runs fairly smoothly.
Also have run some fairly complex combinations of Driver commands with little problem.
The ruote runs smoothly in TANE Sp3 and also TRS2019.

Still learning and adding as time passes.
This route will probably never be finished but I enjoy the challenge.

PG

40 trains, that’s a lot to run in a route/session, seems like you hold a higher video card and better processor like NVIDIA.
If I were to copy you running that many trains that would’ve not been possible. My AIs are bastardising imbeciles it’s like they suck at this job and give up on it that’s my disguise, and also it is my railway system. That’s the AI’s dispute, Absolutely linguistic. Expect or treat it as a real environmental role. If you don’t commit the tasks you were given you’re more likely to fail and not advance to the next level thus also getting excluded. Like I said I use Radeon R9 380X as that is the lower video card and because it’s low I can’t set high value percentage options in Settings. N3V did classify this on the Wiki.

The above message wasn’t directed onto anyone but I did tone up my seriousness on it that’s what AIs are committed to following.

Maybe I should upgrade my overall putor performance and better processor like you and perhaps lift up from Tane to Trs19

Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Hey guys,

You know with Memeboys Tangara Sets. In CAB Mode, you can interact several cool animating features inside a Tangara cab apart from the train controls. You can also sound the guard's P.A system too.
In addition to the P.A guards announcement should they use a HTML asset to call from a (virtual) guard to give out information on the stops in a session?
BEFORE
shot-2-tangara-cab-interior.jpg

AFTER
shot-2-tangara-cab-interior-with-interacting-crew-door-and-pa.jpg

However those buttons on the top of the crew door for the opening and closing of the door functions doesn't seem to be active
On the other hand the camera mode is set to chase view and the crew door doesn’t open as expected except when it is in CAB view (shown image above)
Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Sorry for my late reply,,
Hi Ispdyiu, When i first got into sketchup i looked into the Libarey that contained all assets that others had built and behold there was a SHB asset there and it had been built by someone named Cam,, buit it had problems it was not the correct size all the arches were in the wrong places so i edited it and even then it just didn't work or look good at all,,
So i set about building a new SHB from scratch and due to the size of the model it had to be built in 7 to 8 different sections 2 sections for side webbing, 2 sections top arch and bottom arches, the Pylons either end as 1 section, the decking, the vertical beams from the deck to the bottom arch and the entries north and south as 1 section and the hinges on the bottom arch to the vertical beams for the decking,,, it took near 10 months to build it,,, if anything is out of wack a little maybe one day i will fix it,,, when i built the SHB it had so much detail to it and if i had my time over i would have done it a different way and it would be more user friendly,,
Now as for the cranes and Beacon on top of the SHB i do have them somewhere in all the assets and i will locate them but i do have about 6 GB worth of assets to search through,,,

And Roy and myself and many others have watched Trainz develop into the best railway simmulator on the market,,, The N3V products are supported for many years by N3V and the Trainz community is continually supporting each other in the creation of all assets that is the making of a winner,,
Also i should not forget a big thanks to Mick Jenkins { ModelerMJ } 606026 For the development of the RubyTMIX: A TrainzXML Exporter that allows us to export these assets into Trainz,,,
Regards Steve

Last edited:
I've just spent the last three days tidying up around Central's underpass (back to the 1950s). I've replaced all retaining walls, fences, catenary, underpass supports and filling, re-laid and set track levels then replaced all signals. Whew!

It's amazing after you finish a section, take a few screenshots;... and then it doesn't look much different to what it looked like, when you started.
New-Central-Underpass.jpg

New-Central-Underpass-2.jpg

And then a view looking towards Central from Cleveland Street.
Cleveland-St-View.jpg

Now to sort Redfern out.
Cheers,

Roy

And here is V62 leaving Redfern Platform 11 on a Bondi Junction service from Kiama. Thank you Roy3B3 for this great route.

Regards,

T

v62.png

Finally, we have a Tangara on platform 2 at Macdonaldtown on a service to Museum via Town Hall and an SSet arriving on platform 1 heading to Bankstown

Regards,

T

t-and-s.png

Good on you Thomas. Thanks for the kind words mate.

Hopefully one day I will finally get my 1950s layout completed, and I might get a chance to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Cheers,
Roy

So how did you open the cab door?
Hi Thomas912
Ah, the Tangara crew cab door you’d mention about my screenshots previously was opened only and other interactions if you’re in realistic mode(CAB) and you’re in an actual cab and not outside of it. It doesn’t work if the control mode is set to simplified DCC mode. If you have QuickDrive enabled you’ll be able to switch train control mode. Try it then take a screenshot of it. First time discovering this interaction. If you navigate the mouse cursor over the guard’s P.A box and click on the phone it sounds the alert function from the guard’s address. Open by DRAGGING the mouse cursor on the box then the box shall open. Hope it makes sense for you. Will only work if you’re in the cab and the train control mode is set to realistic mode(CAB).

I do hope to make more captures of my shot then preview on here.

Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Picked up TRS2019 over the weekend, and after a bit of time copying some content over I have been playing with the TurfFX feature. Pretty impressive that's for sure.

2019-06-23-211441.jpg

Cheers
David

Picked up TRS2019 over the weekend, and after a bit of time copying some content over I have been playing with the TurfFX feature. Pretty impressive that's for sure.

Cheers
David

What is TurfFX and how does it work?
Could it be used in conjunction with clutter effects?

Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Its this: https://player.vimeo.com/video/278405254?autoplay=1&loop=1&autopause=0
Its like speedtree grass, but this time you 'paint' it on. Yes it can be conjunction with clutter and the grass, and can be mixed with other grass as well

Cheers

Thanks for the tip mate. Does it also count towards seasonal effects?
The Vimeo you’ve shown right it is repeatedly looped.
Trainz never looked so enticingly rich without those real life moving graphics and other real life looking textures.
Auran made builtin assets when first series of Trainz was released. It didn’t look pretty before, it was notoriously awful. Now as you can see the assets pretty much(a way back ago) have lots of warnings on them regarding obsolescence and outdated files ims and texture bugs and more to list and how it can throw a major impact on Trainz running performance. Trainz Wiki has already noted down some more common errors and warnings well see them for yourself.

Nice shots there Steve. The stairs are so alike to the real structure with a variety of different appearances. Will they have spline point attachments to connect up the overall kit or will it be just a whole structure when finished?

What’s the invisible signals doing there on the platform?

And for the signals, should you intend to replace Nats one with Rangers signals considering they’re more broader than Nats and can show better more indications on the signals plus extra more indicators like sub signals.

Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Back