Australian screenshots

Nope this was the best C38 variant every made
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Love the "racing stripes", very effective. From a distance it almost looks like a hot rod. All that's left I suppose is a shark nose version..:hehe:
cheers
Graeme

The red C38 doesn't look too bad, actually... (ducks for cover). Maybe on a rake of red and cream clerestory roof HX/CBC type cars!

Have you messed with said scheme on a non-streamlined unit, Bear?? Maybe one with black smokebox... and an all over red??

Humm was not thinking about it but now I am - the red/tuscan C38 came out far better that I original felt it would .

There is no plans to repeat the sins of the past with a Candy C38

The red C38 doesn't look too bad, actually... (ducks for cover). Maybe on a rake of red and cream clerestory roof HX/CBC type cars!

Have you messed with said scheme on a non-streamlined unit, Bear?? Maybe one with black smokebox... and an all over red??

Steve let me guess - Wondabyne Station on Mullet Creek on the line between Sydney and Newcastle. This is the only railway station in Australia that does not have any road access - access only by train, boat or hiking boots over the hills behind (I did that once - quite a climb). "Commuters" to the station (an "on request" only stop) use the small jetty as their parking lot.

The steamer shown is a bit ambitious - while the the creek is quite wide, it is too shallow for anything other than small craft. Even the local ferries have to check the tides before venturing up the creek.

The quarry shown virtually ceased operations since they removed the railway siding (not included in your screen shots) and it operated only when demand required before that. Wagon pickups and drop-offs would be by a late night northbound freight stopping at the station. I understand that it was quite a sight - a long container express train with usually just one gondola type wagon to or from the quarry.

The quarry was used for decorative sandstone (building facings and sculptures) and I believe that there has only been one or two shipments out since the siding was removed years ago - they had to transport the stone across the tracks and load it onto a barge to ship it out. I believe that the quarry is now permanently closed.

A very good effort.

Last edited:
Thanks pware
Yes, i know i have made it more that what Wondabyne was or is now but i was trying to create a little extra attraction, i remember the quarry well and all the old houses around 1 or 2 of the western side inlets,,
I might cut the hole route down and set an upload for Wondabyne,,
I have been trying to setup Hosting videos on my website so i can show videos of my routes because YouTube has gone crazy with regulation and if you are an outspoken person then you could find yourself in trouble,,
Regards Steve

Wonderful shots there Steve, Ryan, Dave. Top stuff guys.

I hope to be back in it shortly. Change of residence, new furniture (all in flat-packs with hundreds of cam bolts and screws) just irons me out each day.

Cheers,
Roy

Yep C39 made during WWII if I remember righ

Are there actual photos of the "alleged" locomotive? I have done searches all over the shop, even in highly regardedanalog loco books and failed to find even a mention of this allegation. Or is it getting close to 1 April? Dave is this another example of "loco abuse"?:eek: The heaviest locos ever to run over the blue mountains were D57 and D58. Even garrets were uncommon on the mountain line because of their braking system. their was a plan to create a streamlined garret for a pssenger services in C38 class green no less. It was going to be called the c39 from memory, but it never got past a scale1 model which showed up once at a model railways exhibition. So please, a photo would be nice, (back to man cave to hibernate)

it was worth a good chuckle at least

Pete

Gday folks, been a while since ive last been on here. Anyways got a project that is long overdue for trainz. The Deisel Tilt Train for Queensland Rail. Still a fair way off from export but its already taking shape.

unknown.png

Due to the C39 being owned by the British War Department, all documentation covering it war duties are still classified under an 100 year embargo until 2045 and me publishing them here would see me in breech of the official secret act (1939) and really do not want to have to run off to the UK and hide in the Ecuadorean embassy.

Are there actual photos of the "alleged" locomotive? I have done searches all over the shop, even in highly regardedanalog loco books and failed to find even a mention of this allegation. Or is it getting close to 1 April? Dave is this another example of "loco abuse"?:eek: The heaviest locos ever to run over the blue mountains were D57 and D58. Even garrets were uncommon on the mountain line because of their braking system. their was a plan to create a streamlined garret for a pssenger services in C38 class green no less. It was going to be called the c39 from memory, but it never got past a scale1 model which showed up once at a model railways exhibition. So please, a photo would be nice, (back to man cave to hibernate)

it was worth a good chuckle at least

Pete

The only mention of the c39 was by a chap on railpage who knew someone who knew someone who hads seen a drawing at commonwealth engineering Clyde. He assumes they are in archives somewhere the config was 4-8-4, a stretched c38, not the great lumbering thing in the screenshot, which probably wouldnt get around the first NSWGR bend without derailing and ending uo in south australia.:eek: ps the 1939 secrets act has been superseded somewhat, if you did spill the beans you would go on a trial so secret that you would not even know if you had been on trail or for that matter completed a jail sentence:'(

cheer
Pete

The only mention of the c39

At the risk of being jailed without my knowledge, a proposal for an AC39 class express passenger garratt.
Proposed-NSWGR-39-class.jpg

And other proposals for what would become the C38, including a 4-cylinder 4-6-4, with 12-wheel tender. What a beast that would have been!
NSWGR-38-Proposals.jpg

At the risk of being jailed without my knowledge, a proposal for an AC39 class express passenger garratt.

And other proposals for what would become the C38, including a 4-cylinder 4-6-4, with 12-wheel tender. What a beast that would have been!

Fascinating. Can you please let us know the source/book from which you have captured those images? As per ad602000's comments, no book I have mentions such a possibility.

Last edited:
Bulgary 1950's

Even the most sleepiest of branch lines would come alive during peak seasonal periods... 1950s branch line bulk wheat in action.

VVO74ez.jpg

aWN4cy4.jpg

Last edited:
Back