Australian screenshots

A little more work today, this time around the southern side of Steve123's Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Because I intend to run Trams and Trains across the bridge, I thought I might re-do the tunnel entrances on both sides of the bridge then add the pedestrian stairs and subway block.
SHB-Screen-2.jpg

SHB-screen-3.jpg

Then I thought, double-decker buses might add a little more atmosphere too, so I knocked up some toll gates of the 1950s.
SHB-SCREEN-1.jpg

One thing leads to another, so immediately adjacent is the 'Argyle Cut'. This model is a 'first off' look and may not be final. So I'll be playing with some additional textures.
SHB-screen-4.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

I've had to re-work my Sydney Harbour Bridge tunnels as well as, the pedestrian stairs.
screen34.jpg
screen35.jpg

Also testing double-decker buses across the bridge.

Cheers,
Roy

Nice work Roy thanks for all the signs too mate they are just the ticket, Only critisism i'd have about your latest sceen shots of your works is to maybe tone down that blue on top of the toll booths just a tad or dirty it up a bit as it kind of stands out in my eye all this nice sand stone work on and around the bridge and then just a modern type blue roof on the toll boths.
Not a insult or anything just my opinion mate although I wasn't around in the 50's I still do remember having to throw ya coins into the basket for the toll booths lol.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Nice work Roy thanks for all the signs too mate they are just the ticket, Only critisism i'd have about your latest sceen shots of your works is to maybe tone down that blue on top of the toll booths just a tad or dirty it up a bit as it kind of stands out in my eye all this nice sand stone work on and around the bridge and then just a modern type blue roof on the toll boths.
Not a insult or anything just my opinion mate although I wasn't around in the 50's I still do remember having to throw ya coins into the basket for the toll booths lol.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Thanks Mick, I think you are most probably right about the bright blue roof on the toll gates. It was blue, but definitely not as bright as I have created - it needs a layer of dirt. Here's a shot taken in the early sixties.
toll-gates-1.jpg

Over the years, there have been several different styles and shapes of toll gates on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Here is one of them.
toll-gates-2.jpg

When I first 'drove' over the bridge and paid a toll (1950s), there were no baskets, the toll collector would give you change for notes and a 'ticket' denoting that you have paid. Tickets were required to be submitted to your employer, to redeem any travel 'costs'.

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
When I first 'drove' over the bridge and paid a toll (1950s), there were no baskets, the toll collector would give you change for notes and a 'ticket' denoting that you have paid. Tickets were required to be submitted to your employer, to redeem any travel 'costs'.

Really showing ya age now Roy lol, All I can remember was they used to make you stop till the machine registered that you had put in the right amount of coins into the basket so you'd throw em in as hard as you could thinking they would get to the bottom quickest but all it did was make the basket move around lol and the people manning the toll booth would look at you as if you were just another moron trying to beat the system, Still a bit of a buzz for way back when.
Cheers Mick.

A great screenshot Tom. Nice detailing mate - keep up the fine work.

I notice it's been fairly quiet around here lately. Everyone must be on holidays. Speaking of which, next week my wife and I will be travelling from Sydney to Perth on the Indian Pacific - something I'd been meaning to do for some time now.

Naturally, I'll be thinking of you all, while I sit back and dine on fine food washed down with vintage wines. It's time for enjoyment.

Cheers,
Roy

I notice it's been fairly quiet around here lately. Everyone must be on holidays. Speaking of which, next week my wife and I will be travelling from Sydney to Perth on the Indian Pacific - something I'd been meaning to do for some time now.

Naturally, I'll be thinking of you all, while I sit back and dine on fine food washed down with vintage wines. It's time for enjoyment.

Cheers,
Roy

Have a great trip Roy and enjoy the holiday! My father and I traveled on the Indian Pacific but we came back to Sydney from Perth. It's a wonderful way to see the backyard of this country. Have fun!

Cheers,
Sharpey

Have a great trip Roy and enjoy the holiday! My father and I traveled on the Indian Pacific but we came back to Sydney from Perth. It's a wonderful way to see the backyard of this country. Have fun!

Cheers,
Sharpey

Thanks mate, I sure will.

My only problem, I can't take my desktop with me, so my 1950s Sydney route is on-hold while I'm away. However, my wife is glad so I can focus a little more on her.

Cheers,
Roy

I hope you and wifey have an incredible time Roy, It is a trip my wife and i would love to make one day so yeah enjoy mate.
Cheers Mick.

Cheers,
Roy

Really (really!) want to do this trip. One day.

Enjoy, and let us know how it went.

Thanks Mick and Phil, we'll do our best to enjoy every minute of the trip.

In fact our Uber has just arrived to take us to Sydney.

Power-off on desktop. See ya guys.
Cheers,
Roy

Cooma-Bombala in TRS2019 with MSGsapper's "TANE" track with Elstoko's ballast texture.

taned_087.jpg

Harold

Last edited:
Well I'm happy to announce that the QHBH series of wagons I have been working on are finally ready for release. They should be available on the DLS soon, depending on the current speed of the DLS upload process. (Usually around 24 hours of recent times).

There are six liveries all together including the main three {QRN, Aurizon as well as the QRN 'Promo' livery), as well as their weathered versions. Each wagon set consists of 'A' and 'B' wagons for each part of the two-pack wagon set.
Also features a custom ECP end of train marker used on these wagons as well as a number of other coal wagons in the NSW Hunter Valley coal network.

To help with placing these wagons in surveyor and ensure they are facing the right way I have also created consists for each two-pack set.

A very big thank-you to my mate Scott (aka Ghostryder) who provided me with a drawing plan as well as many detail photo's to work with. Also thanks to Leon Harris for providing photo's of the ETM for modelling.

The QHAH wagons, which are the earlier design of these wagons are next on my to-do list.
Enjoy!

qhbh-release.jpg

qhbh-release2.jpg

qhbh-release3.jpg

ecp-etm.jpg
[SUB][/SUB]

Cheers

Matt

Nice shots guys! Some great content and routes being shown here :)

Also nice to see Boobless_Ed's cliff splines getting some use!

2019-04-03%20221024.jpg

After several days of hard work around the VR network, a filthy V499 sits in the shed at Healesville awaiting it's next task. Hopefully the cleaners can give it a bit of a spruce up before then!

Regards
Zec

Nice shots everyone!

T320 coming into Tocumwal on a special.
Screenshot-93.png

Still very much a work in progress

Last edited:
Back